Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Do we have to wear the blue pants or can we go all white?

Pretty sure they can wear all white.  And I'll be wearing my throwback standing Buffalo hoodie...and crack open my one Guinness beer at kickoff and sit in the exact same position in the same chair...just as i did last Sat night.  

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Siran Neal makes a big impact.  His size and athletic ability should give Kelce fits.  Like last time.  Do not allow the easy 30 to 40 yard passes.  Make them make the 5 to 8 yard passes.  I think Allen plays the way he did vs NE 3 more times this year and Buffalo gets the Lombardi. Make it no doubt.  Beat NE than Mahomes than imo Burrow and beat Brady or Rodgers for it all.  Allen becomes the face of the league.  

It will Def come down to who makes more mistakes. Give up the 5-8 yards all game long and hope we get some turnovers. Josh will have to be patient too. Limit mistakes, take what they give you. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just re-watched the game (again- I may never erase it from my DVR) and Gilliam was one guy who stood out to me when he was in - just going after people. One thing that is for sure, the blocking is awesome when guys are pulling and out in space - Morse and Brown especially.  The blockers get a head of steam they are all looking to obliterate people

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Most see next Sunday night as pretty much a 50-50 proposition. For sure it’s the biggest matchup of the playoffs so far and a treat for all football fans. To me it could well boil down to how well the Chiefs D-line is able to play, Frank Clark, Jarron Reed, and esp Chris Jones. If they are unable to bring big pressure on Allen the percentages swing big time 70-30 in Bills favour. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram weren’t there when we beat them earlier in the season, so you add in Frank Clark and Spag’s aggressive blitzes and I hope Daboll is coming up with a plan that relies on screens, slants, and other quit hitters. They’re not going to give Josh time to throw. 

Chris Jones is a monster, but I think our IOL is much better prepared to deal with him compared to last season (mainly because Bates >>> Feliciano and Morse is playing some of his best ball right now).

You make a good point about Spag's blitz packages and scheme (which I have a lot of respect for), but as far as Clark and Ingram go, those two guys have 5.5 sacks between them for KC this season. Clark was a big factor in that loss in 2020, but he doesn't look like that level of player anymore.

Frazier needs to devise a plan to limit Jones and stop him from wrecking the game; if we can do that, I actually don't hate the matchups for our offensive line the way that we're gelling at the moment.

18 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Just re-watched the game (again- I may never erase it from my DVR) and Gilliam was one guy who stood out to me when he was in - just going after people. One thing that is for sure, the blocking is awesome when guys are pulling and out in space - Morse and Brown especially.  The blockers get a head of steam they are all looking to obliterate people

Yeah it's different this year too as the DBs can't cut them.  So you get two big OL running down hill with a freight train QB following and its fun to watch.  Unless it is happening to you...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I feel this rivalry KC - Buffalo, Mahomes vs Allen will be every year in AFC playoffs. Like Brady vs Manning.

Are you worried to go without your CB1 against Mahomes? It's a hard task to beat KC in Arrowhead 2-0 in one season. 

Oh yeah, as nice as the Bills talk about KC, in the last two games things have gotten pretty chippy don't think these teams like each other much at all.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Is romo all that better?

I think Nantz/Romo have done all of 4 Bills games since Josh became QB1.  2018 vs. Vikings, 2019 vs. Cowboys Thanksgiving, 2021 AFC Championship and this season  vs. Tampa Bay.  Maybe I am missing some.  I'd say the reason for this is because they are usually in higher viewership 4 to 7 window.  They have been largely entertained by what they have seen and fair with their commentary, imo.  They talk like they have seen some of the Bill's games above and beyond the ones they covered.  Others talk like they are seeing the Bills play for the first time and are basing play descriptions solely on hearsay/reputation.  

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, Filthy is wrong again with more troll like pessimism’s. Actually he IS right about one thing. The October game means zero when it comes to this game. Not because of Jones being out or any of the Bills who missed that contest. It’s just a new game and all that goes out the window. What he doesn’t get is that it always the case. The previous game never matters , but he kept referencing the Monday night Pats game as if it was relevant to week 16 or Saturday nights beat down. 

Historically in playoff rematches, the team that won in regular season also wins in the playoffs. So maybe it is good that KC beat Pittsburgh? 

I will regroup on this in a week or so. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/17/fmia-wild-card-weekend-nfl-playoffs-peter-king/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Not long before one of the great playoff games an NFL quarterback has ever played, a text message pinged into Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen’s phone.

So proud to know that you’ve risen to the level of being a Pro Bowl alternate!

The sarcastic barb came from Allen’s trusted offseason workout coach, Jordan Palmer. Allen, of course, was somewhat famously omitted from the AFC Pro Bowl roster this year when Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert and Lamar Jackson were chosen ahead of him.

Maybe Allen used a few drops of motivational fuel from the Palmer text. Maybe he just chuckled at it. My bet is the former.

Thought this was pretty cool to read.

There’s more good stuff from Peter king in the article. I always enjoy reading his FMIA articles.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.