Does Jerry Sullivan still think Micah and friends should be ‘embarrassed’?

BuffaloBill

45 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why?  If ANYTHING Sully has ever said made Hyde or Poyer reach deep down and add something more to their game, GREAT!  We can use everything we can get.  

Why would you dislike that as a fan?

because Jerry is a fool.  

Sorry if MHO of him offends you. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Oh, I disagree.  Sully is the kind of guy who could find a dark cloud on the sunniest day.   I'm sure he'd have something to say about those missed EPs.

Someone should check the Niagara Gazette for a headline written in crayon that reads something like "With Perfection Within Reach, Bills Two Missed Extra-points Leave Embarrassing and Indelible Stain on Record Books".

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, transient said:

Someone should check the Niagara Gazette for a headline written in crayon that reads something like "With Perfection Within Reach, Bills Two Missed Extra-points Leave Embarrassing and Indelible Stain on Record Books".

Great job channeling your inner Jerry -now jump in the shower and scrub until the feeling subsides because I know you need to! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:04 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Jerry has been a lightening rod to the Bills organization. During the drought era there were times when the Bills deserved what he was dishing up.  The exchange above was a low blow on his part and could have been phrased sooooo differently. As simple as, “Micah everyone knows this is a tough loss, what will you do to digest it and let the sour taste out of your mouth?”

Where was Jerry last night?

Where was he? Probably at the press conference same as always.

And you're misquoting Jerry. He didn't say they should be embarrassed.

He asked if they were embarrassed. It probably should have ended with a simple, "No."

Beyond that, Jerry has zero problem writing good things when the Bills play well. Never has. Nor did he yesterday. Proof here:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/buffalo_bills/sullivan-bills-celebrate-real-home-playoff-game-with-near-perfect-performance/article_a5d46d3c-059f-5e40-9b5f-27fd63be4119.html

Headline:   "Sullivan: Bills celebrate real home playoff game with near-perfect performance"

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

On 1/16/2022 at 9:24 AM, Steptide said:

If there's any buffalo reporter that will find a negative about last night, it'll be Jerry Sullivan. He'll probably write an article about how the bills defense gave up a late 4th quarter touchdown 🙄

Well their was a poster in the game thread last night who stated the Bills defense was mediocre as the score was 33 to 3.  Perhaps that was Jerry.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That's hilarious. The Niagara Gazette wants me to pay to read an article from Jerry Sullivan? I'd wipe my buttox with his article if it was written on charmin I got for free, but pay for it? Ha!

On 1/16/2022 at 9:13 AM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Just wait until jerry takes credit for the bills turn around 

He did try to take credit.   This is from his article he wrote after the Perfect Game. 

"Sometimes, a great team needs a crisis, something to draw out its best. Maybe it started after that first Patriots game, when the defensive guys felt they had been disrespected"

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

They want doom.  Their subconscious thrives on being negative and confrontational. 

In think it's often a defense mechanism for people who can't handle disappointment. They project failure whenever possible and assume the worst in order to avoid the "unbearable" feeling of being let down. 

Such pervasive negativity renders a (false) sense of control, in so far as they can say "see I told you so!" Whereas disappointment happens when you have no control over the outcome...

People who can't handle disappointment typically have little control in their lives and over their emotions, so they need to project control, even if it's completely fake like trolls on the internet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Jerry has been a lightening rod to the Bills organization. During the drought era there were times when the Bills deserved what he was dishing up.  The exchange above was a low blow on his part and could have been phrased sooooo differently. As simple as, “Micah everyone knows this is a tough loss, what will you do to digest it and let the sour taste out of your mouth?”

Where was Jerry last night?

For folks that weren’t embarrassed, they sure are acting like they were embarrassed.

• Agree 1

When you get a text from Jerry Sullivan you know what to do  -  reverse the charges.

Why would you post this!?!? It will just get him clicks. He just needs to fade off to irrelevance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Where was he? Probably at the press conference same as always.

And you're misquoting Jerry. He didn't say they should be embarrassed.

He asked if they were embarrassed. It probably should have ended with a simple, "No."

Beyond that, Jerry has zero problem writing good things when the Bills play well. Never has. Nor did he yesterday. Proof here:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/buffalo_bills/sullivan-bills-celebrate-real-home-playoff-game-with-near-perfect-performance/article_a5d46d3c-059f-5e40-9b5f-27fd63be4119.html

Headline:   "Sullivan: Bills celebrate real home playoff game with near-perfect performance"

I have such a low opinion of Sully that I really believe he wrote a positive article - at least partially - to prove his critics wrong.  "Look, I'm not always a Negative Nancy.  I am capable of saying something positive when the Bills do something absolutely historic."  

I never liked his journalism because he never told me anything I didn't already know.  He never broke a story.  He didn't have insider knowledge.  He certainly wasn't a master explainer of Xs and Os.  He offered no great insights.   

He simply whined.  It was never something I enjoyed so I stopped reading him years ago.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

For folks that weren’t embarrassed, they sure are acting like they were embarrassed.

They were pissed off, angry they didn't win.

Embarrassment is a feeling for little boys when their mommy scolds them...

Mac Jones admitted he was embarrassed losing to the Dolphins... Mac Jones is a little boy...

Hyde and Poyer are grown men. They don't feel embarrassed because you can't embarrass men. You can disrespect them though. And disrespect does add fuel to the fire. 

Maybe the Bills should hire Jerry Sullivan to personally insult Bills players in the locker room before each game?

Just now, Motorin' said:

They were pissed off, angry they didn't win.

Embarrassment is a feeling for little boys when their mommy scolds them...

Mac Jones admitted he was embarrassed losing to the Dolphins... Mac Jones is a little boy...

Hyde and Poyer are grown men. They don't feel embarrassed because you can't embarrass men. You can disrespect them though. And disrespect does add fuel to the fire. 

Maybe the Bills should hire Jerry Sullivan to personally insult Bills players in the locker room before each game?

Semantics dude. They were pissed off that they got ran all over. They should have been. And they blew that team out the next two times to avenge it.

Why pretend that's not a thing?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.