Refreshing Honesty from QB1

JY422

During his press conference, Allen was asked about the first TD to Knox and after his typical, boyish sarcasm he straight up admitted he was trying to throw the ball away and didn’t even know why the crowd was cheering so loud until a few moments after the play. 
A follow up question was something like, “when that happened did you know it was going to be a special night” and without hesitation Josh said “oh yeah!” with a huge grin on his face. 

I just want to say how refreshing it is to see every Bills player, even our biggest star, live out the “Humble & Hungry” mantra of our HC. I really feel like the majority of QBs in this league would have had too much pride to admit they were throwing that ball away. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I don’t believe that to be the case.  If he was throwing it away he would have thrown it further out.  I think he was throwing it at a place where he knew no Pats player could have made a play and was genuinely surprised that Knox came down with it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I don’t believe that to be the case.  If he was throwing it away he would have thrown it further out.  I think he was throwing it at a place where he knew no Pats player could have made a play and was genuinely surprised that Knox came down with it.

He said otherwise …JA tells no lies :D 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

do not call josh a liar please 

• Haha (+1) 7

When I saw the ball going into the air, my first thought was that he was throwing it away.  The whole thing looked bizarre.  

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

This may be the case.  He could have easily thrown it out, yet it was in the perfect place for a circus grab. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think his body language post TD told the tale.

USUALLY…after a Allen Touchdown…Allen does what I guess you could describe as some body gyrations…muscle flexing or attempts at dancing.

after this one…he just stood there.

Which leaves me to believe at 98% he was throwing ball away and mildly shocked it was hauled in by Knox.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, JY422 said:

During his press conference, Allen was asked about the first TD to Knox and after his typical, boyish sarcasm he straight up admitted he was trying to throw the ball away and didn’t even know why the crowd was cheering so loud until a few moments after the play. 
A follow up question was something like, “when that happened did you know it was going to be a special night” and without hesitation Josh said “oh yeah!” with a huge grin on his face. 

I just want to say how refreshing it is to see every Bills player, even our biggest star, live out the “Humble & Hungry” mantra of our HC. I really feel like the majority of QBs in this league would have had too much pride to admit they were throwing that ball away. 

Go Bills!

It was a ball with a small chance being caught but most likely out the back of the end zone, so basically a throw away that Knox made an amazing play on. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JY422 said:

Go Bills!

I wonder if Kubeck in his Tuesday column will ding Allen for the lousy pass?

I believe him. When he tossed it I truly thought he was throwing it away. 

however the throw was still amazing because it was tossed in a way that either Knox makes a Dallas Clark type play or it floats out of bounds. 

kind of like throwing this away but at least in the direction of one of my players. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

USUALLY…after a Allen Touchdown…Allen does what I guess you could describe as some body gyrations…muscle flexing or attempts at dancing.

Which leaves me to believe at 98% he was throwing ball away and mildly shocked it was hauled in by Knox.

Perfect place and perfect trajectory.  He floated it. It wasn't like the Dwight Clark through that would have ended up in the 3rd row if he hadn't caught it.  (And btw, this week was the anniversary of that catch).

49 minutes ago, Magox said:

straight from the mouth of QB1

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1482590755835240448

Edited by JY422

13 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Josh Allen intimidates you…doesn’t he?  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I think something about me talking about the Buffalo Bills triggers you.

I think it’s just weird how you talk about Allen.  You also made the comment that Josh has self esteem issues because he flexes, ( on occasion) to celebrate scores.  What gives?  

Nothing about you talking about the bills triggers me.  I just enjoy calling you out on the nonsense you post. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I heard him say it too. He said that's why he didn't run down to the end zone and celebrate, he just walked toward the bench. He got hit as he threw it and assumed it was out the end zone.

I liked that he just came out and said it was a fluke, could have just as easily said it was intended, or that he was throwing it away but in an area where his guy could potentially jump and make a play

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, teef said:

I think it’s just weird how you talk about Allen.  You also made the comment that Josh has self esteem issues because he flexes, ( on occasion) to celebrate scores.  What gives?  

Nothing about you talking about the bills triggers me.  I just enjoy calling you out on the nonsense you post. 

I don’t think anything I said was off base.

the question of this post was was Allen throwing the ball away or not.

my “evidence” to that he was more or less throwing it away…was he seemed relatively unaware the touchdown happened.  And usually when Allen Scores…he is dancing, shaking or posing.  That’s not a call out.  It is literally what he does.  

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I don’t think anything I said was off base.

the question of this post was was Allen throwing the ball away or not.

my “evidence” to that he was more or less throwing it away…was he seemed relatively unaware the touchdown happened.  And usually when Allen Scores…he is dancing, shaking or posing.  That’s not a call out.  It is literally what he does.  

He’s celebrating a td like any athlete would, yet you try to place a strange spin on it.  You’re literally the only person I’ve heard speak in a strange way concerning his td celebrations.  So again…why do you feel Josh has self esteem issues is he celebrates.  You did make that comment.  

You also make the comment that bills fans are jealous of Lamar Jackson because he has an mvp.  You still think that’s the case too?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.