Fitz at the game?

Captain Caveman

35 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The fact that he showed in Buffalo to watch the game in the stands in zero degree confirms that he really loves Buffalo.  How great would it be for Fitz to finish his career out in Buffalo as Josh’s backup?

Part of me says cool - part of me shudders at that thought for JA17's sake.

• Like (+1) 1

What's not to love about an active roster player for ANOTHER NFL TEAM showing up in the stands and kind of cheering for Buffalo in a playoff game?

🤣

Reminds me of the time he was on the active roster of the Miami Dolphins and said publicly that the best fans in the NFL are in Buffalo.

🤣

👍

😍

• Like (+1) 2

I will always hold Fitz as one of my all time favorite players, but between the hip surgery, 17 YEARS in the league, and a not-great arm to begin with, I think his playing days are likely done. 

He has earned over $80 million in his career. I'm guessing he is ready to call it a day, and something tells me he will not be looking for a coaching or broadcasting gig. He's a guy that knows there's more to life than football. 

Awesome to see him shirtless in the stands, and it takes a lot of class for him to deal with all the fans and their photo ops. Amazing guy, I would love to see him retire a Bill, but I'm not sure there's anything left in the tank. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/sean-mcdermott-fitting-that-former-bills-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-celebrated-shirtles

Sean McDermott: 'Fitting' that former Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick celebrated shirtless at Highmark Stadium

"From what I know of Fitz it's fitting," McDermott told reporters. "I think it's awesome. For a guy that's been here and support the organization like that and be part of the environment. It's pretty cool."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, Success said:

Fitz has transcended into legend at this point.  I hear his name sometimes in the wind.  

And, of course, the beard.

I sometimes wake up and hear my beard whispering to his.  His beard is all beards' spirit animal.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I would love to have Fitz back here.  It’s obvious he isn’t taking JA’s job, there’s zero chance of it, he would be a true back up, if he’s cool with that reality at this point in his career, which one would think he would be, it would be great to have him here for the next couple years, assuming MT moves on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.