Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

Just now, HappyDays said:

We're going to really miss Tre White in this one. The offense needs to pick up where they left off last night and be ready to win a shootout. I can't handle losing to KC in the playoffs twice in a row. I'm incredibly nervous.

It would really suck, though this last game would soften the blow.

Isn’t it a bit inequitable to give the bengals/Titans winner 26 hours more rest for the championship game.

especially if it’s the Titans. They’re at home and if they win and Buffalo wins, Buffalo has to fly home from KC and probably get home around 1am Monday and have to fly to Tennessee.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Was this the cassette tape of song parodies about the Bills?  I think they sold these at Dunn Tire?

Yes they did it for several years.  Was looking yesterday and whoever I grabbed that link from has them all available via YouTube.  

Edited by goober

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

How do you feel about this matchup?  It’s not the same KC team we beat earlier in the season.  But when you go back and watch Week 18 in Denver, they certainly look a lot more beatable than they did tonight 

It's going to be one for the books.  No one will reliably know what will happen.  Both teams can win it going away or it could go down

to the last snap.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Bills need to play that KC celebration from last season on a Loop this week.  The one where Diggs is watching all the confetti.  

This is going to be a really hard game. KC seems more locked in than last seasons end.  They’ve won 11 of 12.  So may weapons.  I feel like the Bills will need 38+ to win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

How do you feel about this matchup?  It’s not the same KC team we beat earlier in the season.  But when you go back and watch Week 18 in Denver, they certainly look a lot more beatable than they did tonight 

Despite tonight's game this is NOT the KC offense that was scoring at will from 2018 to 2020. But they are better now than they were when we played them earlier this year, and we're now missing our best defensive player. And they'll have their best defensive player (Chris Jones) this time around. I'm still not really worried about their defense though, if our offense plays anywhere close to the level we saw last night we can put up 30+ points on anybody. The worst case scenario is something like our loss against the Titans where we move the ball but fail to convert TDs and KC eventually just outscores us. Mahomes didn't play very well in our first match. I'm not expecting that advantage again.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Despite tonight's game this is NOT the KC offense that was scoring at will from 2018 to 2020. But they are better now than they were when we played them earlier this year, and we're now missing our best defensive player. And they'll have their best defensive player (Chris Jones) this time around. I'm still not really worried about their defense though, if our offense plays anywhere close to the level we saw last night we can put up 30+ points on anybody. The worst case scenario is something like our loss against the Titans where we move the ball but fail to convert TDs and KC eventually just outscores us. Mahomes didn't play very well in our first match. I'm not expecting that advantage again.

So it goes.

Both teams are equally matched up against each other.

It would suck to lose to this team again, but we just have to take whatever comes at us.

The Bills can beat any team out there. Last night they made a statement, and McDermott will continue to have them focused.

• Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.