It’s only weird if it doesn’t work - Playoff Rituals

TheyCallMeAndy

14 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Alright friends, let’s hear all your weird, superstitious ritualistic actions/activities you are doing in order to keep this playoff streak alive.

No shaving?

Lucky Bills flag flying?

Eating Josh Jaqs every Sunday morning?

Same pair of Bills underwear every day?

Lets hear it!

For me, I rock a different Bills shirt every single day. 😎

How do you prove a ritual works?

I don't Billieve in this crap. But just in case, during the regular season, on game day, I have breakfast at the local diner around 10:00ish - making sure to drink my coffee left-handed and with only one refill. Then I go shopping at TOPS to stock up on whatever my game day crock pot dish will be. Then, before going from TOPS to Family Dollar, I drive around the block - even though the two stores are right next to each other. When the Bills lose I change directions the next week.

I keep up the above tradition through the playoffs. Also, in the Fall of 1990 I said I wasn't going to shave my beard until the Bills win the Super Bowl. Outside of two fund raisers, I have stuck to that promise. Yes I do trim it, so no I don't look like Rip Van Winkle.

But like I said, I don't really Billieve in this stuff. :)

Hang my Bills flag on the porch early in the morning before the first weekend game and it flies until all the games are over for the week.  Win or lose.

Wife and I take tequila shots for every Bills TD.  This has become quite the task over the past couple years, so we only take like 1/4 of a shot now.  Still works.

We’ve all been wearing the same jerseys all season.  I sport the Josh Allen Brown Wyoming, my wife a Jim Kelly throwback, my son a blue Josh Allen, and my daughter a blue Fred Jackson.

Our game day food/drink regiment varies a little depending on game time.   For early games, we have a big breakfast (always including homemade biscuits w sausage gravy), and either mimosas or bloodys.  Afternoon/night games we get pizza and wings.  Wife drinks vodka/soda and then switches to beer.  I drink vodka/grapefruit and then switch to beer.  Kids drink soda (they usually aren’t allowed to have soda).

I’m not sure if this stuff works, but it certainly keeps me occupied until game time!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.