Refreshing Honesty from QB1

JY422

57 minutes ago, teef said:

Nothing about you talking about the bills triggers me.  I just enjoy calling you out on the nonsense you post. 

You seem to enjoy calling everyone out on whatever displeases you. 

You must be a hoot at family gatherings

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

I don’t believe that to be the case.  If he was throwing it away he would have thrown it further out.  I think he was throwing it at a place where he knew no Pats player could have made a play and was genuinely surprised that Knox came down with it.

I love how the guy who actually threw the pass admitted that was the case and you’re still like, nah, that’s not what happened 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’ve seen Josh Allen throw the ball away plenty of times. He may say it was a throw away, but I’ve never seen him throw it away with so much touch on the ball. Rolling to his strong side, he had the power to throw it in the 300 level 

He'd just been hit and was near the sideline, for whatever reason he did not take the time to generate full power.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I know what he said

Oh… gotcha. So you actually were saying that you know better than Josh what Josh was intending to do. I guess I just couldn’t fathom that kind of arrogance till this very moment. 
well, I guess there isn’t any further need for actual intelligent discussion here since you have already informed us of your x-men-mind-reading abilities. 
perhaps, however, you should leave your contact info here and hope someone from the front office reads this thread. I’d say you could be an unbelievably valuable asset to the Bills for this playoff run. 

5 hours ago, Magox said:

I don’t believe that to be the case.  If he was throwing it away he would have thrown it further out.  I think he was throwing it at a place where he knew no Pats player could have made a play and was genuinely surprised that Knox came down with it.

Agree. There’s throwing it to a place where only your guy can get it, and then there’s throwing it away. Allen’s throwaways end up in the bleachers.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I believe him. When he tossed it I truly thought he was throwing it away. 

however the throw was still amazing because it was tossed in a way that either Knox makes a Dallas Clark type play or it floats out of bounds. 

kind of like throwing this away but at least in the direction of one of my players. 

Dallas Clark or Dwight Clark?

🤔

After the play, he was looking at the sideline and flipped is finger toward the end zone like he thought they got a first down for a penalty. I assumed he thought they called the roughing the passer for the hit he took out of bounds.

It's a fine line between a throw-away and a true pass attempt here, but I believe it was mostly a throw-away for Josh Allen in his mind.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Dallas Clark or Dwight Clark?

🤔

Neither. Dick Clark

3 hours ago, JY422 said:

Oh… gotcha. So you actually were saying that you know better than Josh what Josh was intending to do. I guess I just couldn’t fathom that kind of arrogance till this very moment. 
well, I guess there isn’t any further need for actual intelligent discussion here since you have already informed us of your x-men-mind-reading abilities. 
perhaps, however, you should leave your contact info here and hope someone from the front office reads this thread. I’d say you could be an unbelievably valuable asset to the Bills for this playoff run. 

I wouldn’t call common sense a super power, but if you insist.

When Josh evaded the defender with Brown assisting him with getting enough on the blocker (which was a great play by Spencer Brown), he had clear vision of the end zone.  You want me to believe that he thought he threw it where no one could make a play on it?  If he wanted to just throw it away to where no one would make a play on it, he would have chucked it further out.

Like I said, I think he thought he was going to throw it in a spot where no Patriot could make a play on it and was genuinely surprised when Knox made a play on it.

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I believe him. When he tossed it I truly thought he was throwing it away. 

however the throw was still amazing because it was tossed in a way that either Knox makes a Dallas Clark type play or it floats out of bounds. 

kind of like throwing this away but at least in the direction of one of my players. 

Bingo.  He was "throwing it away" in the sense of he didn't have a receiver he was targeting and expected to catch it when he made the throw

But he put it in a place where it was catchable "by Knox or no one" using their scramble rules, not "not catchable by no one, no way"

On 1/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, JY422 said:

During his press conference, Allen was asked about the first TD to Knox and after his typical, boyish sarcasm he straight up admitted he was trying to throw the ball away and didn’t even know why the crowd was cheering so loud until a few moments after the play. 
A follow up question was something like, “when that happened did you know it was going to be a special night” and without hesitation Josh said “oh yeah!” with a huge grin on his face. 

I just want to say how refreshing it is to see every Bills player, even our biggest star, live out the “Humble & Hungry” mantra of our HC. I really feel like the majority of QBs in this league would have had too much pride to admit they were throwing that ball away. 

Go Bills!

I just finished reading the Herald Tribune recap and coverage of the Bills game!  I came to a quote in the paper from Josh "Honestly, I thought I threw the ball away".  

This does not mean (from above) Josh was  "trying to throw the ball away".. And quite a bit different than the quote on the deceptive tweet you linked from Matthew Boyd saying "Josh Allen admits he wasn't trying to throw the ball to Dawson Knox...." - please don't post any more tweets from that jackwagon, like he is some kind of expert.

What Josh is meaning is he didn't think it was going to be caught.  If Josh had been trying to throw the ball away it would have been out of the end zone.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I just finished reading the Herald Tribune recap and coverage of the Bills game!  I came to a quote in the paper from Josh "Honestly, I thought I threw the ball away".  

This does not mean (from above) Josh was  "trying to throw the ball away".. And quite a bit different than the quote on the deceptive tweet you linked from Matthew Boyd saying "Josh Allen admits he wasn't trying to throw the ball to Dawson Knox...." - please don't post any more tweets from that jackwagon, like he is some kind of expert.

What Josh is meaning is he didn't think it was going to be caught.  If Josh had been trying to throw the ball away it would have been out of the end zone.

I thought the exact same thing.

He threw it right where he wanted to throw it and then made sure that Knox got the accolades he deserved.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.