New Stadium will have a grass field per Mort

Albany,n.y.

37 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't think it's a good idea personally. I don't know if there's going to be any correlation to less injuries when you have a very difficult field to take care of in the winter time that could get slippery.

Either way not a giant deal to me, but will be pretty pricey and work to maintain. 

The overall injury rate is measurably less on grass compared to turf.

https://nflpa.com/posts/only-natural-grass-can-level-the-nfls-playing-field

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Huh? Really.

This grass field info. isn't even a scoop. It has been been mentioned for months and months.

Mort's connection to Buffalo will always be centered around his unfettered love for Tom Donahoe.

I’ve never found Mort’s NFL info to be very useful. His “scoops” are typically second hand information he claims as his own. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, boater said:

The Steelers have a grass field. It looks pretty rough by the end of the season.

They also do college and high school games there year round.  That field gets more wear and tear than most

i actually don’t know if high school is year round but  the state championship games are there. 

Edited by Mynamemike

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Can grass grow under a dome?

Sure if you want a stadium like Arizona's with lots of obstructed seating and have space outside to grow grass.

7 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You mean those same soft fans that are reselling their tickets for a playoff game. 

Some fans just buy extra tickets to resell to games to hot* games to pay for their season tickets.

* definition is those opposition teams which have wealthy fans.

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh, no doubt.  And blocking the wind will be part of the new stadium.  But it won't block the cold, like on a night like this.  And that's what's keeping people away.

But if they don't put a roof, a grass field would make sense.  No having to plow the pellets off the field with the snow and no needing to pay a ton to get people to shovel the seating area.  Also could attract more FAs.  But they can't have both a grass field and a roof without making the field retractable, and that would probably add a lot.

I agree to a point.  The big issue is that there’s nowhere to easily warm up if you’re not in a suite or in a club area.  It’s a little better since the bathrooms were redone—they are warm—but otherwise it is really tough to find a place to get warm in there. 

• Agree 1

I'm a golf course superintendent in Vermont.  I imagine they will do exactly what the Packers did.  It will be a heated sand base that will be fiber threads all through it to keep the sand layer together.  They will have also have larger grow lights that help with the lack of sun hours during the winter months.  It will be a full time job to keep that grass looking great.  Would love to be part of that team.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Can grass grow under a dome?

I recall when they built the Astrodome in early 60's it had a grass field with a clear glass roof panels so the grass could grow.  The problem was with the clear glass the players were all blinded by the sun so had to go to dark tinted glass and artificial turf,  i.e. "astroturf"

So to answer your question, Yes, but the results may look like that Kyler Murry virtual reality commercial whenever Allen throws a pass!

2 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

Mort has had a great source within the Bills organization since the Pegulas took over. I can remember specifically he had scoops on several Bills related news items. I would trust his info.

He did call out Josh Allen as the potential pick right before the Bills made the pick.  He mentioned that the Pegulas were enamoured by Josh's arm when they attended a private workout in Laramie.

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

I'm a golf course superintendent in Vermont.  I imagine they will do exactly what the Packers did.  It will be a heated sand base that will be fiber threads all through it to keep the sand layer together.  They will have also have larger grow lights that help with the lack of sun hours during the winter months.  It will be a full time job to keep that grass looking great.  Would love to be part of that team.  

No wonder they need millions to build this stadium

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

@Buffalo Bills hire this man NOW!

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.