Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

The X-factors are still out there.  Aside from Addison, I don't know about any Bills injuries from the Pats game, and for all I know Addison will be OK too.

But, covid is still lurking.  The refs have to figure out if they're going to call DPI and holding against the Chiefs defenders.  Daboll and/or Frazier could be distracted by the job opportunities out there.  Someone could get hurt during practice this week.  

The Chiefs have most of the same X-factors to lose sleep over.  There's no telling exactly who'll show up on the field next Sunday.

Have to say I was less than thrilled to see Diggs hanging out in a packed suite at the Cowboys game with about what looked like 50 other people there with no masks.

Seems like a great way to get COVID

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

My Monday 10 thoughts:

1. KC put on a display last night.  They showed Buffalo that they have an endless bag of trick plays they can call.

2. Weather forecast looks perfect.

3. Personally hate the 6:30 Sunday time slot, but a blind man could see it coming with the late KC game and magnitude of the game this weekend coming.

4. Dallas had one of the most head scratching plays I have ever witnessed.  McCarthy deserves to be fired after that.

5. Titans-Bengals looks like a very interesting matchup as well.  Burrows played a great game for a first time play off appearance

6. If Pittsburgh had anything, IF BEN HAD ANYTHING, KC would not have played the way they did.  That was embarrassing for Ben to go out that way.  He looked like an empty husk of a Hall of Fame player.

7. Here is where we find out just what kind of player Dane Jackson is.

8. I can hear the narrative all week.  Josh had the game of his career.  He isn't likely to repeat it.  Patty had his usual.  Nothing out of his norm there.  Cue Nicky Wright and Kevin Wildes.

9. Great FMIA read this week on Buffalo.  Loved Jordan Palmer's tweet to Josh before he played the game against NE.  "So proud to know that you’ve risen to the level of being a Pro Bowl alternate!"

10. Glad the nor'easter missed the game by one day!!!  Happy shovel out day Buffalo..

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Is romo all that better?

Romo is 100x better! He actually has enthusiasm for both teams, actually diagnoses plays (and not just to prop up his own company like Collinsworth) and doesn’t show as much obvious favoritism 

Romo seems to have reached the point where he’s so good at his job that people actually hate him for it 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is that effing Johnny Depp playing backup? Wtf? I enjoy this album (Jim James is a beast), but had no idea about that odd little cameo.

Never thought I would find some Jim James love when I clicked on this thread, but yeah!  Great video, great collection of artists.  Go Bills!

There was a playbook already set against the chiefs in the first half of the season and that was to play two deep high safety play and to take away their chunk yardage play.

The Steelers kept getting beat over and over with deeper chunk yardage plays.   Buffalo led the league in not giving up those sort of plays and I fully expect that they will make KC earn it all the way down the field and to follow that same playbook with additional wrinkles to counter what they anticipate the Chiefs to counter against that playbook.

With that said, if the Bills win I do think they will need to put up at least 30.  The Chiefs I would to blitz a good bit and hopefully Dabol and Josh are ready to get the ball out quickly and do lots of 4-7 yard passes and check downs.  I also think that Josh will need to run it 10-12 this game, his legs and mobility is the equalizer and key to the offense to break their defense down.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, wjag said:

My Monday 10 thoughts:

1. KC put on a display last night.  They showed Buffalo that they have an endless bag of trick plays they can call.

2. Weather forecast looks perfect.

3. Personally hate the 6:30 Sunday time slot, but a blind man could see it coming with the late KC game and magnitude of the game this weekend coming.

4. Dallas had one of the most head scratching plays I have ever witnessed.  McCarthy deserves to be fired after that.

5. Titans-Bengals looks like a very interesting matchup as well.  Burrows played a great game for a first time play off appearance

6. If Pittsburgh had anything, IF BEN HAD ANYTHING, KC would not have played the way they did.  That was embarrassing for Ben to go out that way.  He looked like an empty husk of a Hall of Fame player.

7. Here is where we find out just what kind of player Dane Jackson is.

8. I can hear the narrative all week.  Josh had the game of his career.  He isn't likely to repeat it.  Patty had his usual.  Nothing out of his norm there.  Cue Nicky Wright and Kevin Wildes.

9. Great FMIA read this week on Buffalo.  Loved Jordan Palmer's tweet to Josh before he played the game against NE.  "So proud to know that you’ve risen to the level of being a Pro Bowl alternate!"

10. Glad the nor'easter missed the game by one day!!!  Happy shovel out day Buffalo..

Watching Ben reminded me a lot of watching Manning in his last year. His arm was just gone. He was straining to throw the ball 10 yards, anything more and it was a duck.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Everytime Kelce touched the ball it was a 21 yard play.  Focus on taking Kelce out of the game and dont allow the running backs to squirt into the flat for check downs.  Mckinnon and Kelce killed the Steelers.

McKinnon could be a real problem if he plays like that again. i think he is much better than CEH in that offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Eff the Patriots. I'm happy we demolished them in a historic game for the statistical jack offs.

Now, we get the Chiefs. We were gonna meet the Chiefs again since last season's AFC title game. It's fate. We're a different team today. A much more experienced team. A playoff savvy team. Josh Allen is obviously playing pissed because of the Pro Bowl snub. It's a beautiful sight to behold. Also, Sugar High Josh is no longer there.

Look at how we performed against the Colts in last year's playoff game. Now look at how we performed last Saturday against the Patriots. That's a massive difference.

Let's go get it. We're absolutely ready. The venue doesn't matter. We could be playing in Siberia, Timbuktu, or Belize. There will be no blow out like last season. It's going to be a damn close game.

Last year, the Chiefs had advantages all over the place. This year? Not many.

1) Experience = Kansas City Chiefs. (But we gained a lot of experience, too)

2) Defense = Buffalo Bills.

3) QB = Buffalo. Josh Allen. I can't believe I'm saying that. But I am. Josh Allen proved, once and for all, that he's a powerful elite runner. That's something that Patrick Mahomes can never do. Patrick Mahomes can extend plays, but so can Josh Allen. Allen is also the number one fantasy player. Mahomes was nowhere that this season.

4) Venue = Kansas City. Duh. Obviously, no brainer. They got the home field.

5) Weather = Buffalo. Bills play well in ice cold temperatures. Kansas City gets cold, too. In this match up however, the advantage still goes to Buffalo. We play in frozen tundra conditions.

6) Offense = Tie. Both teams can air it out and score in bunches.

7) Buffalo wings = Buffalo.

8th) Receiver corps = Kansas City just because they have Travis Kelce. We have Knox who emerged this season. That's great, but Kelce is still the best TE in the game and they have one of the best receivers, Tyreek Hill. Stefon Diggs neutralize Tyreek Hill though.

9) Running backs = Buffalo. (Yes, that's shocking to believe)

Kansas City's Clyde Helaire is suffering through injury while having an abysmal season. He is nowhere near 40%. Helaire was out against Pittsburgh Steelers. Our previous game against the Patriots showed that, if we get good games from our RBs, we're unstoppable. The other RB for Kansas City, Jerick McKinnon, is mehhh. I'm not dismissing McKinnon, but he's not a threat.

Josh Allen got 763 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns this year. Helaire got 517 yards and 4 touchdowns. Take that for data.

10) Special teams = Chiefs

11) Fans = Buffalo. Bills Mafia nuthin' to EFF with.

Source: My butt

Prediction: I don't want to jinx us. My leg went numb while typing this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 pages in and you bitchasses are still talking about the announcers.  

THE ANNOUNCERS.

Sack up people!  Who the hell cares who’s talking during the game.  Do we need another 9 pages on which uniforms they’ll be wearing?  Shall I brew some tea for everyone?  Decaf I assume?

Jeebus. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Eff the Patriots. I'm happy we demolished them in a historic game for the statistical jack offs.

Now, we get the Chiefs. We were gonna meet the Chiefs again since last season's AFC title game. It's fate. We're a different team today. A much more experienced team. A playoff savvy team. Josh Allen is obviously playing pissed because of the Pro Bowl snub. It's a beautiful sight to behold. Also, Sugar High Josh is no longer there.

Look at how we performed against the Colts in last year's playoff game. Now look at how we performed last Saturday against the Patriots. That's a massive difference.

Let's go get it. We're absolutely ready. The venue doesn't matter. We could be playing in Siberia, Timbuktu, or Belize. There will be no blow out like last season. It's going to be a damn close game.

Last year, the Chiefs had advantages all over the place. This year? Not many.

1) Experience = Kansas City Chiefs. (But we gained a lot of experience, too)

2) Defense = Buffalo Bills.

3) QB = Buffalo. Josh Allen. I can't believe I'm saying that. But I am. Josh Allen proved, once and for all, that he's a powerful elite runner. That's something that Patrick Mahomes can never do. Patrick Mahomes can extend plays, but so can Josh Allen. Allen is also the number one fantasy player. Mahomes was nowhere that this season.

4) Venue = Kansas City. Duh. Obviously, no brainer. They got the home field.

5) Weather = Buffalo. Bills play well in ice cold temperatures. Kansas City gets cold, too. In this match up however, the advantage still goes to Buffalo. We play in frozen tundra conditions.

6) Offense = Tie. Both teams can air it out and score in bunches.

7) Buffalo wings = Buffalo.

8th) Receiver corps = Kansas City just because they have Travis Kelce. We have Knox who emerged this season. That's great, but Kelce is still the best TE in the game and they have one of the best receivers, Tyreek Hill. Stefon Diggs neutralize Tyreek Hill though.

9) Running backs = Buffalo. (Yes, that's shocking to believe)

Kansas City's Clyde Helaire is suffering through injury while having an abysmal season. He is nowhere near 40%. Helaire was out against Pittsburgh Steelers. Our previous game against the Patriots showed that, if we get good games from our RBs, we're unstoppable. The other RB for Kansas City, Jerick McKinnon, is mehhh. I'm not dismissing McKinnon, but he's not a threat.

Josh Allen got 763 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns this year. Helaire got 517 yards and 4 touchdowns. Take that for data.

10) Special teams = Chiefs

11) Fans = Buffalo. Bills Mafia nuthin' to EFF with.

Source: My butt

Prediction: I don't want to jinx us. My leg went numb while typing this.

12)  BBQ = Kansas City.  :D

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Magox said:

There was a playbook already set against the chiefs in the first half of the season and that was to play two deep high safety play and to take away their chunk yardage play.

The Steelers kept getting beat over and over with deeper chunk yardage plays.   Buffalo led the league in not giving up those sort of plays and I fully expect that they will make KC earn it all the way down the field and to follow that same playbook with additional wrinkles to counter what they anticipate the Chiefs to counter against that playbook.

With that said, if the Bills win I do think they will need to put up at least 30.  The Chiefs I would to blitz a good bit and hopefully Dabol and Josh are ready to get the ball out quickly and do lots of 4-7 yard passes and check downs.  I also think that Josh will need to run it 10-12 this game, his legs and mobility is the equalizer and key to the offense to break their defense down.

They got real good at dink and dunk offense in the middle to end of the season.

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

...Boris?

Haha, no. He is isolation after a member of his family caught a new strain of covid called "convenient covid". 

It is almost as though the UK Parliament and the NFL do not coordinate diaries, which is most fudging inconvenient! 

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.