Was this the best performance from a Bills offense we've ever seen?

Draconator

4:53 in the morning and STILL can’t sleep in ATL. What a spectacular performance by the Bills. Hopeful this type of performance gives them the confidence and momentum to run the table! Competition is only going to get harder. 100% Steeler fan for tomorrow!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1

Thats was by far the best game I have ever witnessed. Such an entertaining game. Stressfree, i was able yo just sit back and enjoy the game. No mini heart attacks, no screaming at the tv or throwing my phone. No bad mouthing the refs…

I enjoy watching non-bills football at times because i am not vested. I don’t have an emotional connection to it so i get to just watch the game and it’s like i see so much more. That’s what tonight felt like. That was entirely the most stress free Buffalo Bills game I have ever seen. It was a work of art. Have never seen anything like it

• Like (+1) 1

7 for 7 is simply incredible - as I told my 27 year old son - he may never see that perfect a game by the Bills (or any team) again.  I think the 1st half of last nights game and the 2nd half of the comeback game were the two best halves the Bills have ever played on all sides of the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

I've been on this journey since early in the OJ years.  This was the most impressive single game offensive performance that I've witnessed.  Holy freaking cow!  The 51-3 game was amazing too.  By halftime, we knew we were heading to our first Super Bowl.  The no punt game was a cool thing, but it wasn't this.  The comeback?  Great too, but Buffalo sucked for an entire half, plus throwing a pick 6 to start the second half in order to set up the magic.  

Not one of those games were this.  This was a long time coming.  This was a massive, long awaited catharsis for an entire region of football fans.  This game was different on so many levels.  It was done in arctic weather.  It was, beautifully, even poetically set against our greatest nemesis.  And we just jammed the football, sideways... into  every dark, crusty, surly, decaying and painfully raw from the cold body part that miserable old man on the other sideline tried to hide from the onslaught.  And then just because we could, tore him a few new ones just to see the humiliation and horror in his eyes.  (Yes, there is a dark spot in my soul that has gone untreated for 20 years).  It's better this morning.  The house just fell on the wicked witch and Josh Allen was that house.

This beats chasing Shula into retirement in 95.  Maybe Belichick follows Shula's example?  But best of all it was just total mastery of offensive football.  There was nothing flukey about it.  No gift TD's, no pick 6 to inflate the score, and no denying the dominance.   They could have done this as long as they wanted.  It was a work of football art.  Daboll, we will miss you.  But there is enough foundation here, that things will remain very good.

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I saw that Josh had an almost perfect passer rating…..how did he NOT have a perfect passer rating?? More touchdowns than incompletions! No incompletions the entire second half! 

I truly don’t get how they calculate some of these things 

I have no idea how that isn't a perfect rating. Sometimes it is yards per attempt but we were over 12..... no idea what more he could have done.

Edited by GunnerBill

This was a playoff game, not just a regular season game.  That means the other team is a contender, they are fighting for their lives, and this particular team boasted a top 5 D all year.  

The Bills dismantled them like they were playing a high school team.  That was epic. It might be the best offensive performance ever, forget about just the Bills.

I'll call it a tie with the 51-3 AFCCG game, and that takes nothing away from this game at all (obviously).  Both were absolutely amazing performances. 

For fun, I highly recommend that any younger Bills fans that aren't familiar with the 51-3 game, check it out on Youtube.  The Raiders talked trash all week going into the game and if I'm not mistaken, they had to take a timeout on the opening possession because the Bills already had them out of breath.

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have no idea how that isn't a perfect rating. Sometimes it is yards per attempt but we were over 12..... no idea what more he could have done.

How throwing a 1 yard TD decreases your passing rating is literally insane.  

There are so many issues with passer rating and QBR that sometimes they cannot be used to tell the true story.  They can give impressions of performance, but considering there have been perfect passing ratings in games where the QB was worse means they should not be used for true ranking of performance.

A player like Eli got a 158.3 for a 8 for 10 game for 173 yards and 2 TDs - no way was that performance better than what JA did today, but there are some all time greats on the list.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.