Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

43 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

KC going off on an inferior opponent in Pittsburgh isn't news. Let's see how they do against the #1 defense. Their defense is going to try to bring heat and pressure Josh. It's not going to work. Buffalo has everyone healthy on the OL and in case no one has noticed, Tommy Doyle is now the blocking TE. That's right. An extra OT is blocking for Josh and Singletary. What Buffalo did to a top 5 defense last week was amazing. What do you think they are going to do to this poser KC Defense? This game should result in about the same outcome as the regular season game. A Buffalo win. KC can open up their bag of tricks on offense if they want. In fact, please do....

I agree. I see Bills overall as favoured to win. in looking at the Chiefs recent outings, Steelers were clearly a weak hand and an easy out, the Chargers would have beaten them if their coach wasn’t a bonehead, they barely beat a Drew Lock led Broncos team, and Joe Burrow (with a big assist from J. Chase) completely carved up their secondary. If their front can pressure Allen and force him out of the pocket the game could be competitive but our o-line has started to gel. Not only has Allen had more time in pass pro but the run blocking has improved with a scheme better suited to skill sets and with Singletary functioning effectively as the lead back. KC will now have to defend against the run and that should also translate into more time for Allen especially on early downs. Give Allen time in the pocket and he will destroy any D with his arm. 
But even if Reed, Jones, Ingram, Clark overmatch our O-line and force Allen out of the pocket, KC still needs to contend with #17s escapability, his ability to improvise in the passing game or rip off big yardage as a runner. 
We won’t shut down Pat Mahomes, but I think we outscore them.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reid and McDermott could not be any more different with their health and fitness. I remember during the draft footage the Bills put out from last year and Kim Pegula made cookies and the whole staff was eating them in the war room and McDermott was eating Raisin Bran.

He was gonna make a reference to only having one drink when your out and about, but then his son's legal team stopped him. 

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I just rewatched the week 5 Chiefs game, and I forgot how hard the refs tried to keep it close when it got out of hand. Oliver roughing the passer to extend a drive (technically a penalty, but inconsistently called), Kelce pulling Tre White into himself to draw DPI to extend a drive, Mitch Morse completely phantom holding call.

The refs in general made that game hard to watch. It was a flag fest.

What’s worse is that we have Hussey. His crew barely calls defensive holding and pass interference. This is a majorly bad draw unless the Bills do the same to them and it’s called/allowed evenly 

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That suits KC more than us - Spagnola likes his CBs to play handsy, it worked out for the Chiefs in last years’ matchups.  Bills need to figure out ways to get our receivers free releases off the line.  Chiefs will try to play press-and-pressure, disrupt Allen’s timing while wrecking his pocket.  Gotta be ready to counter that.

Agree with this but is the inverse true?  If they can generate pressure with their front four and press/mug the Bills’ receivers, do the odds tilt 70/30 their way?

Also remember the Bills receivers were banged up last year. Cole had a broken leg, Diggs had an injury. The Bills having all 5 receivers healthy should help them get away from handsy corners. Not to mention if the oline can give Josh 3-4 seconds, it also will help negate PI. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's crazy how different both these teams are since we met early in the season.  They have transformed their defensive line and put guys in better spots to succeed.  Their offense has been coming around as well.  On our side, our offensive line is night and day better.  We have totally overhauled our run game and are running the pin and pull game with our big athletic line which plays to our guy's strengths.  Pre-snap motion and the eye candy we have been waiting for are back and all of this has changed the way we work on that side of the ball.  Unfortunately, maybe the biggest issue we are going to have this time around is not having Tre out there to cover Hill. 

All this said, I am not sure how much the first meeting means at this point.  I think ultimately this game comes down to our defense and how they hold up.  I do think if we play well on offense, we'll score, but it comes down to how much we need.  If our defense plays their best game I think we can win.  If it turns into a shootout, it's going to be tough.  Really wish this game was at home.  I just hope our staff has learned their lesson and stays aggressive the entire game.  Go for it when the situation calls for it and keep the hammer down.  We can't score too many points in this game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Wilbon (PTI) completely dumping on Josh Allen. 

“Just because he was great two days ago doesn’t mean he’ll be great next week”

”Now Josh Allen and the Bills are so great, ehhh, let’s not overreact”

It blows my mind, Allen has the weirdest dudes who won’t recognize how good he is.  

Meanwhile, other guys like Chris Simms wonder if Josh Allen is THE best player in the NFL.  

The polarization is crazy.  What it tells me is he needs to dethrone Mahomes to win over the last of the detractors. 

wilbon and some of the african american guys at espn (foxworth, keyshawn, and another guy cant remember ) still have it out for him for the racist tweets at draft day.

100%

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

You can see in these games this weekend, the road teams get behind and it’s like a snowball going downhill against them. Crowd noise, turnovers, refs, etc..  Only San Fran came through. 

Bills gotta dictate from the opening snap as best they can. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dang nice graphic Solomon grundy. Over 800 yards between Devin and Josh. Just nice to finally see a complete game this year. Idk if they were sleep walking through the year or if Mcd finally got through to dabs or if players are just finally stepping up and executing but we are a different team since week 13. 

This is going to be a heavy weight battle! Can't wait to watch this one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Most see next Sunday night as pretty much a 50-50 proposition. For sure it’s the biggest matchup of the playoffs so far and a treat for all football fans. To me it could well boil down to how well the Chiefs D-line is able to play, Frank Clark, Jarron Reed, and esp Chris Jones. If they are unable to bring big pressure on Allen the percentages swing big time 70-30 in Bills favour. 

I think the Bills o-line will continue their stellar play, Josh will have time, and we'll score 30+.  

BUT, unlike you, I'd still have it as 50/50 because unfortunately I think the Chiefs will be the first team to really expose our depleted cornerback situation.

We have to win a shootout.  I like our chances, but it's gonna be close.

6 hours ago, TH3 said:

Wilbon has a problem with good white guys

You're on the right track as there is a racial element.  It's more that he's protecting his boy Mahomes, and he doesn't want to see any young white QB get more praise than Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The refs/penalties narrative this week is as false as the cold weather narrative was last week.

The Bills know what happened last year and have prepared. Remember how physical Bills CBs were being in training camp and preseason? Remember the first Chiefs game?

Just another false narrative we'll have to hear all week from fans. Without a doubt there will be something new to complain about after Sunday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, harryS said:

I think the Bills o-line will continue their stellar play, Josh will have time, and we'll score 30+.  

BUT, unlike you, I'd still have it as 50/50 because unfortunately I think the Chiefs will be the first team to really expose our depleted cornerback situation.

We have to win a shootout.  I like our chances, but it's gonna be close.

This is my prediction as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.