Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

49 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

KC Buffalo may be seen as the AFC SB

depending on who actually makes it to the dance 

The Bengals and Titans are both excellent teams. Any of the four teams would represent the AFC well. Hoping for a Bills (obviously and Bengals win so the AFCCG is in OP.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed… though I expect this game to be close and the Bills haven’t won a close game all year… mostly due to the offenses inability to finish… if they are down a score and have the ball for the win, hopefully they can finally find a way in crunch time. 

They really have to. It is the knock on this offense. That too many times this year they, and Josh included, have had the ball in their hands at the end with a chance to win big games - in Tennessee, in Tampa and against New England - and have failed to get it done. If we are going to win it all one of the next 3 games likely comes down to that. Time to put up or shut up. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ag

OL needs to show they are for real against Jones, Ingram and Clark.  Also, McDermott needs to be working the refs pre, and during the game, WHEN KC gets handsy in the secondary. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

9 pages in and you bitchasses are still talking about the announcers.  

THE ANNOUNCERS.

Sack up people!  Who the hell cares who’s talking during the game.  Do we need another 9 pages on which uniforms they’ll be wearing?  Shall I brew some tea for everyone?  Decaf I assume?

Jeebus. 

Yeah I'm always down for a good cup of tea. 

It’s actually quite entertaining listening to some of these guys on the radio/tv this morning saying Buffalo can’t do what they did again, but have no problem thinking the Chiefs can consistently put up 40-50. I just wish Buffalo had a top ranked defense and/or an offense that scored more points than KC…..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This may have been said already but the good thing about playing the chiefs and them looking so dominant last night is that the hype on the bills won’t be as insane this week as it would have been with another opponent. The bills played a better offensive game against a better defense but I think that will be balanced  out by how good the chiefs looked. Don’t want the team to be overconfident. Should be a great game. 

Yeah the vibe I've gotten from the Bills team the last few weeks is loose, extreme confidence in themselves- not over-confidence which is a big distinction.  Mentally, physically, on-field execution- they seem to be peaking at just the right time - for just the right game.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh FFS....  they have given us the late Sunday slot. 11.30pm UK time. 

I would normally take the Monday off but I can't next week as I have to brief a Minister for a legislative debate the following day. 

So - high level meeting? 

j/k 😛

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They really have to. It is the knock on this offense. That too many times this year they, and Josh included, have had the ball in their hands at the end with a chance to win big games - in Tennessee, in Tampa and against New England - and have failed to get it done. If we are going to win it all one of the next 3 games likely comes down to that. Time to put up or shut up. 

Versus Jax too.

Week 5 game would have been a blowout by the 2nd quarter had the refs not intervened. Result will be the same if the refs stay out of this one. With the amount of coin the league has invested in Mahomes and Rogers I don't trust that being the case even a little bit though. There will be phantom holding calls and phantom interference calls going against Buffalo from the get go while the KC CB's will be riding piggy back down the field on the Bills recievers. They are going to have to play a near perfect game to overcome it. 

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I also agree with @FilthyBeast (I am going to go take a shower after finishing typing this) that if you strapped all the GMs up to lie detectors and said pick 1 and only 1 QB for the next 10 years most would pick Mahomes, with some electing for Josh, Burrow, and Herbert. That is likely the end of the list at least at present. Great company to be in.  Unfortunately they all reside in the AFC.

Actually they did something like this after last season and the surprising outcome was that a majority of the GMs they talked to would take Allen.  They saw the two QB' as being very close skill wise and felt that Allen's bigger size and having already navigated playing through hard ties (2018) indicated that he had the better long term potential.

Wow, I'm unbelievably excited for this game. Reid and Bienemy vs McDermott and Frazier. Daboll vs Spagnuolo. Allen vs Mahomes (yes I''m aware they don't actually play each other). And a lot of other exciting matchups. This game should be unreal!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Pretty much and this is where I still have doubts and wish Allen and the offense would have save some of what they unloaded against the Pats for next week because history has shown Allen rarely puts together back to back elite performances where it's been the norm for Mahomes.

You need to get a new history book.  Last season Allen put multiple elite performances back to back.  Remember, in 2018 Allen started on a team that was undergoing a complete offensive overhaul as a rookie.  That rebuilding process wasn't complete until the 2020 season with the arrival of an elite WR in Diggs.

51 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Bengals and Titans are both excellent teams. Any of the four teams would represent the AFC well. Hoping for a Bills (obviously and Bengals win so the AFCCG is in OP.

in terms of Star Power

Allen vs Mahomes is the ultimate match up

no disrespect to A A Ron or Grampa Brady 

17 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

This is the AFC Championship game. Whoever wins this is going to the superbowl.

that’s pretty much what I thought 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I love what this team showed last night against the Pats and the statement that Allen and McDermott made vanquishing a past demon. They have proven me wrong and I actually am happy about that. BUT....KC is a different animal especially on their home field and this is a team that finished the season winning 10 of 11 including tonight with the only loss coming in the final minutes against another hot team on the road.

I still hate the fact that this team did what they needed to earlier in the season and won in KC when they were in early season figure it out mode which should have secured the home field advantage over them in such a high stakes game next week, but now they have to go do it again in much different circumstances and with Chris Jones back in the lineup and he was the single reason the Bills offense was destroyed last year.

Bottom line is Mahomes is truly showing he very well might be the next transcendent player in this league and I hate the idea of watching the Chiefs be in the SB almost every year like the Brady Pats and feeding the national media hype machine. And speaking of Brady that's the only QB to ever beat Mahomes in the postseason.

It's all there for the Bills next week as they face a true defining moment in their franchise history and if they can't beat the Chiefs when it actually matters in a postseason game (regardless of venue) they likely never will.

I disagree with all of this:

*  You don't love that the Bills played great on Saturday night.  Just be honest with us that Allen and the Bills almost perfect performance against NE just makes your trolling harder.

*  Mahomes already is a transcendent player.  He doesn't need to show anything.  He's a handful.

*  You don't hate the idea that the Chiefs will be in the SB every year - you're actively rooting for it especially if they beat Buffalo in the playoffs to get there.

*  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Chiefs beat the Bills this week and Mahomes outplays Allen.  Of course it wouldn't surprise me if it goes the other way to. These are the two best teams in the AFC and they'll be fighting it our for years.

*  I believe that the Bills are on the cusp of a series of Super Bowl runs like back in the early 1990's.  And IMO this season is the 1989 season minus the bickering part but with all the inconsistency as the team learned to play week in and week out at an elite level.  On an encouraging note going forward this current Bills team has had a better season then the 89 Bills did which bodes well for the future.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The highlights from our earlier win against the Chiefs are worth a watch...my key takeaways:

1) I had forgotten that we didn't have Matt Milano for this game. AJ Klein played reasonably well in his place, but that makes the defensive performance even more impressive.

2) We wasted the early forced fumble on the kickoff return by Siran Neal which set us up in field goal range. Moss had a 20+ yard run down inside the ten yard line called back by a Dawkins holding penalty. Then Allen took an intentional grounding penalty on third down, forcing us to punt. 

3) Also forgot that this was Josh Gordon's first game with the Chiefs and there were rumors all week about him being a huge X factor. Had one great leaping grab early on to bail out Mahomes on a broken play, but otherwise we did a good job on him. 

4) We saw the potential of Zach Moss in this game, so instrumental in grinding out the clock in the fourth quarter. Ran hard, blocked well, and was an effective outlet in the passing game. It's too bad he's been so inconsistent especially with his vision, doubt he gets many snaps on Sunday. 

5) Allen's two TD throws to Sanders were equally beautiful...put the perfect velocity and arc on the first one and Allen did an outstanding job of manipulating the safeties with his eyes as well. The second one was a laser in between two defenders while rolling out to his left...might only be two other QBs in the league who can make that throw. 

6) This was Greg Rousseau's breakout game and the best of his rookie year. Had a big run stop/TFL on a 3rd and 2 to force a punt and then had the tipped ball turned INT later on. Consistently held the edge and helped to collapse the pocket. 

7) Spencer Brown really held his own against Frank Clark...obviously everyone's focus will be on limiting Chris Jones on the interior, but Dawkins and Brown vs Clark and Melvin Ingram will be important 1-on-1 battles on Sunday. 

8) Daniel Sorensen was beaten like a drum in this game...wonder how KC will adjust. I believe Juan Thornhill is getting more snaps these days in his place. 

9) Both QBs had a lot of room to scramble and picked up several key first downs this way. 

10) Micah Hyde had the play of the game with that pick-six. Felt like that's when you knew for sure the Bills were going to win. What a player. 

https://youtu.be/yxiOnaTUows

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Not sure this is right thread but any idea on where one should stay in KC?  Is rental car needed?  Looks like stadium a good ways from airport and not in downtown. There less than 48 hours but would like to grab some bbq or hit any major site.  Is there a Bills backer club or place to go Sat night.  This will be a heavy weight fight.  Go Bills. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.