Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Wilbon (PTI) completely dumping on Josh Allen. 

“Just because he was great two days ago doesn’t mean he’ll be great next week”

”Now Josh Allen and the Bills are so great, ehhh, let’s not overreact”

It blows my mind, Allen has the weirdest dudes who won’t recognize how good he is.  

Guess he just needs to keep proving them wrong.  

Wilbon has a problem with good white guys

• Eyeroll 2

21 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It is head scratching how there is this group of NFL "experts" and ex players that just crap all over Allen. It's weird but I suspect goes back to what these people said about Allen's prospects leading up to and after the 2018 draft.

I think playing in Buffalo is also a huge part of it

• Awesome! (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Not imo. The strength of the NE D is/was their secondary. Its better than the Chiefs’. Allen/Dabol dismantled it. So advantage Bills. Plus there are guys there to pick on ie Sorensen. So if the Chiefs front plays well, which they are doing now, I think it’s still pretty equal. If our O-line is again up to it Allen and Daboll will do to KC what they did to NE, so between 40-50 points. Give Allen that kind of time and he’s unbeatable. I’m really interested to see what Spags comes up with.

While your opinion on NE Secondary might be true if Gilmore were still there and Jonathan Jones /Shaun Wade/Jalon Mills had suited up, this past Saturday's D backfield looked like the backups in an intra-squad scrimmage.  McCourty, Jackson and Dugger were the only 3 who would have normally played.  That is why the Bills had so many open WRs and TE.  There is no way to say that this past SAT's NE D Backfield is better than the Chiefs. 

58 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Plus there are guys there to pick on ie Sorensen.

Sorensen is no longer a starter.  Only plays in their big Nickel Run D as they have taken away any deep coverage responsibilities.  Thornhill and the Honey Badger are their starting Safeties now. 

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It blows my mind, Allen has the weirdest dudes who won’t recognize how good he is.  

So my read here is this is an urbane East Coast talking head who just has trouble with the Wyoming "Cowboy" stereotype - farming, family and flag.  Cultural differences I guess.

And it appears that the non-player world (Florio, Wilbon, Nick Wright) can't grasp what a true "Unicorn" looks like.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

While your opinion on NE Secondary might be true if Gilmore were still there and Jonathan Jones /Shaun Wade/Jalon Mills had suited up, this past Saturday's D backfield looked like the backups in an intra-squad scrimmage.  McCourty, Jackson and Dugger were the only 3 who would have normally played.  That is why the Bills had so many open WRs and TE.  There is no way to say that this past SAT's NE D Backfield is better than the Chiefs. 

Sorensen is no longer a starter.  Only plays in their big Nickel Run D as they have taken away any deep coverage responsibilities.  Thornhill and the Honey Badger are their starting Safeties now. 

So my read here is this is an urbane East Coast talking head who just has trouble with the Wyoming "Cowboy" stereotype - farming, family and flag.  Cultural differences I guess.

And it appears that the non-player world (Florio, Wilbon, Nick Wright) can't grasp what a true "Unicorn" looks like.

I do honestly think there’s something to that.   Not to get off topic, but those same guys are typically ready to declare West Coast Allen (Herbert) to be elite.  I don’t even know that Herbert is any different than Allen (politically/culturally), but Allen’s family & background is not something they resonate with… then factor in vax hesitancy and he cemented himself as “that type” to them. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Meanwhile, other guys like Chris Simms wonder if Josh Allen is THE best player in the NFL.  

The polarization is crazy.  What it tells me is he needs to dethrone Mahomes to win over the last of the detractors. 

Because there's probably a very few stragglers who insisted 4 years ago he'd never pan out. Admitting you're wrong is still one of the hardest things to do  in human nature. All that matters is Mel Kiper saw Josh long before anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm off on Monday so I can stay up and watch - from a selfish point of view I'd hope the Championship game is on the Sunday afternoon if we get through as I can't keep booking days off! For that, I suppose I should keep my fingers crossed for a Bucs at Packers Championship game in the NFC as that's more likely to get a primetime slot.

As an aside, if the Chiefs win I couldn't care less.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Not willing to admit being wrong is a big part of it, and certainly true with Wilbon. Wilbon and Kornheiser were very vocal about Josh Allen at the time of the draft regarding the old twitter stuff from when he was 16. He was labeled a racist by them and many, many black players and analysts and others around the NFL.  They already viewed the Bills organization as some sort of racist overlord for not recognizing the greatness of Tyrod Taylor. While that has largely disappeared it has not and likely never will with some and that includes these two turds who have never been known to admit being wrong, dating back to their WAPO columnist days.  

For retweeting a Rick Ross lyric and a quote from modern family. It’s an excuse to be racist if someone takes issue with what Josh RETWEETED. What a joke

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I do honestly think there’s something to that.   Not to get off topic, but those same guys are typically ready to declare West Coast Allen (Herbert) to be elite.  I don’t even know that Herbert is any different than Allen (politically/culturally), but Allen’s family & background is not something they resonate with… then factor in vax hesitancy and he cemented himself as “that type” to them. 

Both Wilbon and Kornheiser strike me as East Coast elitists - Wilbon went to Northwestern (not Ivy League but just as snooty) in Chicago (his home town) but then worked for Washington Post and then ESPN.  Kornheiser is a Long Islander who went to what is now SUNY Binghamton and was a Washington Post writer too.  then he went to ESPN.  The "woke "force is strong with these two!

Have to believe they see WNYers as Rednecks and people from the Central Valley in CA as the same.  Don't believe they have ever ridden in or, God forbid, driven a Pickup truck.   Too bad, their loss!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Both Wilbon and Kornheiser strike me as East Coast elitists - Wilbon went to Northwestern (not Ivy League but just as snooty) in Chicago (his home town) but then worked for Washington Post and then ESPN.  Kornheiser is a Long Islander who went to what is now SUNY Binghamton and was a Washington Post writer too.  then he went to ESPN.  The "woke "force is strong with these two!

Have to believe they see WNYers as Rednecks and people from the Central Valley in CA as the same.  Don't believe they have ever ridden in or, God forbid, driven a Pickup truck.   Too bad, their loss!

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Relax lol. ***** em. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Bills practiced being more physical with receivers this year, specifically because of the AFCCG. It's payback time for what the Chiefs got away with last year.

I'm glad we get a ref who doesn't call PI much. They've prepared for THIS EXACT MOMENT and control their own destiny.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

With the emergence of MacKenzie and if the Bills will stay committed to the run. I think that offense even more than before is a load to handle. KC gonna have their hands full.

If anyone of the two teams start off too slow and fail to slow down the other. Thats ball game in my opinion. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

With the emergence of MacKenzie and if the Bills will stay committed to the run. I think that offense even more than before is a load to handle. KC gonna have their hands full.

If anyone of the two teams start off too slow and fail to slow down the other. Thats ball game in my opinion. 

I agree.  Our O-line is a big factor in the run game too, they have really jelled of late and are playing tough, aggressive football.  I think that's an aspect KC really hasn't seen.   You could tell by the NE game that this whole Bills team wants it bad!  I think the Chiefs are going to be surprised with our new-found physicality.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I agree.  Our O-line is a big factor in the run game too, they have really jelled of late and are playing tough, aggressive football.  I think that's an aspect KC really hasn't seen.   You could tell by the NE game that this whole Bills team wants it bad!  I think the Chiefs are going to be surprised with our new-found physicality.

I would give the bills the edge over KC cause I think you'll defense is better.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Meanwhile, other guys like Chris Simms wonder if Josh Allen is THE best player in the NFL.  

The polarization is crazy.  What it tells me is he needs to dethrone Mahomes to win over the last of the detractors. 

I work with a guy who is constantly saying Allen isn't good. I think there's just some people who just won't change their pre draft narrative. They thought he would suck, so they're just gonna stick to it no matter what. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's seriously still a question?

Why don't they just ask "Hey Sean, is there any chance you can give us a controversial quote? It can be anything, please. Please god, just give us something saucy! P.S. Do you approve of the nickname 'Saucy Sean'?"

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.