For those who attended The Perfect Game live..

QB Bills

First of all, kudos to you for braving the elements. You certainly were rewarded. I'm sure I'm not alone in now regretting not going. 

How was the experience? Was it as cold and uncomfortable as had been forewarned?

How many empty seats? For all the talk of the game not selling out, it sure looked like a full house from the broadcast.

Any other interesting tidbits?

And yes, I'm trying to get "The Perfect Game" to become a thing. 

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Had a blast. We've all longed for the day it was our turn to pound them senseless in front of a national audience in a meaningful game. Tonight was that night, and hopefully the first of many.

My first Bills game was at the War Memorial. This was the best Bills game I've ever attended.

I was actually fine with the cold. Growing up here, I knew how to dress for it. 6 layers up top, 4 below, 3 pairs of socks, balaclava and two hats.

My only complaint was my feet getting cold from the concrete. But it was so, so worth it....

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 4

It was prolly the best home game I've ever attended, and I've been to a lot. The cold wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I never got uncomfortable once. I did get chilly a few times, but the adrenaline quickly took care of that. And the highlight of the night for me was getting to meet William Fichtner. He was tailgating in lot 1 and I recognized him on my way back from the porta shitter. I got to take a picture with him. Great guy!! He had to put a facemask on before the picture, but I'm still not sure if that was for Covid safety or because I had just left the dumper.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Had a blast. We've all longed for the day it was our turn to pound them senseless in front of a national audience in a meaningful game. Tonight was that night, and hopefully the first of many.

My first Bills game was at the War Memorial. This was the best Bills game I've ever attended.

I was actually fine with the cold. Growing up here, I knew how to dress for it. 6 layers up top, 4 below, 3 pairs of socks, balaclava and two hats.

My only complaint was my feet getting cold from the concrete. But it was so, so worth it....

25 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

It was prolly the best home game I've ever attended, and I've been to a lot. The cold wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I never got uncomfortable once. I did get chilly a few times, but the adrenaline quickly took care of that. And the highlight of the night for me was getting to meet William Fichtner. He was tailgating in lot 1 and I recognized him on my way back from the porta shitter. I got to take a picture with him. Great guy!! He had to put a facemask on before the picture, but I'm still not sure if that was for Covid safety or because I had just left the dumper.

what play received the best crowd reaction?

Great experience.........one of the top 5 home games in Bills history.    I just got home,   waiting for nyquil to kick in.

Cold was no problem if decently prepared.    Wore no cover on my face and didn't need to.   Spectacular, crisp,  full-moon night.   No wind, no problem.   Put vaseline on feet,  one pair normal socks,  one pair insulated, hot hands toe warmers on each side........4 pairs long underwear and snow pants.......several undershirts,  a hoodie,  Bills T shirt over hoodie and open winter jacked and a winter hat and light mittens.   Hoods down.    It wasn't bad at all and I consumed no alcohol so no nerve blocks.

Never felt cold except  for a few minutes where the ice cold concrete(as @MattM mentioned) got into the cheap slide-on $20 snow boots I picked up yesterday at Wal Mart but I just stood with one heal off the ground back and forth for about 10 minutes and the warmers got my feet toasty again.   I forgot the cardboard I intended to bring in for the concrete.

Got to gate at 8:01...........line was long but fast.........got to seat about 2 minutes before kickoff.

Got to tailgate at 3:45........our group set up 6 tents and tarped 3 sides and we had a 220K btu salamander so the tailgate was about 55 degrees per thermometer under the tent but lot's of us just mingled around the open yard and we had a good burn barrel going to(the lot was pretty full and people were clearly tailgating much earlier than us on the drive in to OP)...........about 25-30 people at our own tailgate..........burgers, dogs, pulled pork, garlic salt potatoes,  meatballs,  Pizza Oven(Lockport) pizza and Paula's donuts and hot Tim Horton's coffee and hot chocolate.........had first game on the antenna............it was a great tailgate........finally no wind or rain.  

Second tailgate lasted til about 1:30 am..........got home about 3.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 9

2 hours ago, MattM said:

I love balaclava but I did not remember eating it would help against the cold.

I will need to get some next time I go to a game.

My foot was swollen so badly I could not get my boot on Saturday morning; no chance of driving 8 hours to Buffalo.

Foot.png

This is not what is meant about putting your best foot forward.

Those who attended game I commend for your support of the Bills. Your support made a difference in the win.

Trophy-Case.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

what play received the best crowd reaction?

Actually I think the Dawson Knox stiff arm drew the biggest noise from my section. He planted that dude. But the crowd was on point all night. Never sat down and made serious noise all night. I actually think all the high-fiving in my area is what kept me from freezing too much. 

On a side note, after hearing how many Pats fans were supposedly gonna show up, because of the cheap tickets, I didn't notice that many at all. Saw more during the MNF game. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It was an incredible night and well worth braving the elements for.  I really didn't feel too cold but I obviously bundled up in layers and knew how to dress for it.  The weather was much worse for the Colts and First game against the Pats this year IMO.  The tailgate scene was really cool because there were Bonfires and Huge Space Heaters all over the parking lots and lots of people with TV's hooked up to watch the first game.  For me there was a sense of pride in attending this one and I enjoyed reading some funny comments from people on Facebook who were content with watching the game from their warm homes(nothing wrong with that) and giving props to all the Crazies that we're out at the stadium.  

We had such a great time tailgating we were actually late packing things up and I missed the player introductions and Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly leading the charge so I was disappointed in that but only missed about the first minute or so of actual action.

The game itself, what else can be said?  The Bills showed up big time and it felt like two plus decades worth of abuse at the hands of the Patriots was avenged.  I myself couldn't help but to think about being in the stadium at the miserable 2007 Pats game where they put 55 on us.  It felt like this was payback time finally.  The energy was electric pretty much throughout the whole game.  Most people stayed right until the end and gave the players a well earned standing ovation.  For all the talk about the stadium was gonna be full of empty seats from my eye test I'd say they were completely wrong.  Stadium looked like a full house and there really weren't many Patriots fans there at all.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm 65, and like the Bills I had two containers of hot Chicken Noodle Soup. (I think the Bills had broth). kept me (And my face) warm through the 3rd quarter when it finally cooled off. Wasn't sure I could get the soup containers through security but he didn't even look at my bag. My 11th playoff game, and the 2nd best (Nothing can top the Oilers miracle game). Crowd was right up there with as loud as I've heard. Probably loudest for the Samuels TD catch. One of the best passes I've ever seen! Extremely unlikely, but if the Steelers somehow upset the Chief's. Me and the wife will be back next weekend. It couldn't be any colder? Something special about the Bills right now!  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.