1/16/22 - Around the NFL - NFL Super Wildcard Weekend 8:15 PM ET - Steelers @ the Chiefs

BuffaloBill

37 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Today shows why including a 7th seed in the playoffs adds nothing of value to anyone besides advertisers.

I was actually just about to post about this.  Between the Colts/Bears last year and Eagles/Steelers this year the only team who you could maybe consider playoff worthy was last year's Colts team.  But unfortunately the 7th seed is probably here to stay for the long haul.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I hope not , just because I don’t want Collinsworth on the commentary. Earlier he said Mahomes was the only QB that would throw back across his body. Pretty sure Josh did that a few weeks ago in NE. He’s just an a$$

It is Sunday night but it's CBS, almost certainly Nantz (whom I find annoying) and Rome (who was a Cowboy so instant dislike).

Pittsburgh kept this game interesting longer than I thought.  It was still interesting with like 5 minutes left in first half.

And then a little later it was 35-7.

Big Ben is so beyond washed up it's kind of incredible.

Makes you wonder what Brady is up to.

Simple case of steroids, etc.?  

57 minutes ago, balln said:

AL and CC "no one saw that coming"   f u AL

already doubting allen 

If you listened correctly you would have heard him follow up with "Not to THAT extent!" which is a fair comment, seeing as it may have been the greatest offensive performance in NFL history.

No one here saw it coming either, including you.

If you want to continue going through life thinking you, Buffalo, and the Bills get no respect from anyone, go for it...but that isn't healthy or accurate.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Pittsburgh kept this game interesting longer than I thought.  It was still interesting with like 5 minutes left in first half.

And then a little later it was 35-7.

Big Ben is so beyond washed up it's kind of incredible.

Makes you wonder what Brady is up to.

Simple case of steroids, etc.?  

The simple fact that you are comparing Ben and Brady, and chalk it up to steroids, is laughable.  Ben is the opposite of what a NFL player should be in terms of taking care of himself.  He is notoriously unhealthy.

5 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Road playoff games are but tougher,  I hope you end up being correct but I just don't see it with our defence and missing our best defensive player in White. Allen does give me hope

Despite the fact that we destroyed the patriots at home this bills team is built to play better in a place like Kansas City or in warm weather we present an entirely different problem to the Kansas City Chiefs then the Steelers did truth be told the Steelers should not even have made the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nitro said:

Your last drive and you play dink and dunk with the TE and RBs.   Throw a deep one Ben

That was his last couple of seasons in a nutshell.

So glad the Rapist is hanging them up he sucks and I can't stand all the Big Ben nut swinging.

10 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Really? You keep posting the same junk all night. Contrary to your fears we had the #1 defense in total yards, passing defense, #3 in takeaways and wait for it......#1 in points allowed. The first 2 we led by wide margins. Not to mention our offense finishing 5th overall in total yards, #3 in points scored and led the league in point differential. Not to mention we have the most physically gifted QB to ever play in the NFL.

Maybe you were aware of these facts, maybe you weren't. Either way you should start acting accordingly.

The Chiefs won 9 out of their last 10 games heading into the playoffs. Averaging close to 30 points per game. His concern was OUR defense and you bring up Josh?!? Is he taking Edmunds' spot on defense?!?

One more thing: who the hell are you to tell someone how to act?!?

Edited by Dopey

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

The Chiefs won 9 out of their last 10 games heading into the playoffs. Averaging close to 30 points per game. His concern was OUR defense and you bring up Josh?!? Is he taking Edmunds' spot on defense?!?

One more thing: who the hell are you to tell someone how to act?!?

So you're just going to totally glance over the opening part of the first paragraph where I give the laundry list of catagories where the Bills defense was ranked top 3 in the league(in most cases ranked #1). I didn't mention Josh until after mentioning our defensive, offensive and point differential rankings. Was my statement on Josh wrong? Can you not counter a good QB and offense with unicorn QB and good offense?

If he had mentioned his concerns once or twice I would've never commented, but it was over and over and over again constantly stating the same thing throughout the game. We get it he doesn't have faith in a unit that ranked #1 in the league for some reason.

I can't stand  the "chicken little, sky is falling" mentality that some in this fan base have and have had for decades. Here's an idea for fans like that, be mentality strong, man up and grow a pair. Either way you control nothing in this game. So why stress yourself out for no reason, when you can simply have confidence in the best defense in the league this year? Hate to see if barely sqeaked one out on Saturday vs beating them by 30 and witnessing the greatest offensive game ever. Scoring a TD on every possession except for the kneel down at the end of the game. Something no team has EVER done in the history of the league.

As to your last sentence I see you don't practice what you preach.

The game last night was over as soon as the Pittsburgh defense mailed it in on the Kelce TD before the half. It was very similar to GB last year allowing that embarrassing long bomb TD to the Bucs (also right before halftime). Their life force and will to go on was completely drained from the entire team on that one play. I still cannot believe that a defense is that disorganized that it allowed that (even with the quality of Mahomes and Kelce) to happen.  In addition, all the drops and negative running plays on offense just squandered what was a pretty respectable defensive effort to start(the fumble return td was excellent).  Big Ben has been reduced to a game manager the past couple of seasons with some occasional flashes of his old brilliance so he was never going to pull a comeback especially down 14.  If the Pittsburgh offense had been able to get even 1 TD in the first half that might have given them a chance. As it was the Steeler D was on the field too long and got burnt out early. We are going to have to have our sht completely together next Sunday as KC is flying high again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.