Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

50 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I think this game is going to come down to the o line again. Whichever team can protect the quarterback the best will probably win. Not factoring in turn overs

The X-factors are still out there.  Aside from Addison, I don't know about any Bills injuries from the Pats game, and for all I know Addison will be OK too.

But, covid is still lurking.  The refs have to figure out if they're going to call DPI and holding against the Chiefs defenders.  Daboll and/or Frazier could be distracted by the job opportunities out there.  Someone could get hurt during practice this week.  

The Chiefs have most of the same X-factors to lose sleep over.  There's no telling exactly who'll show up on the field next Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Not really.  Don’t underestutne Titans at home.  ESP with rest, Brown who has worked us the last two meetings and we don’t have tre or a good match up cover for him. Plus Henry will be back and if he survives cincy ok , he will know what his is capable of and won’t be thinking about his foot ( which will be strong with a bone callous around a screw and or plate )   If they beat cincy they will be confident as hell and we have seen the music city miracle there, really got blown out the prior year with COVID changes , and we had Josh slip there when that almost never happens.  Lots of bad karma in that place!  I’m more concerned about brown as we have played the run better , but did you see at least three or 4 blown coverages vs the pats and luckily most of the passes were dropped!  Jackson looked ok but on some plays he wasn’t fully set and who knows whose responsibility those wide open guys were!?  

If we get past Kc ( whose offense and d are notably better than when we last played , but that goes for us as well), I would rather face a rookie qb at home in Buffalo than a team with post season success at their home !  Maybe the bengals catch them a little rusty after the Titans were off a week and it’s Henry’s first game back , so they do have a shot at beating them. When either KC or we roll in there , the rust will be gone and  they will be playing with confidence ( against us) knowing they beat us the past two games there.  So the Bills still have a tough road.

We will be more to handle than the Steelers who had zero offense but KC  put up similar points and even had similar gadget plays with the pass to the o lineman and that shovel pass they used to score against us before , and now kelce threw a td pass from the 5 or so.  That red zone o will present problems !   Need to run like we did to keep kc off the field and limit their possessions.  Going in As an underdog after a near perfect game should be a warning this is a game that won’t be safe until it’s over!    

The best scenario after KC is playing at home against a qb who has never played in that stadium and would give us a nice advantage !  I think the Titans can lose because we have seen a week off sometimes causes a slow start and the bengals are hot now! Home field advantage will be at stake for the championship game if the bengals win.   But just beating KC still leaves us possibly having to win in the music city and that game will be competitive, so the winner of Bills / kc is not a sure SB participant.  No way to just say it’s the real afc championship as you can’t ignore our history in that Nashville stadium!   I hope we beat KC , and never have to go to Nashville again this year!   Pats and Steelers were both weak offensively , but none of the other remaining three teams we will or might  face are incapable of playing in a shootout and scoring just like the Bills, so don’t count your chickens ahead of time if we win in KC! We would prob go to Nashville as an underdog because if playing an almost perfect game against the pats has us going in to kc +3 , I would think going to Nashville would have us seen in the same light just based on history there!  

Titans are trash.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

The X-factors are still out there.  Aside from Addison, I don't know about any Bills injuries from the Pats game, and for all I know Addison will be OK too.

But, covid is still lurking.  The refs have to figure out if they're going to call DPI and holding against the Chiefs defenders.  Daboll and/or Frazier could be distracted by the job opportunities out there.  Someone could get hurt during practice this week.  

The Chiefs have most of the same X-factors to lose sleep over.  There's no telling exactly who'll show up on the field next Sunday.

Chiefs offense got away with murder tonight too not that it really mattered 😂 tons of illegal downfield blockers on all the screen passes 

Not going to be easy but this year is different then last year. Can’t be just happy to be here. Its time to finish this thing. Have to keep playing excellent defense and get 26 going early. Protect the ball. Win the line of scrimmage. It’s a tough place to play and the chiefs are the second best team in the league probably. Unfortunately for KC, they are playing against the best team in the league. No excuses this time. Find a way to get this thing done.

• Like (+1) 4

We can lose this game...just as any game can be lost, but I feel this thread is sadly showing the trauma that has been inflicted on many Bills fans over the last couple of decades.

We have the #1 D in the LEAGUE and are coming off the NFLs first ever perfect offensive game....against a *Legendary* defensive minded HC with a top 5 D.

.....and we are up against a bottom 10 D in the Chiefs.

We may lose, but until we do I am considering our team THE team to beat....and by a wide margin.

We are going to steamroller through the rest of the post-season in a manner never before seen....crushing all contenders as if they were mere pretenders!

Go Bills! 🏆

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This may have been said already but the good thing about playing the chiefs and them looking so dominant last night is that the hype on the bills won’t be as insane this week as it would have been with another opponent. The bills played a better offensive game against a better defense but I think that will be balanced  out by how good the chiefs looked. Don’t want the team to be overconfident. Should be a great game. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Dibs said:

We can lose this game...just as any game can be lost, but I feel this thread is sadly showing the trauma that has been inflicted on many Bills fans over the last couple of decades.

We have the #1 D in the LEAGUE and are coming off the NFLs first ever perfect offensive game....against a *Legendary* defensive minded HC with a top 5 D.

.....and we are up against a bottom 10 D in the Chiefs.

We may lose, but until we do I am considering our team THE team to beat....and by a wide margin.

We are going to steamroller through the rest of the post-season in a manner never before seen....crushing all contenders as if they were mere pretenders!

Go Bills! 🏆

The Chiefs have led the league in points allowed defensively over the last half of the season. Overall rankings mean squat. Their defense is good right now.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Chiefs have led the league in points allowed defensively over the last half of the season. Overall rankings mean squat. Their defense is good right now.

We may lose, but until we do I am considering our team THE team to beat....and by a wide margin. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.