Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

wish Allen and the offense would have save some of what they unloaded against the Pats for next week

What kind of an asinine statement is this?  Do you honestly believe teams can "bank" good play for future use?  Geez, dude, you just continue to distinguish yourself as either an elite troll or a complete moron.

Go read the Athletic article about the multitude of formations and personnel groupings the Bills used Saturday night.  That gives KC and all other future opponents so much to prepare for their heads will be swimming.

• Like (+1) 1

This is Colts vs Patriots.  Before that Cowboys vs Niners.  These 2 teams are going to be battling each other for years to come.  Wanna be the man you gotta beat the man Woooo!  First, stomp out NE.  Now go and get past the Chiefs.  The Bills are a better football today than they were week 5.  Much of the talk is the KC was struggling and are better.  I think they are the same.  With the same flaws and strengths.  If Buffalo can stop the big play they win.  

4 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Dreading this game.. Chiefs are a pain in the butt to play against.  I would much rather play Pittsburgh but oh well.  

The Bills need to play a clean game.  They do that and they’ll win.  No dumb penalties no turn overs please.  

To be the best you have to beat the best. Ever since the AFC championship game Brandon Beane and mcdermott  have tried to build this team to beat the chiefs. This is the time. Sunday prime time. The whole world will be watching this game.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Pretty much and this is where I still have doubts and wish Allen and the offense would have save some of what they unloaded against the Pats for next week because history has shown Allen rarely puts together back to back elite performances where it's been the norm for Mahomes.

One thing is for sure, if McDermott and Frazier paid attention tonight they better come up with the gameplan of their lives on defense to bring maximum pressure and take chances all night because only a fool would think Wallace and Jackson are going to be up to task and without White there are so many ways the Chiefs can kill you even if you take away one of Kelce/Hill.

Keep actively projecting Bills coming up short, one of these times you will be right and you will get your desired "I told you so" out of your system. At this point you aren't telling it like it is, you are actively rooting against the team.

• Thank you (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This is Colts vs Patriots.  Before that Cowboys vs Niners.  These 2 teams are going to be battling each other for years to come.  Wanna be the man you gotta beat the man Woooo!  First, stomp out NE.  Now go and get past the Chiefs.  The Bills are a better football today than they were week 5.  Much of the talk is the KC was struggling and are better.  I think they are the same.  With the same flaws and strengths.

Cowboys-Niners is a good analogy…two heavyweights battling it out every year. The Chiefs aren’t going away, but neither are the Bills….some years will be our year, and some will be theirs.  I feel like this is one our years…

23 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This is Colts vs Patriots.  Before that Cowboys vs Niners.  These 2 teams are going to be battling each other for years to come.  Wanna be the man you gotta beat the man Woooo!  First, stomp out NE.  Now go and get past the Chiefs.  The Bills are a better football today than they were week 5.  Much of the talk is the KC was struggling and are better.  I think they are the same.  With the same flaws and strengths.  If Buffalo can stop the big play they win.  

Yea.. KC is the gatekeeper until someone takes them out.  Mahomes is the face of the league until someone takes him out.  

That said.. Who are these two teams right now? 

Are they the teams that beat the life out of NE and Pit?  Or are they the teams that finished with some uneven play?  

-Bills had the nice win in NE, beat some bad teams easily, but looked uneven/disinterested in those games.   

-Chiefs lost to the Bengals by falling apart in the second half.  Then should’ve lost to Denver if the Broncos don’t fumble late.  

A close, epic game wouldn’t surprise me.  Also, one of these teams winning by a couple scores wouldn’t surprise me.  That being said, I think the scar tissue and our tendency to blow teams out in victories would make an easy victory to be more expected from Buffalo.  

I didn't want the Pats match-up, and it turned out to be the best thing ever & exactly what I needed (and, I think, every other Bills fan).  I was so glad we didn't get the 1 seed and that the Chargers blew it so that we could have the game we did.  What a night.

I hope the same for KC.  It was not the match-up I wanted...but maybe it's the match-up I need.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I didn't want the Pats match-up, and it turned out to be the best thing ever & exactly what I needed (and, I think, every other Bills fan).  I was so glad we didn't get the 1 seed and that the Chargers blew it so that we could have the game we did.  What a night.

I hope the same for KC.  It was not the match-up I wanted...but maybe it's the match-up I need.

I'm pretty much in that boat.  I was pissed all the way back to the Raiders/Chargers game when it didn't end in a tie.  Turns out NE was the best possible opponent. 

This KC game is a monster.  I'm at the point of thinking that if it's meant to be that Buffalo fans/Allen/McDermott/Beane/Pegula, etc.. are meant to win a Super Bowl, then here we are.  It will happen.  No matter who they have to play.  It's out of our control.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

6) This was Greg Rousseau's breakout game and the best of his rookie year. Had a big run stop/TFL on a 3rd and 2 to force a punt and then had the tipped ball turned INT later on. Consistently held the edge

Before the chiefs game I said this is the reason we drafted Rousseau, let's see how he does. And it was an amazing game by him. He didn't have a ton of massive impact plays but it was what he did to mahomes game. There was 2 plays that showed me how much an impact he had. 

1. Mahomes breaks out of the pocket, Hughes has the edge, mahomes dips his shoulder to make Hughes stutter step and mahomes gets around Hughes for a first down.

2. Mahomes breaks out of the pocket, squares up to Rousseau, immediately back pedals and throws the ball off his back foot out of bounds.

Mahomes respects Rousseaus speed and reach, he knows he can't shake Rousseau and out run him. Just Rousseaus presence keeps one more thing in the back of mahomes mind when he's in the pocket.

Edited by Norcalbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My most immediate question is how Dane Jackson will hold up against those KC perimeter receivers. He's been vulnerable to double moves among other things.

If you compare the Bills D now to the Bills D in the game earlier this season, we were without Matt Milano then but had Tre'davious White. Now we're without White but have Milano back. If I had to choose, I'd rather have White than Milano.

On the other hand, the Bills D in general has been playing well lately. It's going to be a toss-up, I think, with the weight on the offense to score whenever they have the ball, TDs instead of field goals, and not turn the ball over. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

My most immediate question is how Dane Jackson will hold up against those KC perimeter receivers. He's been vulnerable to double moves among other things.

If you compare the Bills D now to the Bills D in the game earlier this season, we were without Matt Milano then but had Tre'davious White. Now we're without White but have Milano back. If I had to choose, I'd rather have White than Milano.

On the other hand, the Bills D in general has been playing well lately. It's going to be a toss-up, I think, with the weight on the offense to score whenever they have the ball, TDs instead of field goals, and not turn the ball over. 

This is my big question mark to this game. We have not had to really been tested in the secondary much since Tre went down. This is a big test. I like having Milano with Kelce, but would much prefer not to have to pick either/or. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

If there is a defensive roster and coaching staff I'd trust to come up with and execute a gameplan against the Chiefs or really any offense it's the Bills.

1 hour ago, mjfbillsfan said:

Not sure this is right thread but any idea on where one should stay in KC?  Is rental car needed?  Looks like stadium a good ways from airport and not in downtown. There less than 48 hours but would like to grab some bbq or hit any major site.  Is there a Bills backer club or place to go Sat night.  This will be a heavy weight fight.  Go Bills. 

Join the Bills Backers of Kansas City facebook group.  They've got all the info for Saturday night.  Here's the main bit

53479413_KCplans.thumb.jpeg.e286d208071f5562da5a84c8a8ec6dd9.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is my big question mark to this game. We have not had to really been tested in the secondary much since Tre went down. This is a big test. I like having Milano with Kelce, but would much prefer not to have to pick either/or. 

There were a few plays Saturday where the bills secondary left some players wide open. The hunter Henry first down comes to mind and a few others. This game might see a team put up 50 points to win 

9 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Addison might be out this time. He has a sling on his arm.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.