1/15/22 WC PLAYOFFS Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

5 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Josh apparently said postgame that he meant to throw the first TD pass away and didn't realize Knox caught it at first.

Thank you for posting that.  When I saw him throw the ball he looked like he was throwing it away and I wondered if it was intentional...

• Like (+1) 1

• BuffaloBill changed the title to 1/15/22 WC PLAYOFFS Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Patriots fans looking like James Coburn today after Josh Allen just pulled a Porter on their finest men.  Love that this is the Pay Back Straight Up Angie Dickinson cut I do believe.  They wanted to end it like Westlake had wanted too before being talked out of it killing Parker (Porter).

The Afterglow..  Can we put an active player up on the wall of fame while he is still playing?

1. I still can't believe what we watched.  That beat down of the Patriots is so cathartic.  

2. Oh the irony.  Hey NE how does it feel to be beaten by a TE?

3. Micah, have a game!!!

4. TBass-- get right man, we need you

5. Josh Allen -- I love you Josh Allen

6. The Bills OLINE -- Take a bow

7. Devin my man..  You just put the scare into the rest of the NFL and destroyed the narrative

8. That deep pass to Diggs was sick...

9. Tommy Doyle and E Sanders apparently got their first playoff TDs in the same game..  How crazy is that.  Heard that somewhere tonight.  Crazy if true.

10. For all the beat writers that picked NE to beat Buffalo because of their coach, sit down

11. Mac Jones took his beat down like a man.  Kid showed me some resiliency tonight.  His arm strength is definitely questionable, but he played to last minute.

12. I was actually rooting for NE to score so Buffalo did not have to run out the clock and punt.  

13. The Bills DLINE was pushing back that pocket all night..  What a clinic.

14. I think we came out of the game healthy too.

15. 21-25 for 308, 65 yards rushing and 5 TDs, no Sacks, No INTs, No fumbles

16. 7 drives, 7 TDs what an astonishing achievement

17. Isiah again with a monster game for the Little Man.

18. Loved the Star sack.  He swallowed Jones.

19. Don't look now NFL, but Buffalo appears to have fixed it's run defense ever since Harry starts next to Eddy O.

20. Come on Steelers, I don't expect you to win, but soften up 15 and company.

21. Josh Allen cemented his reputation as a big deal tonight and joined the NFL Mount Rushmore of Rodgers, Brady and Mahommes.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, singlezero said:

I  wonder if Allen  took  Bart Scotts  advice.

the  biggest  scare  in  the game was  the    return  by  Hyde.  How  he  maintained  control   holding  on  to  the  ball  with  arm  extended    the  entire  run   ,  was lucky

why was that a big scare and lucky? Hyde has great hands and a really smart player. It was a great play, not scary at all...at least for me

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mac Jones came to play imo. His teammates didn’t help him. I don't think the moment was too big for him. He's going to be pretty good. I just don't know what his cieling is, but his floor is pretty high.

They need WRs

7 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

JK no doubt gets a lifetime angry run award.

A Lifetime Achievement Angry Run sceptor?  That’s deserving and AWESOME! Giterdone, Kyle!

7 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Has anyone complained it should have been 49-17 if Bass had a good game? Lol.

A couple morons. I’ve already collected up their fan cards and tbd memberships. We good😉👍

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

He is a liar.  Probably just did it for cheap publicity

I dunno. I just saw him sitting on a street corner, holding a cardboard sign and a tin can..

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

why was that a big scare and lucky? Hyde has great hands and a really smart player. It was a great play, not scary at all...at least for me

He also glides when he runs.  It doesn't look like he has any real speed, but his strides are so effortless and all of a sudden you realize he is 30 yards down field.  Shame on his near KR TD, he was tripped by friendly fire.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Going into yesterday AND hearing the no wind weather forecast, I was not concerned in the slightest about the Cheatriots!

* I bet the Bills to win the SB before the game.

* I bet a 2 team Parlay with the Bungies yesterday! 👍

* I took the Bills & Over in 2 Bills including picking the highest Over # in one of them. (You must pick and exact number in that one)

In short, I EXPECTED an easy W against the Patsies. (My buddy, last week would of been happy to face Josh Allen’s counterpart in the AFC-W (the Chargers. I absolutely did not want that matchup.)

I trusted that Josh Allen AND his surrounding cast, were miles better than that insipid, noodle arm in New England!

MILES BETTER!

NOT, ALL TIME HISTORIC, NEVER, EVER SEEN BEFORE, IN THE NFL BETTER! But miles better!

And after watching almost an entire millennium of embarrassing beat downs by the Cheatriots- home & away, I wanted this exorcism game EXACTLY as transpired! I wanted to have Josh on the gas pedal every moment, pouring it on, humiliating them! 

Josh sensed it, McD sensed it, Daboll sensed it and a frozen packed house revelled in every moment, for the 1000 food who could not be there!

Who new, it would be beyond our wildest dreams!

Congrats to all!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

He also glides when he runs.  It doesn't look like he has any real speed, but his strides are so effortless and all of a sudden you realize he is 30 yards down field.  Shame on his near KR TD, he was tripped by friendly fire.

It was Dodson's legs that Hyde tripped over ;)

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His reaction was so strange that I thought he was hurt. He didn't celebrate or anything, just started walking back to the huddle. I love how he explained it. 

I think he was just being modest.

He would have thrown it harder or higher if his intent was to throw it away.

He wants Knox to get the credit for an amazing catch which he deserves.

Josh is McD's poster child for Humble and Hungry :)

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I believe Josh is being humble here. If he was just trying to throw it away, don’t you think he would’ve thrown it in the stands instead of lobbing it with such touch

You beat me by seconds on virtually the same post :)

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I think he was just being modest.

He would have thrown it harder or higher if his intent was to throw it away.

He wants Knox to get the credit for an amazing catch which he deserves.

Josh is McD's poster child for Humble and Hungry :)

You beat me by seconds on virtually the same post :)

Watch his reaction after the TD. He acted like he had no idea they just scored.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.