What a Massive beat down!

PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

I wanna know where that .7 deduction came from? FFS, he had more TD passes than incompletions for crissakes. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Maybe I am spoiled watching Josh throw the ball so much better. 

We are definitely spoiled. To the point I think we take some of the amazing things Josh does on a game to game basis for granted because he makes it look so damn easy all the time. I mean, it just isn’t

8 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Not every throw needs to be a zipped fast ball. And I have seen Jones throw some horrible passes before.

You are right. That first pass to Knox was a thing of beauty. Jones will never be able to make that pass though because he isn’t athletic enough to move around and elude pass rushers for almost 10 seconds. 

7 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I don’t understand why the Patriots are getting crushed by many.  They made the playoffs with a rookie QB.  I think they overachieved somewhat this year.

If I was a Pats fan I would remain optimistic that Jones will improve next year. 

Here is the thing. Jones already has reading a defense down and the little nuances of the game. Thins most rookies need to work on. Jones’ footwork isn’t the problem, he has the fundamentals down. What he doesn’t have is elite athletic talent, which is what you need to be good to great in the NFL. Jones is Chad Pennington or a less athletic Fitzpatrick. I just don’t see how you improve arm strength at this point. 

• Disagree 2

10 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Not every throw needs to be a zipped fast ball. And I have seen Jones throw some horrible passes before.

Everyone has. Andy Dalton 2.0.   Good luck with macnchz.  

Maybe the pats d will force us punt to once the next time we play.  Your boys have something to work towards.  Maybe they can move Jonnu Smith to DE and he can get within a couple inches of 17. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen was on fire all night! I had a little hope when they were getting pressure on the first drive but then he scrambled for like 60 yards on that drive..  The night was over on the very first drive by NE when Hyde made a highlight reel interception. (I was impressed as a football fan and depressed as a Pats fan by it lol)

Bills stomped a mud hole in my Pats and well good luck the rest of the way. 

(This was meant as congratulations, I don’t want to talk about Mac Jones.. you want to tell me the Pats D is garbage I won’t argue after tonight.)

Class move PatsFanNH. See you in the fall.

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

I wanna know where that .7 deduction came from? FFS, he had more TD passes than incompletions for crissakes. 

YPA.

He was at 12.8 before the TD to Doyle which dropped it to 12.3.

The number they use for perfect rating is 12.5.

12 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I will, I don’t think he would have developed with the Patriots like he did with the Bills. That isn’t their style of O.  IMO with the Pats system he been a bust.. 

and there it is.  Bwhahahahahaha.

You would rather have MacNchz over Josh Allen because Josh allen wouldn’t have developed under the tutelage of the coach that helped turn a 6th round pick into the GOAT.  They coach that made and nfl GM think that Matt Cassell is worth trading a 2nd rd pick for and a $63m contract.  The coach that helped Jimmy G develop into a quality starter.  

but he wouldn’t be able to develop the most physically gifted qb ever…..that’s worked his butt off year after year to become an elite qb.  Mcdermott and Beane put together a great supporting cast…..but they didn’t make him great.  He made himself great.  

Please.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, NewEra said:

and there it is.  Bwhahahahahaha.

You would rather have MacNchz over Josh Allen because Josh allen wouldn’t have developed under the tutelage of the coach that helped turn a 6th round pick into the GOAT.  They coach that made and nfl GM think that Matt Cassell is worth trading a 2nd rd pick for and a $63m contract.  The coach that helped Jimmy G develop into a quality starter.  

but he wouldn’t be able to develop the most physically gifted qb ever…..that’s worked his butt off year after year to become an elite qb.  Mcdermott and Beane put together a great supporting cast…..but they didn’t make him great.  He made himself great.  

Please.  

My point being, the Pats even if needy at QB that year wouldn’t have drafted Allen.  They would have looked elsewhere, they damn sure wouldn’t have traded up to get him.   He doesn’t fit the style of O they run. Brady fit that style, as does Jones. Does that mean Jones will ever be as good as Allen? Nope. 

also Allen fans forget he didn’t blossom truly till they went out and spent on skill WR for year 2..  look at last year where did the Pats spend most of the money? On  2 TE and 2 middle of the road WR.  That wouldn’t have worked develop an Allen type.. They also beefed up the O line. (That would IMO help but not having WR WOULD KILL HIM in HIS rookie year.) 

So basically I’m bashing the GOAT coach and more importantly McDaniels. They wouldn’t have done what was needed to make a QB like Allen succeed. They will get the most out of a Jones style QB. 

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

My point being, the Pats even if needy at QB that year wouldn’t have drafted Allen.  They would have looked elsewhere, they damn sure wouldn’t have traded up to get him.   He doesn’t fit the style of O they run. Brady fit that style, as does Jones. Does that mean Jones will ever be as good as Allen? Nope. 

also Allen fans forget he didn’t blossom truly till they went out and spent on skill WR for year 2..  look at last year where did the Pats spend most of the money? On  2 TE and 2 middle of the road WR.  That wouldn’t have worked develop an Allen type.. They also beefed up the O line. (That would IMO help but not having WR WOULD KILL HIM in HIS rookie year.) 

So basically I’m bashing the GOAT coach and more importantly McDaniels. They wouldn’t have done what was needed to make a QB like Allen succeed. They will get the most out of a Jones style QB. 

the question was:  would you rather have Mac Jones over Josh allen…..

You gave an answer to a completely different question in order to avoid going back on your original answer.  You changed the premise of the question.  And it still doesn’t make much sense imo.  

Belichick made Cam Newton his starter last season….and he won 3 less games with him (in 16 games) even though he’s a terrible qb and 1/4 of your team opted out for covid.  He did so without the 150M worth of players that you signed this offseason.  The 2020 pats, talent wise, may have been the worst team in the league. Zero playmakers.  No DL or LBers. Yet they were in the playoff conversation until josh destroyed them in foxboro.  

You’re just saving face.  I get it.  I’d probably do the same for my qb if I was in your sitch.  

That said….while I haven’t been your biggest fan this past year, after enjoying your content in previous years, I respect your football iq and opinion regarding all things non patriots.  Enjoy the rest of the post season, stay safe and in good health. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.