Lot of Chief fans terrified of prospect of facing the Bills next week...

Big Turk

i wasnt all that scared of the Chefs when we played them earlier,  they had significant issues all around.    I am now tho,  they appear to be back to their normal selves.     should be a good game,  just wish it was at Highmark.

i like our D more,  but this will come down to who plays better,  Mahomes,  or Josh.   Go Bills!!

Edited by bigduke6

Chiefs fan here. First off, Chiefs Planet is a terrible forum. I stumble into more good Chiefs discussion here than I do there. The mods on that site have lost control or don't care. Now to the (potential) Chiefs-Bills game ...

Let me get this out of the way: I think the Chiefs' mini AFC dynasty will end vs the Bills. But Buffalo will have to earn it. The Chiefs aren't the same team you saw in Week 5. That particular Chiefs team was still struggling against the two-high coverage that every team is using to take away the deep pass; the completely rebuilt offensive line was still getting used to each other; the offense was turning it over at a league-high rate as typically reliable pass catchers made repeated mistakes; the defense inexplicably had Chris Jones lining up on the outside; Frank Clark wasn't fully healthy; a few secondary pieces were banged up or out; emerging young LBs Willie Gay (reactivated from IR, played very few snaps) and Nick Bolton didn't see as much action; safety Dan Sorensen was taking FAR too many snaps (since been replaced in starting lineup); and Melvin Ingram had yet to be acquired by trade (he has made a monster impact.) In short, you might have witnessed the worst version of the Chiefs we've seen since before Mahomes became the starter in '18. 

The Chiefs' offense, you might recall, ran circles around the Bills in the AFC title game last year. The Bills have since improved their pass rush (and LB Milano is healthier than he was last year), which helps. But with Tre White out for this year's matchup, I'm unconvinced the Bills' defense made a monster jump from last year as far as matching up with the Chiefs' offense. (On that note, I would be genuinely interested in hearing why the Bills' defense is so much better positioned to slow the Chiefs this year?) 

All that said, the Bills offense is on a roll. The Chiefs had no answers in the regular season meeting (for many of the seasons I stated above.) They'll have more answers this time around, but probably not enough of them. With the Bills' emerging run game, the increased use of Josh Allen in the QB run game, the deep cast of reliable WRs (I seriously love this unit), Knox playing at a high level, the OL providing amazing protection (wouldn't have thought this was possible at the midway point of the season), I think the Chiefs are going to have their hands full. I also think the Bills will utilize fourth down this year better than they did in last year's AFC title game—where McDermott's overly conservative decision making literally cost them any chance they had after a gifted 9-0 lead to open (following Hardman's punt return fumble at the goal line.) 

I should also point out the obvious and say Daboll is in a play calling rhythm that will no doubt lead to him being a head coach somewhere next year. Everything works when he wants it to work. I put zero stock in the Falcons, Panthers or Jets games. The conditions were suboptimal and I don't think the Bills really cared to show much of anything. When they had to crank things up — in both games vs Pats — they played near perfect offense. Same thing in the regular season meeting at Arrowhead. I have no doubt Daboll will give the Chiefs things they haven't seen. The Bills have worked all offseason for this very moment. 

I've enjoyed every second of this current Chiefs' run under Andy Reid. They've done amazing things and it's been a fun ride. I think the Chiefs will rebuild and reload and be a factor in the AFC for years to come. That said, you Bills fans have suffered enough. And I think you will suffer no more. Good luck and for those making the trip to the LOUDEST outdoor stadium in the world, safe travels! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 13

2 minutes ago, beebe said:

Chiefs fan here. First off, Chiefs Planet is a terrible forum. I stumble into more good Chiefs discussion here than I do there. The mods on that site have lost control or don't care. Now to the (potential) Chiefs-Bills game ...

Let me get this out of the way: I think the Chiefs' mini AFC dynasty will end vs the Bills. But Buffalo will have to earn it. The Chiefs aren't the same team you saw in Week 5. That particular Chiefs team was still struggling against the two-high coverage that every team is using to take away the deep pass; the completely rebuilt offensive line was still getting used to each other; the offense was turning it over at a league-high rate as typically reliable pass catchers made repeated mistakes; the defense inexplicably had Chris Jones lining up on the outside; Frank Clark wasn't fully healthy; a few secondary pieces were banged up or out; emerging young LBs Willie Gay (reactivated from IR, played very few snaps) and Nick Bolton didn't see as much action; safety Dan Sorensen was taking FAR too many snaps (since been replaced in starting lineup); and Melvin Ingram had yet to be acquired by trade (he has made a monster impact.) In short, you might have witnessed the worst version of the Chiefs we've seen since before Mahomes became the starter in '18. 

The Chiefs' offense, you might recall, ran circles around the Bills in the AFC title game last year. The Bills have since improved their pass rush (and LB Milano is healthier than he was last year), which helps. But with Tre White out for this year's matchup, I'm unconvinced the Bills' defense made a monster jump from last year as far as matching up with the Chiefs' offense. (On that note, I would be genuinely interested in hearing why the Bills' defense is so much better positioned to slow the Chiefs this year?) 

All that said, the Bills offense is on a roll. The Chiefs had no answers in the regular season meeting (for many of the seasons I stated above.) They'll have more answers this time around, but probably not enough of them. With the Bills' emerging run game, the increased use of Josh Allen in the QB run game, the deep cast of reliable WRs (I seriously love this unit), Knox playing at a high level, the OL providing amazing protection (wouldn't have thought this was possible at the midway point of the season), I think the Chiefs are going to have their hands full. I also think the Bills will utilize fourth down this year better than they did in last year's AFC title game—where McDermott's overly conservative decision making literally cost them any chance they had after a gifted 9-0 lead to open (following Hardman's punt return fumble at the goal line.) 

I should also point out the obvious and say Daboll is in a play calling rhythm that will no doubt lead to him being a head coach somewhere next year. Everything works when he wants it to work. I put zero stock in the Falcons, Panthers or Jets games. The conditions were suboptimal and I don't think the Bills really cared to show much of anything. When they had to crank things up — in both games vs Pats — they played near perfect offense. Same thing in the regular season meeting at Arrowhead. I have no doubt Daboll will give the Chiefs things they haven't seen. The Bills have worked all offseason for this very moment. 

I've enjoyed every second of this current Chiefs' run under Andy Reid. They've done amazing things and it's been a fun ride. I think the Chiefs will rebuild and reload and be a factor in the AFC for years to come. That said, you Bills fans have suffered enough. And I think you will suffer no more. Good luck and for those making the trip to the LOUDEST outdoor stadium in the world, safe travels! 

Shut up. 🤣

JK

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We've all seen how disruptive Watt can be. Love to see Mahomes take them lightly. 

I've watched every snap of the Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes era. I can't think of a single time they've taken an opponent lightly. This sort of thing simply doesn't happen. Fans? Sure. Two of the most competitive humans in the world? In the playoffs? Not a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BRH said:

I see some people saying that this happened because the Patriots were bad, not because the Bills were any good.

Which makes you wonder how they justify our blowout of them from earlier this year.

KC was like 2 different teams this year.  The early season struggling team and the late season team that figured it out.

KC is pretty much back to being KC now, though not fully! 

I'm not sure I see a lot of value in the first game with them though; they are a different team now.

Then again, hopefully we are too after last night! 

One thing to keep in mind:  we may have killed the Patriots, but they have a MUCH better defense than KC!  

So that should help.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Remember this: This Bills team was built to beat KC.   

This is true and that "soft finesse" team that so many Bills fans hated 4 weeks ago or so is just right for a KC matchup.

It's a shame TRE won't be out there, as we'll need all hands on deck, but we can still do it without him.

2 minutes ago, beebe said:

I've watched every snap of the Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes era. I can't think of a single time they've taken an opponent lightly. This sort of thing simply doesn't happen. Fans? Sure. Two of the most competitive humans in the world? In the playoffs? Not a chance. 

FANS love to talk about that sort of stuff.  Pro athletes don't take anything lightly and pretty much come out, every game, and play as hard as they can.  

I guess that doesn't make for an interesting story, so fans like to invent their own.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

KC was like 2 different teams this year.  The early season struggling team and the late season team that figured it out.

KC is pretty much back to being KC now, though not fully! 

I'm not sure I see a lot of value in the first game with them though; they are a different team now.

Then again, hopefully we are too after last night! 

One thing to keep in mind:  we may have killed the Patriots, but they have a MUCH better defense than KC!  

So that should help.

I will have to kindly disagree with this. I think the Pats' defense benefited from an extraordinarily easy schedule and good fortune with weather. The Pats got to play the first Bills game in 40 mph wind. They got to play Brady/Bucs in a downpour. They got to play the Titans without Derrick Henry, Julio Jones or AJ Brown. Beyond that, they got to plat the Jets twice, the Dolphins twice (D got worked in the finale), the Jags, the Texans, the Panthers. A few of the better offenses they faced, like the Cowboys and Colts, they got absolutely worked. The Pats had a good D. But by season's end, particularly with some of the late injuries before the playoff game, this defense was not to be feared. Say what you want about the Chiefs' D — it clearly wasn't good enough early — but they played a brutally hard schedule this year and have to be thrilled with where they're at after such a poor start. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, harryS said:

i'd rather just have the easier path.  you know who wins smack talk wars?  fans of teams who win the super bowl

Why wouldn't this be the easier path ? The Bills have already beaten them once this season & the Chiefs D is not playing well at all & if the Bills can put together anything that resembles the game last night OMG I'm thinking there's no way they can hang .

Besides if it pans out to be a home game then we would have to play the Bengals & those guys are much stronger than the Chiefs as it sits right now .

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is hilarious...it's kinda 50/50 with some posters terrified and others not believing the Bills can do this to the Chiefs.

"Scared sh*tless of Buffalo.

Just hope Josh Allen is gracious enough to use lube."

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341882&page=90

Consider that their pass defense is like 10 times worse than the pats. I would be a little nervous too.

2 hours ago, beebe said:

Well, similar to the Chiefs not being the same team we faced earlier, the Bills are not the same team either. We have become one of the best rushing teams in the NFL over the past 6 weeks, averaging over 163 yards per game during that time and in the past 3 weeks averaging over 192 yards per game.

This has occurred by the Bills finally finding it's best line combination once they were "forced" to put Ryan Bates in at guard. He has made a huge difference, as well as committing to both a pin and pull run scheme featuring Singletary as the lead back.

No longer are the Bills one dimensional. If they are struggling with the pass they WILL gash you with the run now and it won't just be Allen running either.

You will have your hands full on D even moreso than the past two times we played.

On defense we also will have some issues likely stopping the Chiefs. It will depend on how well our front four plays and gets after Mahomes. 

Likely will be a much better playoff matchup than last year.

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Consider that their pass defense is like 10 times worse than the pats. I would be a little nervous too.

We are not just a pass only team anymore. We have transformed into one of the best rushing teams in the NFL over the last 6 weeks averaging 163+ yards per game on the ground in the last 6 and 192+ yards per game on the ground in the last 3.

If they try and play light boxes they will get gashed this time.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, beebe said:

Can't wait to send the Chiefs into the offseason wondering how they can stop Allen next year. 

11 hours ago, BRH said:

I see some people saying that this happened because the Patriots were bad, not because the Bills were any good.

Which makes you wonder how they justify our blowout of them from earlier this year.

They justify it by saying they were bad then but they’re good now

11 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

Steelers shock the world tonight!!

Has not aged well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.