New Stadium will have a grass field per Mort

Albany,n.y.

I've been watching ESPN's countdown show & among all the things said was when they were talking about the fact that there is a tarp over the field at Highmark because they don't want the turf to freeze & get hard which could cause concussions, Mortensen  mentioned that the new stadium will have a grass field with a heating system underneath like in GB & KC.  I have no idea how he knows that or thinks he knows that, but that's what he said.   

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been watching ESPN's countdown show & among all the things said was when they were talking about the fact that there is a tarp over the field at Highmark because they don't want the turf to freeze & get hard which could cause concussions, Mortensen  mentioned that the new stadium will have a grass field with a heating system underneath like in GB & KC.  I have no idea how he knows that or thinks he knows that, but that's what he said.   

Mort has had a great source within the Bills organization since the Pegulas took over. I can remember specifically he had scoops on several Bills related news items. I would trust his info.

• Like (+1) 4

Nice. I always preferred real grass. Players will like that I bet. They don't have to deal with the rubber pellets flying up in their eyes and face.

Except the kicker. I think kickers do better on artificial turf.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Arizona has a grass field in a dome.  They can bring it outside for sun and watering. 

My comment was totally tongue and cheek as it pertains to our endless string of dome/no dome debates around here, but thanks for your input none the less. 

Edited by K-9

When we toured Allegiant Stadium, they said that they asked the Cardinals what they would do differently with their rolled-in grass field.  The Cardinals said they would have raised it up 3 feet off the ground so you can get under it easily.

But a turf field and a roof would make more sense if they're worried about the turf freezing.  And I'm sure doing all that adds a lot more to the cost.

Edited by Doc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.