It’s only weird if it doesn’t work - Playoff Rituals

TheyCallMeAndy

Alright friends, let’s hear all your weird, superstitious ritualistic actions/activities you are doing in order to keep this playoff streak alive.

No shaving?

Lucky Bills flag flying?

Eating Josh Jaqs every Sunday morning?

Same pair of Bills underwear every day?

Lets hear it!

For me, I rock a different Bills shirt every single day. 😎

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Alright friends, let’s hear all your weird, superstitious ritualistic actions/activities you are doing in order to keep this playoff streak alive.

No shaving?

Lucky Bills flag flying?

Eating Josh Jaqs every Sunday morning?

Same pair of Bills underwear every day?

Lets hear it!

For me, I rock a different Bills shirt every single day. 😎

I shave about 364 days a year. The people who bought our house a month ago four doors up the road agreed to come over on a rare snowy day in Atlanta. I made chili, because it felt like that kind of day. 

My ritual of shaving only happened because we had people over. I may go 365 days this year. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Ive been wearing the same clothes on gameday since the colts(?) game and they havent lost since

and yes I wash them you animals

Ive been doing the same since the Panthers. But not washing them. You can wash out the luck, don’t you know that? 

I stopped getting QB jerseys last year. They’ve been unlucky forever. So I’ve been rolling with Tre. Finally for the Pats 2.0 game I threw on a JA17 jersey and been rolling ever since.

You’re all welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t have a ritual all year, but yesterday I wore a Bills Mafia hoodie that my mother had gotten me for Christmas for the first time while my Allen Jersey sat on the couch. I just never got around to putting the jersey on. So that hoodie is now my new playoff attire.  That is now the “all TD” hoodie! 

Usually don't wear any Bills item, until yesterday that i bought a Bills cap and wore it all day long.  But that was because i was totally confident that the  Bills is a much better team, and there's no doubt about the victory

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Sound bar set to volume 17. 

Text with my uncle to circle the wagons. 

Kiss my wife before kickoff. 

I do this as well (the volume part by the way ... I don't text your uncle, nor have I ever met your wife!! - honest) 😀

I also sit on seat number 88 when watching my son's swimming lessons.

On Saturday night i watched the game with my neighbor who is starting to get interested in the NFL ... mainly due to me talking about little else all the time.  So, given that performance on Saturday night, I've told him that he's watching every remaining game of this season with me, whether he wants to or not!

• Haha (+1) 3

Been wearing this long sleeved Bills shirt that's super cool made out of jersey type material but insulated that my girls got me for Xmas...Allen jersey on top of it, Bills hat, Bills slippers...

Undefeated since I have started wearing this combo!

9 hours ago, Mango said:

Ive been doing the same since the Panthers. But not washing them. You can wash out the luck, don’t you know that? 

I stopped getting QB jerseys last year. They’ve been unlucky forever. So I’ve been rolling with Tre. Finally for the Pats 2.0 game I threw on a JA17 jersey and been rolling ever since.

You’re all welcome. 

So you're the reason we lost Tre... I suspected someone's superstition was the cause of his demise

• Haha (+1) 3

In my family, we eat Buffalo Wings every game.  

One time this season my wife made some kind of Chinese boiled chicken in place of Buffalo wings.  The Colts killed us that day.  We'll never eat boiled boiled Chinese chicken again.  

I just recently received a Josh Allen Jersey from a friend.   I wore it for the Pats playoff game.  Of course, I'm not washing it and will wear it again for the Chiefs.  

I sometimes change up my gear and rituals with this thought in mind:  If Frazier and Daboll don't change up their game plans, we'll lose.  There has to be a wise balance between continuity and change.  

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, WMDman said:

Ive been wearing the same clothes on gameday since the colts(?) game and they havent lost since

and yes I wash them you animals

Similar. 

i left the bar @halftime of the tampa game, came home to a package on my door.  It was my color rush Poyer Jersey.  I opened it up and put it on for the 2nd half as I watched at my house. 

same Jersey, red throwback hat, bills socks, royal blue undies, jeans, grey bills long sleeve shirt underneath. 

but I don’t wash them and I haven’t taken them off

stinky cat GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.