Refreshing Honesty from QB1

JY422

“I thought I threw the ball away,” Allen said. “He made an unbelievable play, but I got hit and was going back to the huddle for what I think was third down, and everybody was celebrating. I had no idea what was going on.

“Still, when I sat down (on the bench) I go, ‘What happened?’ Nobody could tell me an explanation.”

Once Allen saw a replay on the video scoreboard, he said his reaction was “Holy crap. I did not mean for that to happen.”

https://theathletic.com/3072748/2022/01/16/josh-allen-and-the-bills-bully-and-bury-the-patriots-in-a-playoff-victory-buffalo-fans-will-crow-about-for-years-to-come/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

“I thought I threw the ball away,” Allen said. “He made an unbelievable play, but I got hit and was going back to the huddle for what I think was third down, and everybody was celebrating. I had no idea what was going on.

“Still, when I sat down (on the bench) I go, ‘What happened?’ Nobody could tell me an explanation.”

Once Allen saw a replay on the video scoreboard, he said his reaction was “Holy crap. I did not mean for that to happen.”

https://theathletic.com/3072748/2022/01/16/josh-allen-and-the-bills-bully-and-bury-the-patriots-in-a-playoff-victory-buffalo-fans-will-crow-about-for-years-to-come/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Thanks Gugny. I’m not sure how a thread that started out as an appreciation post could have possibly turned into a semi-controversial debate but… I guess that’s just the way it is (as Hornsby would say).

at the end of the day I was trying to appreciate the humility and honesty of a super star athlete in a day and age where super star athletes are often aloof, arrogant, and unrelatable. 

for those trying to turn it into something more than that… I have nothing for you except… Go Bills!

Edited by JY422
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Got to love it!! Even Josh MISTAKES are TDs  ”we’re living here in Allentown” 🎶 🎵 

I saw Josh’s face after that fluke and he looked upset—I assumed he was hurt!

somebody tell dude in charge of stadium replays; more, faster!!

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

Kubiac has blown Allen's cover and is calling BS on the claim that he was throwing the ball away:

"Allen said afterward that he was attempting to throw the ball away and didn’t realize it had been caught. But the type of soft throw shows the Bills knew the Patriots’ defensive backs were not going to back-pedal in the end zone, but instead were going to play underneath the Bills’ receivers."

By claiming he threw the ball away Allen preserves a strategery here.  And Kubiac lays out what that strategy was.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.