Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

YoloinOhio

What do you hope happens with Daboll?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends on the outcome of the playoff game(s)/ season

Is your mind made up on what you want to have happen with Daboll or will it all depend on tonight (and potentially the rest of the playoff run)? He’s been here 4 years and the entirety of Allen’s career thus far so it seems like his body of work would provide the sample size as a fan to determine whether you want him to stay or go. But does it more depend on what happens now?

he’s not a shoe in for one of these jobs, especially if they lose tonight/the offense looks bad, and because of Flores getting thrown into the mix as another candidate. Even Jim Caldwell is now being interviewed for the Bears. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Considering that we’re probably going to lose Frazier (and maybe Dorsey with him) along with schoen has me thinking it’s in our best interests that he stays one more year.  That said, let’s see how he calls these very important games

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I would like to see better. I love him but he needs to keep improving for sure

let me rephrase, i think Allen will continue to improve with or without Daboll, he was good for Josh early on but now with Allen beginning to enter the veteran phase of his career he knows what he gotta do to keep it going.

• Like (+1) 3

Daboll's redzone play calling is what drives me the most crazy. I don't get the obsession running on 2nd down in the redzone. In 2019 (if anyone remembers) he was much more creative in the redzone. Granted the bills had less talent then, but I feel like he should still be a bit more creative in the redzone 

I am totally ambivalent. I don't mind Daboll. Think he is a decent coordinator. Would not be at all upset to see him back. However, if he goes I don't think it will have some major effect on the offense so if he goes I'd just check with Josh what he wants to do and if that is promote Ken Dorsey, do that. 

• Agree 1

We've had so many bad coordinators over the years, that I'm spectacularly thankful for Frazier and Daboll even while they both sometimes frustrate me.

Granted, Daboll has Allen to help him look good.  But Daboll is also working with a poor offensive line.  Yet the Bill have - again - one of the best offenses in the NFL.  I won't minimize that accomplishment.

19 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

McDermott is clueless with offense,  God no we need Dabol in the worst way. I don't trust Dorsey at all.

Just curious...  When was the last time you sat down with McDermott and talked to him about modern NFL offenses?   What criteria did you use to evaluate his expertise?  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Daboll's redzone play calling is what drives me the most crazy. I don't get the obsession running on 2nd down in the redzone. In 2019 (if anyone remembers) he was much more creative in the redzone. Granted the bills had less talent then, but I feel like he should still be a bit more creative in the redzone 

This was their best year in terms of redzone touchdown %. 7th in the NFL at 62.34%. 

I agree it hasn't always felt like that.

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s the thing Daboll is a disciple of the Patriots Chris Simms has even called our offense Patriots light do to it’s concepts…

finding old Hoodie assistants to run a similar offense isn’t hard but I’m of the belief for Josh’s long term health to institute a shannahan like zone blocking scheme and use Josh’s play action skills more often 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Here’s the thing Daboll is a disciple of the Patriots Chris Simms has even called our offense Patriots light do to it’s concepts…

finding old Hoodie assistants to run a similar offense isn’t hard but I’m of the belief for Josh’s long term health to institute a shannahan like zone blocking scheme and use Josh’s play action skills more often 

I disagree totally. I want Josh in a scheme that gives him maximum freedom and doesn't manufacture lots of half field reads which is what that Shanny scheme does. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.