1/16/22 - Around the NFL - NFL Super Wildcard Weekend 4:30 PM ET - Niners at the Boys

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Was rooting against Dallas, but I don’t like that rule re the clock/ ref needing to spot the ball. I prefer the college rule where the clock stops on a first down, which would mostly avoid this problem. 

i actually thought Dallas did a super clever job on that last drive to position themselves like they did. 

Keep the college rules in college.  The NFL doesn't need more rules that favor one side of the football over the other.  That was a poor playcall to run the ball with no timeouts.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Magnifies how much if a joke the league can be at times.  The official ran into Dak, knocked him over which probably cost them a second or two and then just announces the games over while running off the field… 

Same official from earlier too. Just pause the clock while he's in the way. 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe the Cowboys can find a new country to be the "Insert Country's Name Here's Team".

It's wonderful to see the Cowboy's heading to the golf courses. 

i am glad you said this. 

My one buddy who is a Steelers fan complains endlessly about the cowboys being self-anointed as “America’s team.” I mean, who, outside of Dallas and the King of Fair Weather Fans (LeBron), likes this team? 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Bs they killed the game, he had no right to pick that ball up and move it, he was over 20!yards back, he doesn’t have a clue where it belongs, he did it to be an ass. Also you always get a split second after it hits zero, the pats got a full second a few times last night. You shouldn’t have to rely on a ref to run 20 yards to spot a ball.

That is the rule.  Nothing new.  He did his job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Random, but I always wonder why punters don’t try to punt it out near the 5 instead of right down the middle risking the touchback

One of my pet peeves - coffin corner is a lost art.  Back in the day all the great punters did it.   Sure it is harder, but if you are a punter work on your craft man.  Plus now all these stupid ST coordinators think they can do it with coaching/coverage if the punter just puts in down the middle which works 2% of the time.  If I'm a ST coordinator my input to the GM is give me a punter who can do directional kicking and he'd be practicing it constantly

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That may be but what we just saw was hot garbage.  BOTH QB's and BOTH coaches flat out sucked.

When our offense "pitches" a perfect game, all these games this weekend will look subpar. That's how special that performance was.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Magnifies how much if a joke the league can be at times.  The official ran into Dak, knocked him over which probably cost them a second or two and then just announces the games over while running off the field… 

If officials can’t spot the ball when the offense is ready, the clock should be stopped until they can. That lard ass should not have moved the ball it meant nothing besides the fact he didn’t know where to spot it anyways.

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i am glad you said this. 

My one buddy who is a Steelers fan complains endlessly about the cowboys being self-anointed as “America’s team.” I mean, who, outside of Dallas and the King of Fair Weather Fans (LeBron), likes this team? 

Yep.  Shear arrogance.  They are one of 32 American Teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.