1/15/22 Week 19 Wild Card PLAYOFFS Bills vs Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Who is the referee crew tonight?

Edit: NM I found this...

Patriots vs. Bills | Brad Allen

In his eighth season as an NFL referee, Allen will direct his fourth postseason game and third Wild Card Weekend matchup. Here is Allen’s crew and the alternates for Wild Card Weekend:

Referee: Brad Allen

Umpire: Mark Pellis

Down Judge: Dana McKenzie

Line Judge: Julian Mapp

Field Judge: Aaron Santi

Side Judge: Dominique Pender

Back Judge: Perry Paganelli

Replay Official: Andrew Lambert

Replay Assistant: Kirt Shay

Alternates: Scott Novak (R), Bruce Stritesky (U), Kevin Codey (DJ), Tom Hill (SJ), Jimmy Russell (BJ).

Brad Allen did our Colts game I think.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

In his eighth season as an NFL referee, Allen will direct his fourth postseason game and third Wild Card Weekend matchup. Here is Allen’s crew and the alternates for Wild Card Weekend:

Alternates: Scott Novak (R), Bruce Stritesky (U), Kevin Codey (DJ), Tom Hill (SJ), Jimmy Russell (BJ).

Is he the one that looks like a Who from Whoville?

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He did bills saints game

And his pats game was the Dallas game

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I was wondering.  Thanks for finding this.

Anyone else got any info about Allen's crew?

Brad Allen is the referee for Patriots-Bills. According to Football Zebras, Allen "is in his 8th season after being hired directly to the referee position from the NCAA in 2014. This is Allen’s 4th postseason assignment, including 3 Wild Card Playoffs and a Divisional Playoff."

Allen was the referee for one Patriots game during the regular season. It was New England's Week 6 home game versus the Dallas Cowboys, and his crew called 17 penalties (12 on the Cowboys, five on the Patriots). Allen also officiated one Bills game in the regular season. His crew called four penalties on both the Bills and New Orleans Saints during their Thanksgiving Day matchup.

Allen's most recent playoff assignment was last season's AFC Wild Card game between the Bills and Indianapolis Colts. Four penalties were called (two on each team) in that game.

It should be noted that Allen's crew for the upcoming Patriots-Bills matchup will be different from the three games mentioned above.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't get the weather narrative. It's just cold, not windy or snowy. It won't have much effect at all. The Packers and Vikings played a game in the same conditions a couple weeks ago and the score was 37-10. The Bills and Pats will do what they do without much effect from the weather.

I agree. Wind is the problem in cold weather. If it's not windy it's bearable. If it's windy that's when you start you feel the pain.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was wondering.  Thanks for finding this.

Anyone else got any info about Allen's crew?

4 minutes ago, Trust The Process said:

Brad Allen is the referee for Patriots-Bills. According to Football Zebras, Allen "is in his 8th season after being hired directly to the referee position from the NCAA in 2014. This is Allen’s 4th postseason assignment, including 3 Wild Card Playoffs and a Divisional Playoff."

Allen was the referee for one Patriots game during the regular season. It was New England's Week 6 home game versus the Dallas Cowboys, and his crew called 17 penalties (12 on the Cowboys, five on the Patriots). Allen also officiated one Bills game in the regular season. His crew called four penalties on both the Bills and New Orleans Saints during their Thanksgiving Day matchup.

Allen's most recent playoff assignment was last season's AFC Wild Card game between the Bills and Indianapolis Colts. Four penalties were called (two on each team) in that game.

It should be noted that Allen's crew for the upcoming Patriots-Bills matchup will be different from the three games mentioned above.

Yeah, something the players on both teams will have to feel them out the 1st few minutes and see how they will call this game. See how physical they can be and what they can/can't get away with. 

Giving away my preferred parking lot 2 parking pass for tonight's game to the first person who PMs me with their email address so I can transfer the parking pass   Thanks - the pass is gone

Edited by GottaRun
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.