Bills got every single break last night

Miyagi-Do Karate

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never seen anything like it, but I believe the Bills got every single “break” last night. It really felt like a curse was broken. Consider just these plays:

1) Allen tries to throw the ball away, yet amazingly Knox catches it for a TD (an extraordinarily difficult catch too).

2) McKenzie apparently fumbled the opening kickoff, but it went harmlessly

out of bounds.

3) Milano tips a ball, and Wallace makes a diving interception off of it.

4) punt hits Neal in the foot, and Hyde was able to not only recover it, but then run it back 50 yards. 

5) Doinked in PAT by Bass.

6) several wide open patriots just dropped balls. 

We played a great game in every way. But it was nice to get those good luck bounces for once. 

Yeah but we missed 2 PATs! Why do the gods hate us so??

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Trying to recall the 4 incompletions he threw, believe all were in the first half;

One to Diggs was very low early in the game

One to Davis, think he more  dropped, could have should have caught?

Don't recall the Sanders miss

Don't recall the Singletary miss?

1) Diggs throw he bounced it, perhaps intentional, there was coverage on Diggs

2) High and hard, sugar-high throw

3) That's probably the Beasley one which was intentional as a throw away

4) Snap was a bit off, Josh tried to grip and throw in one motion and the placement was bad, low and upfield

Davis and Devin were off but could have been caught. Others looked like intentional "move to the next down" throws. Very tidy game.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’m rewatching the first half right now. Josh intentionally puts one into the turf in front of Beasely on the first drive in triple coverage.

Tipped ball at the line at three minute mark in first quarter.

So I was looking at the box score and they list Diggs, Davis, Sanders, and Singletary as having one more target than completion.  Beasley is listed as 1 for 1 which could mean that since was tipped wasn't considered a target.  But he was 21 for 25 and those four listed as misses??

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I was looking at the box score and they list Diggs, Davis, Sanders, and Singletary as having one more target than completion.  Beasley is listed as 1 for 1 which could mean that since was tipped wasn't considered a target.  But he was 21 for 25 and those four listed as misses??

I might be wrong about the first one but the announcer said his name

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

4) Snap was a bit off, Josh tried to grip and throw in one motion and the placement was bad, low and upfield

Davis and Devin were off but could have been caught. Others looked like intentional "move to the next down" throws. Very tidy game.

But there were only 4 and Beasley wasn't listed in box score as having one, may not have been considered a target, but then numbers don't add up.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I might be wrong about the first one but the announcer said his name

I'm going completely off the box score and the numbers adding up.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But there were only 4 and Beasley wasn't listed in box score as having one, may not have been considered a target, but then numbers don't add up.

Ah I was referencing another post up there about Sanders getting credit for the target but the actual throw iirc was a throw-away skipper toward a triple-covered Beasley (#11 not #1) to avoid the impending sack.

Edit: I think there may have been one more that was not officially recorded due to Patriot penalty. Gotta wait for the replay and DVR it.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

In general the Bills did get some breaks, but if we’re counting, the pass interference against Levi was cheap. He had a hand on the receivers shoulder and the pass was six feet over their heads. 

Reading commentary elsewhere and the immediate reaction was “here come the refs to save New England” after that PI call. 

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm going completely off the box score and the numbers adding up.

The major point for me though is :

He threw one away on purpose. Excellent decision 

He had one tipped at the line

Happens

He hit Diggs with a poorly thrown catchable ball two yards past the LOS and Diggs didn’t get it 

Meh

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never seen anything like it, but I believe the Bills got every single “break” last night. It really felt like a curse was broken. Consider just these plays:

1) Allen tries to throw the ball away, yet amazingly Knox catches it for a TD (an extraordinarily difficult catch too).

2) McKenzie apparently fumbled the opening kickoff, but it went harmlessly

out of bounds.

3) Milano tips a ball, and Wallace makes a diving interception off of it.

4) punt hits Neal in the foot, and Hyde was able to not only recover it, but then run it back 50 yards. 

5) Doinked in PAT by Bass.

6) several wide open patriots just dropped balls. 

We played a great game in every way. But it was nice to get those good luck bounces for once. 

The McKenzie thing was definitely down by contact/ground dislodging the ball.  

Every break is a stretch.  They didn't show the put that Hyde fielded, but i saw the same thing and just a right bounce.  

A tripped ball was intercepted, as often they are.  Doinked extra point who cares.

And a great catch by Knox, which Allen should just have said nothing 😜.

Oh and again NE converting too many 3rd & longs & 4th downs.....

38 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

You can't teach accuracy,  we're just gonna have to learn to live with it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.