Kyle Brandt mid game tweets

Virgil

On 1/16/2022 at 12:14 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Belicheck may very well retire after this. Having to deal with JA17 dominating like this in the division might be too much to deal with. They spent a ton and are nowhere near the Bills level of talent and execution.

Don’t get too far Ahead.    Been a bills fan since ‘63, went to two SB’s and watched them lose 4 with multiple hof players , coaches , and even front office personnel!  That was the BEST BILLS performance I have ever seen , even better than the 51-3 win over the Raiders headed to SB 25!   So all these years , and that game felt like a once in a lifetime experience!  It all came together, even the breaks ( pats had wide open guys dripping balls) , the lack of flags , the lack of turnovers etc in one glorious night!  

BB knows the NFL NOW has FA, AND A CAP!  It’s built to change from year to year so teams do go from worst to first and vice versa.  He is not stuck with Jones , who happened to drop to him in the first round. It’s not like they blew draft capital going after the guy!  Did you ever think you would see Brady in Tampa!  Things happen and change happens to the best teams quickly!   Yes , we have JA17 and that gives us an edge for awhile.  What happens if Watson or Wilson somehow end up with the pats!?  Could happen !  The bucs are incredibly lucky to have all their guys back but for how long ,  and injuries etc can derail a year or more.  Bb will not want to leave with TB having won a SB and BB not even sniffing another one ; otherwise for all time the pats SB successes will be associated with BRADY PREDOMINANTLY, and I don’t see Bb going oit that way esp after the worst playoff defeat of his career.  Don’t minimize anger and narcissism as driving factors !   

I am just saying if a guy doesn’t go out on top after winning 6 SB’s , it’s pretty unlikely one horrible loss will make him end his career !  He lives for football. Kraft or someone will have to force him to quit. Every year now in the nfl is a fresh start.  He can build a pretty good D with FA; whose to say he won’t upgrade Qb at some point and the billls will have to adapt to life without daboll and Frazier soon most likely,  and sanders / possibly beasly will need replacements as well.  That’s the current NFL, so BB I think never goes away completely empty handed.  Maybe he lucks into one last SB or afc championship and then leaves.  He still has his health.  If that changes he will quit , but otherwise he still has to prove  all  that winning didn’t happen  just having Brady as his qb!  

He won’t quit until he is sure he has proven the world knows that as a fact!  The cap changes all the time. He will always have $ to spend. He only has to get it right one more season and I don’t think he walks until that happens or his health dictates his fate!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Don’t get too far Ahead.    Been a bills fan since ‘63, went to two SB’s and watched them lose 4 with multiple hof players , coaches , and even front office personnel!  That was the BEST BILLS performance I have ever seen , even better than the 51-3 win over the Raiders headed to SB 25!   So all these years , and that game felt like a once in a lifetime experience!  It all came together, even the breaks ( pats had wide open guys dripping balls) , the lack of flags , the lack of turnovers etc in one glorious night!  

BB knows the NFL NOW has FA, AND A CAP!  It’s built to change from year to year so teams do go from worst to first and vice versa.  He is not stuck with Jones , who happened to drop to him in the first round. It’s not like they blew draft capital going after the guy!  Did you ever think you would see Brady in Tampa!  Things happen and change happens to the best teams quickly!   Yes , we have JA17 and that gives us an edge for awhile.  What happens if Watson or Wilson somehow end up with the pats!?  Could happen !  The bucs are incredibly lucky to have all their guys back but for how long ,  and injuries etc can derail a year or more.  Bb will not want to leave with TB having won a SB and BB not even sniffing another one ; otherwise for all time the pats SB successes will be associated with BRADY PREDOMINANTLY, and I don’t see Bb going oit that way esp after the worst playoff defeat of his career.  Don’t minimize anger and narcissism as driving factors !   

I am just saying if a guy doesn’t go out on top after winning 6 SB’s , it’s pretty unlikely one horrible loss will make him end his career !  He lives for football. Kraft or someone will have to force him to quit. Every year now in the nfl is a fresh start.  He can build a pretty good D with FA; whose to say he won’t upgrade Qb at some point and the billls will have to adapt to life without daboll and Frazier soon most likely,  and sanders / possibly beasly will need replacements as well.  That’s the current NFL, so BB I think never goes away completely empty handed.  Maybe he lucks into one last SB or afc championship and then leaves.  He still has his health.  If that changes he will quit , but otherwise he still has to prove  all  that winning didn’t happen  just having Brady as his qb!  

He won’t quit until he is sure he has proven the world knows that as a fact!  The cap changes all the time. He will always have $ to spend. He only has to get it right one more season and I don’t think he walks until that happens or his health dictates his fate!  

It's a fair and valid point. But he's going on 70 and it's not like he's a player or two away from competing for a SB. Plus it's not just Josh in the division to worry about. There's Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, and Jackson who are all better than Mac Jones. Heck, even Tua's beaten him 2x this year😂. Even if he stays its gonna take a serious shift in talent in NE and it's not like everyone else is gonna sit back and wait. Personally, I hope he's gone...

47 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's a fair and valid point. But he's going on 70 and it's not like he's a player or two away from competing for a SB. Plus it's not just Josh in the division to worry about. There's Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, and Jackson who are all better than Mac Jones. Heck, even Tua's beaten him 2x this year😂. Even if he stays its gonna take a serious shift in talent in NE and it's not like everyone else is gonna sit back and wait. Personally, I hope he's gone...

I'd be surprised if he is gone this year. I think he coaches two more seasons personally. The thing you have to know about a guy like Belichick, losing drives him more than winning does. I have seen and experienced both types of coaches in my life both as a soccer player and a coach myself. Some, once they are not winning, struggle to find the inner drive to rake through the crap to find a way. Defeat depresses them. Others are totally driven by defeat and the challenge of finding the response. My analysis of Belichick (albeit from afar and just listening to him and reading about him) is that he fits into the latter camp. When I played semi-pro soccer I played for a club where the coach had been there 4 or 5 years and had won three consecutive titles (I was there for the last two) and then the following season we finished 3rd. When the next pre-season began I had never seen the guy so energised. It was almost as though he loved not winning because it gave him something to fix. They actually finished 2nd that year (I left the club early season because I moved to London), but they came 2nd that year and then were champions again the following year. At which point he got a job with a pro club. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2022 at 10:54 AM, billsfan89 said:

Billy B never spent big on free agency until last off-season. He also didn't go to the discount bin for Bourne and Algholor. Algholor was signed to a deal giving him 13 million a season and Bourne was given just over 7 million a season. Granted Algholor was a bust and Bourne turned out good (so mixed results) but the point is that the Pats have been acting out of character this past off-season and I think that Billy B is going to try and take advantage of having a QB on a rookie deal. The Pats will have about 40-50 million in cap space going into the off-season with 45ish players on the roster. They can likely resign JC Jackson and one or two of their other veteran players while still having enough money left over for rookies/emergencies and for a significant acquisition. 

That's enough to go "big game hunting" either via trade or via free agency. Looking at the 2022 free agency class and I am seeing a some quality WR's on the market. Devante Adams leads the class but I think he follows Rodgers but after Adams there are still some very good WR's on the market. Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson and Odell (although I don't think Odell wants to play with such a young QB nor does he fit with the culture/team) not sure where else they can go via trade but I could see the Pats trying to go after Godwin/Williams/Robinson to give Mac Jones some more fire power on the outside. 

Looking at the Pats I think they go the route of using the draft to sure up the foundation of the defense and adding an injection of talent at WR via free agency to try and make another run with Jones on his rookie deal. Will it work? I don't think so but if they have any hope of competing that's what they need to do.

Uh, no. 

The very first NE SB winning team was loaded with mid priced free agents.  Not a lot of big names but he singed lots of veterans to that team.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, GunnerBill said:

I'd be surprised if he is gone this year. I think he coaches two more seasons personally. The thing you have to know about a guy like Belichick, losing drives him more than winning does. I have seen and experienced both types of coaches in my life both as a soccer player and a coach myself. Some, once they are not winning, struggle to find the inner drive to rake through the crap to find a way. Defeat depresses them. Others are totally driven by defeat and the challenge of finding the response. My analysis of Belichick (albeit from afar and just listening to him and reading about him) is that he fits into the latter camp. When I played semi-pro soccer I played for a club where the coach had been there 4 or 5 years and had won three consecutive titles (I was there for the last two) and then the following season we finished 3rd. When the next pre-season began I had never seen the guy so energised. It was almost as though he loved not winning because it gave him something to fix. They actually finished 2nd that year (I left the club early season because I moved to London), but they came 2nd that year and then were champions again the following year. At which point he got a job with a pro club. 

FWIW, I agree about Belichick being motivated by losing.  

But at some point the wherewithal falls short

On 1/15/2022 at 10:14 PM, billsbackto81 said:

Belicheck may very well retire after this.

Never!

In the great "who deserves more credit, Brady or Belichick?' derby, it's now Brady ahead by a Secretariat at the Belmont type lead.  And it gets worse if, heaven forbid, Brady gets another ring. Egotist that he is, he's gonna have one more big move left with Kraft's manipulations before he hangs it up.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At a certain point you've got to see the Bills with Josh Allen as a big ass wall, that you've somehow got to rebuild your team to get over, and he's about to be 70. Plus when has he ever really done this early 2000s? against what competition back then?

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yea absolutely and he is almost 70. I think his time is coming to an end but I don't think he is the type to go on the back of a beatdown like that. I still 2 more seasons feels about his lot. 

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Kyle Brandt picked the Bills to lose that game! 

He said the Patriots would dominate us!

Now he's all in on the Bills after the game?

F that guy!

Not sure where you saw that, all 4 of them picked the Bills.  It is even still up on their Twitter from last week.  Kyle picked the Bills to win.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.