Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

YoloinOhio

What do you hope happens with Daboll?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends on the outcome of the playoff game(s)/ season

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree totally. I want Josh in a scheme that gives him maximum freedom and doesn't manufacture lots of half field reads which is what that Shanny scheme does. 

Oh I disagree I think he would excel in such an offense even Kyle Shannahan himself has said when they drafted Trey Lance they thought they where getting Allen which as we’ve seen isn’t easy to replicate 

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Dorsey is a McBeane guy tho. I don't think he makes a decision until our season is over unless he for some reason gets a HC job. 

After the season…..Daboll might get hired away after Frazier get hired as HC.  He might have a decision to make 

I’m just curious to to see what Ken Dorsey brings. Offense stays the same, but you put the play calling in the hands of actual QB who played at the highest level in college and many years in the nfl.  People need to remember Daboll wasn’t an OC in the nfl until he came here. Sure he called plays at Alabama. But I’m curious to see what Dorsey can do and what he will add to make it his offense…..

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I’m just curious to to see what Ken Dorsey brings. Offense stays the same, but you put the play calling in the hands of actual QB who played at the highest level in college and many years in the nfl.  People need to remember Daboll wasn’t an OC in the nfl until he came here. Sure he called plays at Alabama. But I’m curious to see what Dorsey can do and what he will add to make it his offense…..

I remember him being an OC in the NFL before the Bills.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Daboll

In 2009, Daboll joined Eric Mangini's staff in Cleveland as offensive coordinator. Under Daboll the Browns had the NFL's 32nd ranked offense in 2009[1] and the 29th ranked offense in 2010.[2] Daboll was named Offensive Coordinator of the Miami Dolphins under Tony Sparano in 2011, with his Dolphins improving from 30th in the league to 20th in overall offense.[3] On February 6, 2012 the Kansas City Chiefs announced the hiring of Daboll as offensive coordinator, replacing the retired Bill Muir.

Edited by delirious

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Daboll's redzone play calling is what drives me the most crazy. I don't get the obsession running on 2nd down in the redzone. In 2019 (if anyone remembers) he was much more creative in the redzone. Granted the bills had less talent then, but I feel like he should still be a bit more creative in the redzone 

We didn't run a predominate spread/RPO based offense in 2019. I think that plus our lack of physical talent inside on the OL has affected the play calling in the red zone.

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dorsey might leave too. If Frazier is hired before Daboll, we could lose all 3

If that’s the case I could see Chad Hall getting a chance… Kelly Skipper was an OC at UCLA years ago….

3 minutes ago, delirious said:

I remember him being an OC in the NFL before the Bills.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Daboll

I stand corrected…. Looks like all were 1 year stints. Doesn’t look like he had a lot of success. I still like Dorsey in that roll and even Chad Hall. I think Hall is a future sleeper in this league.

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

While watching the game tonight, just remember that if a play doesn't work, it's not always on Daboll. Players ***** up too. See Jags and 1st NE and games. 

Absolutely agree. But also he needs to design game plans and call plays that maximize the talent and take advantage of mismatches 

• Agree 5

After the first Pats game I was ready to show him the door.

But then he did something I've not seen from him before- he adjusted and started the run game.

I still think he's "too cute" sometimes and doesn't need to be. Josh will make plays.

Last year I was terrified he'd leave but right now I'd be like "ok, who's next?" The idea of him going and taking dorsey and Frazier leaving at the same time tho... Too much for one off-season.

I do, however my main focus isn't because I believe he's terrible.

First off, I would like to see him get an opportunity. If Dave Culley earned one...then so has Daboll IMO. While I believe that Daboll falls into the same category of Nate Hackett and Leftwich (OCs that look way better because they work with a top NFL QB) he is very well liked by his players and could do some good things in the right situation.

Second, I'm not sure how much more Josh can learn from him. Maybe a new OC has lessons that Daboll does not have and it would add more to Allen's growth and the growth of others in the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm on the fence. On one hand, he deserves some credit for helping Josh develop. On the other hand, his play calling is somewhat questionable, so it may be time for a fresh perspective. I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'll accept either outcome.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd prefer to keep the coaching staff continuity, but I've already accepted that we're likely to lose both coordinators.  It doesn't concern me at all, because I trust McDermott/Beane to replace them with capable coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If that’s the case I could see Chad Hall getting a chance… Kelly Skipper was an OC at UCLA years ago….

I stand corrected…. Looks like all were 1 year stints. Doesn’t look like he had a lot of success. I still like Dorsey in that roll and even Chad Hall. I think Hall is a future sleeper in this league.

Yeah I was thinking Chad hall too. 

Daboll is a very, very good OC.  I’d like him to stay, but he’ll probably get an opportunity to move on and get a HC job this off-season.  Also it’s getting to be a better time for him to do so in his personal life.  (Nothing nefarious on the personal side.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.