For those who attended The Perfect Game live..

QB Bills

1 hour ago, sodbuster said:

Greatest game I've ever been to. I started tailgating at about 12, felt pretty good all day.

I think the biggest reaction to a play was the Levi Wallace interception coming out of halftime. The crowd came entirely unglued. I think thats when everybody realized there was no hoodie black magic happening.

There were some empty seats in the upper deck, but I think a lot of them were people who bought the cheapest seats available and moved into the lower bowl bleacher sections where they had friends sitting. There were a lot of people in my section that I didn't recognize smashed into the seats of season ticket holders who were also there. Not that big of a deal. It's not like anybody sat down all night anyway.

It also appeared that the entire stadium was simply bent on standing for 3 hours watching the Bills and they all appeared to be very closely huddled together.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, QB Bills said:

First of all, kudos to you for braving the elements. You certainly were rewarded. I'm sure I'm not alone in now regretting not going. 

How was the experience? Was it as cold and uncomfortable as had been forewarned?

How many empty seats? For all the talk of the game not selling out, it sure looked like a full house from the broadcast.

Any other interesting tidbits?

And yes, I'm trying to get "The Perfect Game" to become a thing. 

I couldn’t find any noticeable areas of empty seats even with the game in hand in the 3rd/4th quarters.  I was layered up nice and didn’t really feel cold at all…the feet got a little cold but I put a couple of those hand warmers in my boots which helped.  Couldn’t really tell how many pats fans there were because their jerseys look pretty similar to ours from long distance 😂 didn’t seem to be too many though.  They seem to insist on buying the red jerseys and we also have red jerseys of course haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

what they say about the concrete getting cold is no joke.  I had two pairs of socks on plus a handwarmer in the toe area of each of my boots and my toes were still pretty numb by the start of the 2nd half.  Had feeling again once I was back in the lots after the game.

Other than that, all good!   I wore gym shorts, heavyish cotton pajama pants and snow pants on my legs, and a long-sleeved T, hoodie, and winter jacket (nothing fancy, got it at Target for under $50) as my torso layer. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

My voice I pretty horse this morning. Not a single defensive play where every bills fans around were not screaming their heart out. I probably saw a total of 6 or 7 Pats* fans around my section. One was behind us in a group of 3 bills fans, one pats* fan, and they were giving the pats fan s*** the whole game. One of the fans next to us snuck in 4 meatball subs, and gave one to me in the 4th quarter. Not sure if it was the sub, or the sweet taste of victory, but best meatball sub I’ve had in my life.

LOL.  someone should start a “what were you able to sneak into the game?” thread.

So far, I got:

— 50mL “mini” of vodka

— 4 meatball subs (exact size unknown)

— ***** (exact size unknown)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It looked really packed. Actually not as many pats fans as normal.

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing as many of them making the trip for some time to come. For one thing, even if they wanted to, they wouldn’t be able to get tickets. 

Edited by BRH

Game and atmosphere was in incredible.

Got to the lot later than usual.  Don’t grill like we usually do, had subs.  Traffic was pretty rough coming in via 290, 190, 219.  

Lot was really cold.  Was dresses for it.  Layered and wore my brand new Carhartt Yukon jacket.  Was not warm, but with the temps wasn’t cold.  Lot was electric.  People were having a great time!

Covid check and gates were the worst I’ve seen.   Missed the player intros but saw Thurman and Jim.  Really great!  Best “Where else would you want to be than right here, right now!”  Brought me chills!!

Crowd was absolutely amazing!  Everyone was having a great time. You could tell the team was feeding off the crowd.  Every defensive play was awesome as the crowd was into it.  Level of crowd noise was pretty consistent throughout.  Was awesome to hear the crowd reaction to all our good plays.  Man the crowd was so tuned in!  Loved watching pats fans who are usually have some sort of snarky comment walk around with their heads down.  Nice!

It was the best event I’ve ever been to. Crowd was amazing and so into the game.  Everyone was having so much fun!  Was incredible watching the interactions between all the fans!  Truly amazing!  Was so freaking amazing!

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We had lunch at a bar downtown and got to the game at 430.  We joined a great tailgate with tents and space heaters. I was actually too hot at one point, had to shed layers.  Titos and touchdowns powered me through the game, I didn't feel cold at all. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The real question is would it have been nearly as epic in a dome?  I can’t imagine it would have.

Congrats to those of you who were there - this expat is supremely jealous.

It would have been just as epic either way.........just maybe louder.

But this was,  IMO the second best weather game of the entire season next to the Washington game........sunny in the afternoon........clear and beautiful at night.

Anyone can dress for dry, cold, no precipitation,  no wind............can't really get comfortable in the heat of the preseason game or the wet, windy sh*t we had all year.

Gotta' schedule all Bills playoff games with a mostly full moon.;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chris in MD said:

It was electric from start to finish.  Sat next to @Shaw66 and really enjoyed talking to him during the game.   I was at the 51-3 AFCG against the Raiders and this game rivaled it.  I’m still processing how good Josh and the offense were…complete domination of the Patriots and their defensive mastermind.

To me it felt like the beat down the Bills gave Shula in his last game..........which was also the last home playoff game we won with a full house of fans.

This Pats team was built on a huge free agent class just like that Dolphins team.    

Hope Belichick and Kraft have a falling out and he goes to NYG so this is the lasting memory.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I was at both games, the Raiders game may have been better because it sent us to the Super Bowl, but last night was close because it was the Pats.

I also was at the Steelers game in 1991 52-34 game where Kelly and offense had more yardage.  Thst was a fun game where Steelers fans were in the stadium. In 4 th quarter stand fights broke out all over.

Marv wouldn’t have tried to get the last two TDs like Allen able to do so it’s hard to compare.  It’s hard to compare.

One of the best home games I've ever been to. The others were Bills Raiders coldest game ever, Bills stop Marino TD streak, and Biscuit's first game against Denver, and the comeback win over the Raiders by Fitz. 

It was dam cold. I was in 230 row 7. Heater right over head. Stood the entire game. Feet and face got cold but otherwise not bad. I did not see an empty seat in the entire place. Could not have been even 1% Patriots fan. 

Club food was a disappointment again. Beef on week was cold, hot dog terrible, and French fries were ok. They could serve similar food but it could be prepared so much better. Arizona has best club I've ever been to. Jets and Seahawks are good too. Oakland was the worst ever.  I've not been to Dallas or LA to comment on their club but I suspect it is good.

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Game and atmosphere was in incredible.

Got to the lot later than usual.  Don’t grill like we usually do, had subs.  Traffic was pretty rough coming in via 290, 190, 219.  

Lot was really cold.  Was dresses for it.  Layered and wore my brand new Carhartt Yukon jacket.  Was not warm, but with the temps wasn’t cold.  Lot was electric.  People were having a great time!

Covid check and gates were the worst I’ve seen.   Missed the player intros but saw Thurman and Jim.  Really great!  Best “Where else would you want to be than right here, right now!”  Brought me chills!!

Crowd was absolutely amazing!  Everyone was having a great time. You could tell the team was feeding off the crowd.  Every defensive play was awesome as the crowd was into it.  Level of crowd noise was pretty consistent throughout.  Was awesome to hear the crowd reaction to all our good plays.  Man the crowd was so tuned in!  Loved watching pats fans who are usually have some sort of snarky comment walk around with their heads down.  Nice!

It was the best event I’ve ever been to. Crowd was amazing and so into the game.  Everyone was having so much fun!  Was incredible watching the interactions between all the fans!  Truly amazing!  Was so freaking amazing!

Agree Covid and gates were terrible

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

You guys who went to the game better save your  ticket stubs. They may be worth some money 30 years from now

It's a shame none of them will have ticket stubs! 

Historic ticket stubs are cool and only get better with age.

So much for "progress."

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.