Anyone get the feeling there is genuine dislike between McDermott and Hoodie?

78thealltimegreat

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

BB was a real jerk after the game.  McDermott was clearly trying to speak to him and BB just keeps walking and doesn't look back.

Agreed.  When McDermott said "don't give so much credit to BB, he didn't play" I thought there is no live liss there.

But the end result was awesome!

What a way to end the Pats season!

I didnt see anything egregious there 

47 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

BUT does Kraft want him back? 🤔 

Who wanted to get rid of Tammy and Jimmy G?

Who spent $160 Mil plus on the Defense?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32167432/will-new-england-patriots-see-results-spending-163-million-free-agency?platform=amp

The Patriots guaranteed $163 million in unrestricted free agency, which owner Robert Kraft has acknowledged is risky business

Well he is going to have to spend a lot more this off season.  He's got $27M as of now.

Free Agents he needs to sign and/or replace.

JC Jackson - Big money and may want to move on.

Devin McCourty

Dont'a Hightower

Ted Karras

Jacobi Meyers

....to name a few.

I keep saying he will want to go all in with money and picks next year.

He may leave New England a "scorched earth" when he is done.

41 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I hate to say this, for as terrible as that wind game was, we may have needed it.

it brought out emotions from McD that were needed for the first time this season. Can’t believe it took him that long to get locked in like he did, bc his post game conferences after losses till then were very mopey 

The wind game is also the game where BB told the world he didn't trust his quarterback. Yeah they won that game, but how'd it go after that?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well he is going to have to spend a lot more this off season.  He's got $27M as of now.

Free Agents he needs to sign and/or replace.

JC Jackson - Big money and may want to move on.

Devin McCourty

Dont'a Hightower

Ted Karras

Jacobi Meyers

....to name a few.

I keep saying he will want to go all in with money and picks next year.

He may leave New England a "scorched earth" when he is done.

Go for it - his drafts and free agent signings have pretty much sucked.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

It was only last season (when Bills hammered them in Foxborough) Belechick spent more time speaking to McDermott after a game than he has with any other coach ever.

Maybe now it’s clear the rabbit has the gun he might be a little more reluctant to give McD time. 

Yea. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just cold, upset and wanted to get in last night. Last year he definitely took the team in Gillette to embrace and congratulate McDermott. He did make a point in his perfunctory presser of saying the Bills were "very well coached"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

BB was a real jerk after the game.  McDermott was clearly trying to speak to him and BB just keeps walking and doesn't look back.

Agreed.  When McDermott said "don't give so much credit to BB, he didn't play" I thought there is no live liss there.

But the end result was awesome!

What a way to end the Pats season!

Belichek was humiliated

i dont really care for Belichick,   is he a great coach or did he cheat his way there through the rough times and eventually put together a well oiled machine that didnt need the "extra" help?   where theres smoke,  theres usually fire,  and much more that hasnt been uncovered imo.

he was crap b4 Brady,   hasnt been much better post Brady.

my take away from watching Bill not really want to talk to McD is,    hey gratz u won,  u lucked into a generational talent,  i had one,  owned your current team for 2 decades,  now i dont,  and i dont know if i have enough time to groom this current guy into a servicable winner before i decide to retire.  GG i guess.   gl with Mahomes.

nobody likes to lose,  and the guys who rarely lose,  hate it even more.    lets face facts here,  Bill wouldnt need to be meeting McD as the loser if Brady hadnt left,  and our Bills were still trotting out guys like Tyrod,  or Nate,  or, etc etc.   We are very fortunate that Josh has worked out,  nobody really knew what we were getting on draft day,  u never truly know.

Bill definitely respects Josh's talent tho,  hes shown it,  and actually verbally acknowledged it on more than one occasion.    the thing is tho,  Josh is a player,  McD, is a peer as a coach,   people treat others differently depending on their job titles.

i imagine that Bill is cordial enough with most people post season,  including McD.   not during the season tho, and especially not after a loss that crushing.

Edited by bigduke6

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

McDermott down plays it, but he's probably sick of hearing about Belichick and the Patriots since he's been hired here. Add to that, that he knows how the pats owned us for 20 straight years. So Ya, he probably wants to hand them their a$$ any time he can 

Absolutely love the way McD has handled the situation.  Even his first year you could tell he wasn't about the "kiss the rings", but unlike Rex he kept that fire internal and externally said the right boring things.  The exception being the way-overblown comment after the hurricane game where he wasnt about to call Bellicheat a genius just because the Bills didn't capitalize on so many chances to put the game away.  There's never been fear or worship - i like to believe he feels like a lot of us do about Bellicheat - F him - his time is done. 

Edited by stevewin

14 hours ago, Simon said:

It's either McDermott, Daboll or both of them.

That late endzone shot to Knox off playaction on the first play of the drive followed immediately by the tackle eligible TD was a pretty serious FU.:lol:

I was in a group text with some friends from high school and said the same thing.

16 hours ago, wjag said:

I think NFL coaches end of game persona should not be judged in the moment.  Coaches hate losing.  Coaches hate being embarrassed.  But they are in a small fraternity with a very short shelf life for many.  I think they respect each other.  They know how much time and effort is expended each week to put that product on the field.  We fans can't begin to appreciate the time, effort and stress they are under.  And it's a billion times worse now with the internet and electronic media that is out there now judging your every facial expression.

I strongly disagree with the bolded. Belichick (and Brady, because eff him) have shown to be both sore losers AND sore winners (used to run up the score relentlessly back in the day, plus their post-game lack of sportsmanship is well-documented).

How the LEADER of a multi-billion dollar sports franchise conducts himself following wins AND losses matters tremendously to the culture surrounding the NFL. You just know their "alleged" legacy of subversion and "competitive advantage" has merit when they reveal themselves incapable of handling defeats with any modicum of class or maturity. They truly don't believe they should ever lose, based in part on their pervasive campaigns of finding every possible competitive edge, rules be damned. Toxic competitiveness is a thing. Which is why rules and regulations, and enforcement, are so essential. 

I should also stress: I think Belichick is the best defensive mind in NFL history, and truly does respect the sport on a macro-level. I generally find his curmudgeonly act to be amusing. But make no mistake, he's a ruthless doosh whose hatred for losing can rob the sport of its joy.

Edited by Richard Noggin

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

YES. I wrote about that in detail somewhere on this board last night, not sure where.

BB totally minimized the loss best he could in his post game PC; Sean McDermott totally minimized the win "no big deal, just 1 game, more to do" in his PC...

And their post-game "hand shake moment" was a virtual flyby in which BB MAYBE said "Congratulations" and keep walking...he never really stopped walking...and he looked away quickly.

I would go so far to say THEY HATE EACH OTHER.

GOOD!  

This is the stuff of rivalries.

Well, yeah.. but what the camera didn’t show was Sean pissing on Bills’ leg as he walked past. So…

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.