Tua and Hurts will never get to the promised land

ProcessTruster

18 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I like both of these guys in terms of leadership, moxie and athleticism, but they are too much of a liability in the passing game.   Miami and Philly need to draft QBs 

Add Mac Jones to this list and you have a triumvirate of excellent Alabama QBs who are average-at-best NFL QBs.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I wouldn't put Lamar or Mayfield anywhere near the likes of Tua or Hurts.

Totally different classes of QB, with Lamar the best of them all.  

All have flaws though.

I would include Mayfield in the Tua and Hurts group but not Jackson.

Lamar, while having limitations of his own, is the only difference maker of the bunch

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Probably not, but many that decided Josh Allens future based on his first 2 seasons were criminally incorrect 

Neither Hurts nor Tu’a can actually throw the ball at the pro level. They were tremendous college football players, Who were coached incredibly well. 

There is no comparison between the 3 players at all. In college, Allen was suspect; while Hurts and Tu’a were Heisman winners. At the Pro level, after 2 seasons, Allen was on his way to stardom. There were so many indicators that Allen had the ability to play at the pro level, that neither Tu’a nor Hurts have. I was toasted on here for saying Tu’a is trash. And look at him now. When the Eagles drafted Hurts, I was so confused. Wentz was coming off of an injury, but before the knee he was playing lights out. Granted, his confidence took a nose dive, and he’s what he is now. But Hurts is no good, and had they not wasted a pick on him, maybe Wentz doesn’t go off the deep end. 

Honestly, to bring up Allen in a conversation about these two is whats criminal. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I like both of these guys in terms of leadership, moxie and athleticism, but they are too much of a liability in the passing game.   Miami and Philly need to draft QBs 

So what? There aren't more than 10 starters in the NFL who can get their team to the promised land.  Why stop at those 2?

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Special K said:

Add Baker Mayfield to that list.

51 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And add Lamar to that list.

I agree. Neither is capable of consistent accuracy which simply doesn’t translate well enough. Lamar is craftier and better than Mike Vick -but not by much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Unless they get extremely lucky both these teams are too good to get a real early draft pick to get one.  Even if they tank to get one,  could just as easily end up with the next Sam Darnold rather than Josh Allen

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Neither Hurts nor Tu’a can actually throw the ball at the pro level. They were tremendous college football players, Who were coached incredibly well. 

There is no comparison between the 3 players at all. In college, Allen was suspect; while Hurts and Tu’a were Heisman winners. At the Pro level, after 2 seasons, Allen was on his way to stardom. There were so many indicators that Allen had the ability to play at the pro level, that neither Tu’a nor Hurts have. 

Honestly, to bring up Allen in a conversation about these two is whats criminal. 

You’re entitled to your opinions.  

How can you say that it’s criminal…..when several people felt that josh allen would never be able to improve his accuracy.  sure, the reasons for declaring josh, hurts and Tua “will never get to the promised land” are different but that doesn’t change the fact that Josh had an attribute that needed a lot of work.  An attribute than many felt “can’t be taught” at this level.  Either you’re accurate or not.  They were wrong.  Hurts doesn’t have a weak arm.  His arm strength is fine.  His problem was his throwing motion (elongated and over the top) and his footwork.  Just like josh.     

That said, I agree about Tua……I don’t think he’ll ever be a franchise QB, let alone take a team to the promised land. I don’t think he has the physical tools and from what I’ve read, it seems like he isn’t putting in the work to be great….but if I’m wrong about his work ethic, you never know if he’s going to turn things around. Unlikely, sure.  But not impossible.  Trent dilfer, Joe flacco and Brad Johnson got to the promised land.  

Regarding Hurts, I think the jury is still out.  I believe he’s has all the physical tools to be the man (not josh allen level, but a very good qb).  I wasn’t a fan of him coming out of bama (just like Tua and macnchz) but he’s improved a bunch in year 2.  Just like josh did from year 1 to 2.  Josh didn’t fix his mechanics til year 3.  Who’s to say that hurts doesn’t continue to fix his motion and footwork going into year 3?  For those that think his fate has already been decided.  I disagree. 

agree to disagree.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't even think Tua is a leader.

Pretty big red flag that he hasn't been voted a team captain in his first two seasons.

I read an article that he turned down being a captain due to all the Watson rumors. Which, ok. But if it’s your team, own it dude 

1 hour ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Watching this game,I don’t know how you would ever think you could win a championship with Hurts.

He is pretty dynamic and a great athlete. If he becomes a more consistent passer I could see him getting hot on a playoff run. Right now, no way

Remember when Arizona drafted Josh Rosen and then the next draft they were like ‘we ***** up, let’s draft Kyler Murray’. Good on them for not trying to stick it out with Rosen, just move on. Then they traded Rosen to Miami for a second rounder, what a bad trade for Miami. 

I think Tua sucks, his arm is so weak and he’s just got ugly mechanics. Or maybe he just looks weird because he’s a lefty. But man he looks bad, thanks Miami for not drafting Herbert!

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Based on what?

Based on the fact that Lamar has a career playoff rating of 68.3 or based on a playoff record of 1-3. Or based on the fact that he's a run first qb who will eventually start having injuries like this season. Based on my honest opinion that he will never develop as a true pocket passer. Is he better than Baker, Tua and Jones, absolutely. I just think he peaked with his MVP season.  I would put Herbert & Burrow ahead of Lamar as far as longevity goes......JMHO....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

It brings back memories or Tyrod Taylor days, 

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Add Baker Mayfield to that list.

Right….. another stupid hype pick.  Let's thanks the dummies running the Browns that they went with the hype and ignored Mel Kiper who said Josh Allen was the best player in the draft.  I would imagine plenty of Brown fans were watching yesterday and thinking what if? I kept saying before the draft that Mayfield looked like a bust.  

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Probably not, but many that decided Josh Allens future based on his first 2 seasons were criminally incorrect 

Josh Allen hasn't had a losing record in a season yet in games he has started and finished.

What was criminal was the offensive talent on the Bills roster when Allen was a rookie, yet, as aforementioned, he STILL didn't have a losing record as a rookie in games he started and finished.

Point is, Allen's arrow has ALWAYS pointed up the second he got on an NFL field and if people didn't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

The other QB's mentioned in this thread don't have anywhere near the physical talent Allen does. Hell, very few do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.