Is McDermott in Belicheck’s head?

Royale with Cheese

13 minutes ago, stowellez said:

What I couldn't understand about the talking heads picking the Pats* was their reasoning; the Pats vaunted defense.  It's good, for sure, but the Bills have the #1 defense in the NFL?!?  

They meant Belicheat and his ability to get film on weaknesses of players (you do not think all of the people illegally recording practices and games were caught, do you?), film on zebra tendencies, and dirty tricks/"misinterpretations of rules" would be enough to be the difference.

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

I've been critical of McD and he's deserved it.  But last night was a game of beauty in everything but extra points.  This team was so well prepared and our game plan was on point and the FINAL piece we have been waiting for -- we went for the kill and finished it off didn't ease up one bit, we didn't let them back in we stomped them out. Outstanding. 

I do think our offensive success might be largely due to Dabol and his familiarity with BB from his time in NE. But that's just a hunch.

Props to both coordinators and huge props to McD getting these guys ready to play and foot on the gas all game.  Excellent excellent job.  Bravo!!! Three more Ws!!!

Totally disagree.  He hasn't worked with Belicheat for over 5 years now.  And he's not close to the same class of coach Belicheat is.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I do think our offensive success might be largely due to Dabol and his familiarity with BB from his time in NE. But that's just a hunch.

Our Offensive success is purely due to the Brilliance of Josh Allen yesterday night. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

It was unreal!!! Keyshawn & crew were talking up the Pats I'm like you idiots have no freaken clue!!!

Keyshawn just hates Allen. And Teddy B has to talk them up or turn in his Patriots card. Just keep putting a Can of Arse whipping on them and they'll shut up. Or at least start talking about something else.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, ganesh said:

It is unbelievable that inspite of such statistics the talking heads were picking the Patriots to upset the Bills yesterday night

Yea that absolutely blew my mind…they still give belichick way too much credit. The dude is only human…sure he’s great at keeping players disciplined and knowing what their job is but there’s no super secret playbook he can pull out when his team is losing every positional battle on the field lol 

22 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Our Offensive success is purely due to the Brilliance of Josh Allen yesterday night. 

Playcalling was great too.  I don’t mean to diminish Josh’s efforts but an average qb likely wins it for us still last night but a much closer game obviously 😂. There were just too many playcalls where the pats defense was completely caught in the wrong scheme 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

You have to wonder how the 70 year old head coach is looking at the situation in the division after the game.  They need to play their best game to beat allen, and the bills look like they are going to be formidable for at least the near-term.  

The defense here is also a very underrated and over-looked thing.  Everything will remain together and key pieces are in their prime. 

I doubted it a few weeks ago, but I wonder if he would jump at a Giants offer.

1 hour ago, stowellez said:

What I couldn't understand about the talking heads picking the Pats* was their reasoning; the Pats vaunted defense.  It's good, for sure, but the Bills have the #1 defense in the NFL?!?  

That annoyed me so much. Every time they mentioned the Pats defense, they were like "they have the 2nd ranked defense". And don't you think it would be good to mention that they are 2nd to the other team on the field!?

This Bills defense does not get the credit it deserves.

• Like (+1) 1

They just match up TERRIBLY against Allen when the Bills spread them out and he takes the short passes.........and even worse when he scrambles.........their LB's are far too slow.

Their current D would have matched up better with the 2020 Bills.........and this offense is notably different...........they have really set up the deep ball with short passes and runs..........last year they were attacking intermediate and deeper routes all game long and Allen was less in control of the game from the pocket and was still dabbling with putting air under the ball...........recently he's looking like a 10 year vet in the pocket and everything he throws is lazers.         

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Did Belicheat even shake McD hand at the end of the game. I didn’t watch the end, I ran outside with my beer and made snow angles.

I saw them come together for a brief moment, just long enough to probably say "Congrats, good game" and then they were off. I think they are turning out to not like each other very much.

Pretty interesting after the 2nd 2020 game that Belichick really embraced McDermott and you could tell he was really giving McDermott a ton of respect and credit after that one. Now they just seem to be annoyed by each other.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.