Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This Sunday will be their 4th game there in 2 seasons. Other than game planning McKinnon, there will be no surprises and decent weather.  They'll be focused and motivated by last season's AFCC game.

Do you know what they’ll really be motivated by? They’ll really be motivated by the fact that they have a goal to win the Super Bowl and this team is a speed bump on their way to it. 
all of the history between the two teams and what happened last year will feel good after the game is done. But going into this game, I have faith that this team will be so focussed on putting together the best week of practice and the best game plan to roll over the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

[url=https://ibb.co/5GZYt8d][img]https://i.ibb.co/wBtJ3WT/683-FE540-7-D3-A-45-C5-ABA0-A6-E2-EFC845-D7.jpg[/img][/url]

I don’t speak robot, but I’m sure that’s a great post.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This Sunday will be their 4th game there in 2 seasons. Other than game planning McKinnon, there will be no surprises and decent weather.  They'll be focused and motivated by last season's AFCC game.

3rd game though, right? We were home in the 1st matchup last season I think.

This is what the Bills have been waiting for ever since they lost to the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.

McDermott promised Diggs that they would be back and they are. Every change in the off-season had this matchup in mind.

I know that every single player in a Bills uniform will be laser focused and ready to give it their all to advance past the Chiefs. This is what they have been waiting for. They get another chance at beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. And I think they are ready.

This version of the Bills are more battle tested, more experienced, more resolute, and more aggressive. And they have been playing angry, physical football since the 2nd half of the Tampa Bay game.

Go kill the Chiefs!

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

This is what the Bills have been waiting for ever since they lost to the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.

McDermott promised Diggs that they would be back and they are. Every change in the off-season had this matchup in mind.

I know that every single player in a Bills uniform will be laser focused and ready to give it their all to advance past the Chiefs. This is what they have been waiting for. They get another chance at beating the Chiefs in the playoffs. And I think they are ready.

This version of the Bills are more battle tested, more experienced, more resolute, and more aggressive. And they have been playing angry, physical football since the 2nd half of the Tampa Bay game.

Go kill the Chiefs!

Yep, we might have won the regular season matchup but we're still out for revenge.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Gotta keep Mahomes from rolling to his right and a lot of that falls on the rookie Rousseau.

It’s one of the reasons I wanted us to draft him. He plays the mobile QB’s well. Holds the point and gets off the block when they try to escape. Contain rush is how we are going to beat Mahomes. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Gotta keep Mahomes from rolling to his right and a lot of that falls on the rookie Rousseau.

Rousseau has the length to possibly obstruct some of those outlet throws. Mahomes doesn’t have a very high release point at 6’3” and a 3/4 arm angle.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have a drought of their own when it comes to the playoffs.

The Bills haven't won a playoff road game since the sweetest win in franchise history, which was the 1992 AFC Championship game in Miami.

The Bills haven't won a road playoff game since. 

It's about time to break that embarrassing drought now.

The losses in the playoffs on the road since the Miami win:

1995 at Pittsburgh

1998 at Miami

1999 at Tennessee

2017 at Jacksonville

2019 at Houston

2020 at Kansas City

And most of these losses have been in the most excruciating ways.

Win in KC and get this monkey off your back.

• Like (+1) 5

Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram weren’t there when we beat them earlier in the season, so you add in Frank Clark and Spag’s aggressive blitzes and I hope Daboll is coming up with a plan that relies on screens, slants, and other quit hitters. They’re not going to give Josh time to throw. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram weren’t there when we beat them earlier in the season, so you add in Frank Clark and Spag’s aggressive blitzes and I hope Daboll is coming up with a plan that relies on screens, slants, and other quit hitters. They’re not going to give Josh time to throw. 

We literally didn’t have a healthy wide receiver whenever they beat us last year in the AFC championship

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I knew we’d get the prime slot. It’s the most exciting match up

and in reality it is the real AFC Championship

Not really.  Don’t underestutne Titans at home.  ESP with rest, Brown who has worked us the last two meetings and we don’t have tre or a good match up cover for him. Plus Henry will be back and if he survives cincy ok , he will know what his is capable of and won’t be thinking about his foot ( which will be strong with a bone callous around a screw and or plate )   If they beat cincy they will be confident as hell and we have seen the music city miracle there, really got blown out the prior year with COVID changes , and we had Josh slip there when that almost never happens.  Lots of bad karma in that place!  I’m more concerned about brown as we have played the run better , but did you see at least three or 4 blown coverages vs the pats and luckily most of the passes were dropped!  Jackson looked ok but on some plays he wasn’t fully set and who knows whose responsibility those wide open guys were!?  

If we get past Kc ( whose offense and d are notably better than when we last played , but that goes for us as well), I would rather face a rookie qb at home in Buffalo than a team with post season success at their home !  Maybe the bengals catch them a little rusty after the Titans were off a week and it’s Henry’s first game back , so they do have a shot at beating them. When either KC or we roll in there , the rust will be gone and  they will be playing with confidence ( against us) knowing they beat us the past two games there.  So the Bills still have a tough road.

We will be more to handle than the Steelers who had zero offense but KC  put up similar points and even had similar gadget plays with the pass to the o lineman and that shovel pass they used to score against us before , and now kelce threw a td pass from the 5 or so.  That red zone o will present problems !   Need to run like we did to keep kc off the field and limit their possessions.  Going in As an underdog after a near perfect game should be a warning this is a game that won’t be safe until it’s over!    

The best scenario after KC is playing at home against a qb who has never played in that stadium and would give us a nice advantage !  I think the Titans can lose because we have seen a week off sometimes causes a slow start and the bengals are hot now! Home field advantage will be at stake for the championship game if the bengals win.   But just beating KC still leaves us possibly having to win in the music city and that game will be competitive, so the winner of Bills / kc is not a sure SB participant.  No way to just say it’s the real afc championship as you can’t ignore our history in that Nashville stadium!   I hope we beat KC , and never have to go to Nashville again this year!   Pats and Steelers were both weak offensively , but none of the other remaining three teams we will or might  face are incapable of playing in a shootout and scoring just like the Bills, so don’t count your chickens ahead of time if we win in KC! We would prob go to Nashville as an underdog because if playing an almost perfect game against the pats has us going in to kc +3 , I would think going to Nashville would have us seen in the same light just based on history there!  

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills fans had to feel like the Patriots dragon was slain, and it was.

McDermott has his own personal dragon to slay, and it's his mentor and former boss, Andy Reid.  Sure, the Bills beat the Chiefs earlier this year, but that was just one game out of a long season for the Chiefs.  The Bills had turned that game into their personal Super Bowl, but the Chiefs didn't.  My point is that Reid,

Bienemy, and Mahomes are going to bring more to the field next week than they did before.  The Bills are on a high now, well-deserved, but I think they're going to face a much more determined team than the Pats.  The Chiefs aren't going to roll over and look for a blanket to get warm under. 

Next week might be the first close game the Bills win all year.  If it's close near the end, I hope they don't start looking over their shoulder wondering what's going to go wrong THIS time.  I hope they're just going to execute and prevail.

• Like (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Not really.  Don’t underestutne Titans at home.  ESP with rest, Brown who has worked us the last two meetings and we don’t have tre or a good match up cover for him. Plus Henry will be back and if he survives cincy ok , he will know what his is capable of and won’t be thinking about his foot ( which will be strong with a bone callous around a screw and or plate )   If they beat cincy they will be confident as hell and we have seen the music city miracle there, really got blown out the prior year with COVID changes , and we had Josh slip there when that almost never happens.  Lots of bad karma in that place!  I’m more concerned about brown as we have played the run better , but did you see at least three or 4 blown coverages vs the pats and luckily most of the passes were dropped!  Jackson looked ok but on some plays he wasn’t fully set and who knows whose responsibility those wide open guys were!?  

If we get past Kc ( whose offense and d are notably better than when we last played , but that goes for us as well), I would rather face a rookie qb at home in Buffalo than a team with post season success at their home !  Maybe the bengals catch them a little rusty after the Titans were off a week and it’s Henry’s first game back , so they do have a shot at beating them. When either KC or we roll in there , the rust will be gone and  they will be playing with confidence ( against us) knowing they beat us the past two games there.  So the Bills still have a tough road.

We will be more to handle than the Steelers who had zero offense but KC  put up similar points and even had similar gadget plays with the pass to the o lineman and that shovel pass they used to score against us before , and now kelce threw a td pass from the 5 or so.  That red zone o will present problems !   Need to run like we did to keep kc off the field and limit their possessions.  Going in As an underdog after a near perfect game should be a warning this is a game that won’t be safe until it’s over!    

The best scenario after KC is playing at home against a qb who has never played in that stadium and would give us a nice advantage !  I think the Titans can lose because we have seen a week off sometimes causes a slow start and the bengals are hot now! Home field advantage will be at stake for the championship game if the bengals win.   But just beating KC still leaves us possibly having to win in the music city and that game will be competitive, so the winner of Bills / kc is not a sure SB participant.  No way to just say it’s the real afc championship as you can’t ignore our history in that Nashville stadium!   I hope we beat KC , and never have to go to Nashville again this year!   Pats and Steelers were both weak offensively , but none of the other remaining three teams we will or might  face are incapable of playing in a shootout and scoring just like the Bills, so don’t count your chickens ahead of time if we win in KC! We would prob go to Nashville as an underdog because if playing an almost perfect game against the pats has us going in to kc +3 , I would think going to Nashville would have us seen in the same light just based on history there!  

The Steelers are nowhere near the team that the bills are right now and the Chiefs are not going to be able to do to us what they did to them I’m not saying they can’t lose but they’re not gonna be able to punt punt punt and then all of a sudden turned it on to blow the game out against the bills if they do that against us we will be up on them early

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.