Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The refs/penalties narrative this week is as false as the cold weather narrative was last week.

The Bills know what happened last year and have prepared. Remember how physical Bills CBs were being in training camp and preseason? Remember the first Chiefs game?

Just another false narrative we'll have to hear all week from fans. Without a doubt there will be something new to complain about after Sunday.

Perhaps.

But if KC's D starts to get physical and grabby and the refs allow it hopefully the Buffalo defense follows suit. 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Perhaps.

But if KC's D starts to get physical and grabby and the refs allow it hopefully the Buffalo defense follows suit. 

There's no "hopefully." That's what I'm saying. It's happening or it's not and the Bills are prepared this time.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills better be ready with some dance moves once they score...

Kelce just hit people with the Dougie last week...someone needs to start practicing...maybe answer back with the Griddy or something. Team choreographed Macarena?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills better be ready with some dance moves once they score...

Kelce just hit people with the Dougie last week...someone needs to start practicing...maybe answer back with the Griddy or something. Team choreographed Macarena?

Screw that. Act like they’ve been there.

• Like (+1) 4

This will be a battle of the offensive lines.  Whichever line plays better wins the game.  I hope that's the Bills' line.  I was struck by how well our line protected the QB and run blocked cmpared to the Cards OL tonight.

Give Allen or Mahomes a clean pocket and they'll shred any D.  Conversely, pressure on either and they play like mere mortals.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, harryS said:

I think the Bills o-line will continue their stellar play, Josh will have time, and we'll score 30+.  

BUT, unlike you, I'd still have it as 50/50 because unfortunately I think the Chiefs will be the first team to really expose our depleted cornerback situation.

We have to win a shootout.  I like our chances, but it's gonna be close.

You're on the right track as there is a racial element.  It's more that he's protecting his boy Mahomes, and he doesn't want to see any young white QB get more praise than Mahomes.

This entire defensive line rotation we’ve been rolling with was literally only implemented to slow down mahomes enough to win this game.  I think we’re taking this one too.  Put us at a bit of a disadvantage against power run teams as we have speed and not that much size but we are built to win this one. 

4 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

What’s worse is that we have Hussey. His crew barely calls defensive holding and pass interference. This is a majorly bad draw unless the Bills do the same to them and it’s called/allowed evenly 

That’s what happened in the regular season matchup…they were holding our guys and we were holding Kelce lol I think even if they try to jam us in tight man coverage this game they’re still gonna struggle because our receivers are much healthier this season compared to the afc championship game.  Beasley Davis and diggs were all playing with significant injuries last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd agree with those who say that Jodh Allen is the best QB in the NFL. But on the other side, Travis Kelce is arguably the best TE.

However, in a tight game like this, it's not just down to how well the respective Offences and Defences play.

The deciding factor could well be Special Teams - kick-offs and returns, punts and returns, executing an onside kick if required, and slotting long range FGs.

Then there is the unknown factor - if 4th down an 2 comes up, will they play conservatively, or will they go for it? Will there be any trick plays that haven't been seen in the regular season? All of this makes it a fascinating prospect for late night Sunday viewing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bargepole said:

The deciding factor could well be Special Teams - kick-offs and returns, punts and returns, executing an onside kick if required, and slotting long range FGs.

Then there is the unknown factor - if 4th down an 2 comes up, will they play conservatively, or will they go for it? Will there be any trick plays that haven't been seen in the regular season? All of this makes it a fascinating prospect for late night Sunday viewing.

Up until last week, I was not really worried about our Special Teams, as a matter of fact, I thought is was a strength of the team. Now, I'm not so sure--it has been a rough two weeks for them. I hope all that is out of their system now.

And to your question about 4th down, NO more conservative play, no question they will go for it! This teams lives and dies on Josh Allen, put the ball and the game in the hands of your best player.

The place I have a genuine concern about, and I think this will go a long way in determining the game's outcome, is our cornerbacks. The Chiefs' receiving core puts pressure on the best D-backs. Our guys have played well since Tre's injury, but they have not played anything close to the quality of what they will be up against on Sunday; this will be the first real test. Will they hold up? The one thing they do have is two of the best Safeties in the league to help cover up for other deficiencies. Hyde and Poyer will need to be at their best.

15 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

X factor: bring in Marv pre-game for some Churchillian D-Day speech that will set the troops afire. Like:

God almighty, in a few short hours we will be in battle with the enemy. We do not join battle afraid. We do not ask favours or indulgence but ask that, if you will, use us as your instrument for the right...

-- Wolverton, CO, 1/506 PIR

we shall fight in the field and trenches,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our end zone, whatever the cost may be,
we shall score in the red zone,
we shall fight for contested balls,
we shall triumph on the field,
we shall fight on third downs;
we shall never surrender,

Edited by Billsfansinceday1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender,

image.thumb.jpeg.b437839e5e8ec3df77430b34d7d1fd00.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This entire defensive line rotation we’ve been rolling with was literally only implemented to slow down mahomes enough to win this game.  I think we’re taking this one too.  Put us at a bit of a disadvantage against power run teams as we have speed and not that much size but we are built to win this one. 

Many teams ran all over us last season, too (including the Chiefs in the regular season game), so I don't know if the changes are that dramatic.  I just think generally we like light boxes and more coverage so opposing teams will sometimes have success running, and that was true before this season.  Also, the defensive ends have been whipping boys for the fanbase all season, so they're not going to inspire confidence now as the Mahomes solution.  And while I like our DTs, the Chiefs have a very strong interior of the OL.  "We're built to beat the Chiefs" has become a battle cry that I'm not sure is deserved (especially with Tre White out), other than we have a QB that might win a shootout against them.

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

Wilbon (PTI) completely dumping on Josh Allen. 

“Just because he was great two days ago doesn’t mean he’ll be great next week”

”Now Josh Allen and the Bills are so great, ehhh, let’s not overreact”

It blows my mind, Allen has the weirdest dudes who won’t recognize how good he is.  

Meanwhile, other guys like Chris Simms wonder if Josh Allen is THE best player in the NFL.  

The polarization is crazy.  What it tells me is he needs to dethrone Mahomes to win over the last of the detractors. 

He was just parroting that other jackazz Smith who tweeted an up and down graph and said "nothing to fear KC fans" JA has never strung together 2 in a row like that one.

I really don't want a track meet another blow out would be fine with me :) 

This might be the last time that the Bills play the KC Chiefs. They are under pressure to drop the name 'Chiefs' as it is considered insulting to Native American groups.

One of the leading professional rugby teams in England is the Exeter Chiefs, who use a headdress image as their logo, and various other native symbols. Following complaints from various Native American groups, they are set to drop all that at the end of the current season, and rebrand the franchise for 2022/23.

• Vomit 2

1 minute ago, bargepole said:

This might be the last time that the Bills play the KC Chiefs. They are under pressure to drop the name 'Chiefs' as it is considered insulting to Native American groups.

One of the leading professional rugby teams in England is the Exeter Chiefs, who use a headdress image as their logo, and various other native symbols. Following complaints from various Native American groups, they are set to drop all that at the end of the current season, and rebrand the franchise for 2022/23.

While there has been some noise about this...the Chiefs are not remotely close to changing the name.  The term Chief isn't considered disparaging.  Some may find the tomahawk chop etc offensive however.

Let's assume KC kept the name "Chiefs" and put a firemans helmet as the logo....would that be disparaging?  If the crowd made siren noises, would that be degrading to firemen?  Should we make mascots of first responders?  ...

Anyhow...this won't be the last time the Bills and "CHIEFS" meet up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.