Fitz at the game?

Captain Caveman

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bring him in on the Offensive staff if he wants to coach. 

I do have a feeling Daboll and Dorsey are both coaching in other teams next year. Specially after last night. 

If Fitz wants to coach he will have an opportunity to coach in this league. I am not so sure he will want to coach. But if Mitch leaves in FA and Fitz wants to come here and finish out as Josh's backup then Beane needs to make it happen. Fitz has said himself he sees himself as a Bill when he reflects back on his career. This is the only place where a team ever committed to him for a period as "the guy". And while ultimately he wasn't good enough it was not for the want of trying.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I saw on Twitter someone talking about Fitzpatrick being in the stands last night as a fan, did anyone see it on the broadcast or see any pictures anywhere? 

IF that was really him, then he also had his shirt off at one point during the game. Are we sure it was actually him? Has he confirmed it anywhere?

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Fitz wants to coach he will have an opportunity to coach in this league. I am not so sure he will want to coach. But if Mitch leaves in FA and Fitz wants to come here and finish out as Josh's backup then Beane needs to make it happen. Fitz has said himself he sees himself as a Bill when he reflects back on his career. This is the only place where a team ever committed to him for a period as "the guy". And while ultimately he wasn't good enough it was not for the want of trying.

Josh is wonderful and I love him, but Fitz is the peoples’ QB

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fitzpatrick more likely will get a job in a front office with his background going to Harvard and a degree in Economics and is very, very bright.

There were 5 players at end of year on active NFL rosters at end of last year from Harvard.

PLAYER             TEAM                     POSITION
Larry Allen Jr.    Los Angeles Chargers     Guard
Cameron Brate      Tampa Bay Buccaneers     Tight End
Anthony Firkser    Tennessee Titans         Tight End
Kyle Juszczyk      San Francisco 49ers      Fullback
Tyler Ott          Seattle Seahawks         Long Snapper

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

IF that was really him, then he also had his shirt off at one point during the game. Are we sure it was actually him? Has he confirmed it anywhere?

Fitzpatrick, kids sit with fans to watch Bills-Pats*

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ryan-fitzpatrick-attends-bills-patriots-super-wildcard-game-kids

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like he was in or near the Clubs. I expect Trubisky to move on for a placeholder job where he can actually play. 

I’d love Fitz as the backup for a year or two before he retires then give him a job in something football around here since he clearly loves the area and has the professional and academic background . 

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get the Fitz love, but if I’m Beane I don’t want the curse of the Fitzpatrick anywhere near my starting QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

another reason to love this guy !  will retire a a Bill, maybe our backup one of these years ?

Beware the Fitzy jinx ;) 

(as a back up QB)

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha. Fitz going down week 1 when finally getting another shot as undisputed starter has surely broken the curse!!

Well he was named starter not BU so he cursed himself ;)

44 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Does that even count if your sitting under the heaters? ;)

BTW did he have all those chains on? ;) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.