Mario Addison update?

Simon

On 1/16/2022 at 10:31 AM, TheBeaneBandit said:

People probably don't want to hear it but he's probably been our most consistent DE this year.

Agee, he’s been our most consistently average DE.  I might be in the minority, but I look forward to seeing what our #1, 2 x #2 picks can do with increased snaps if Addison is out.  Addison by subtraction if you like.  

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/16/2022 at 1:27 PM, NewEra said:

Yeah.  They said it was his shoulder along the bottom line on the NFLN this morning.  No mention of how serious it was 

that said.  He’s been solid but I think Obada is an adequate replacement 

Obada, despite his size is said to be a liability in run defense.  

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Lack of run fit is more of a problem against a team like the patriots.....we need pass rush in this game

Agreed.  Almost as important as pass rush, I think we need containment.  Keeping Mahomes in the pocket is on the top of the defensive “to do list” imo.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Almost as important as pass rush, I think we need containment.  Keeping Mahomes in the pocket is on the top of the defensive “to do list” imo.  

This.  You have to collapse the pocket around Mahomes.  Don’t give him outlets, otherwise - like Josh - you’re asking for a 15 yard scramble or big play down the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Sounds like shoveling snow is no joking matter!

I did it as a kid getting $5 an hour clearing ice hockey fields and it is definitely easier when you are younger and recover faster.

Fortunately Addison has top level medical care and therapy and they will be able to tell him if he can play, limitations and could he damage shoulder more.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I did it as a kid getting $5 an hour clearing ice hockey fields and it is definitely easier when you are younger and recover faster.

Fortunately Addison has top level medical care and therapy and they will be able to tell him if he can play, limitations and could he damage shoulder more.

Well, at least you were rich!  🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.