Tua had a "sh**ty work ethic and played golf on his days off instead of putting in extra work..Flores called him out

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Oh how far Britain has fallen. Once the world revolved around the British Empire and now they are known as "football" country with bad cooking.

Hey! You leave our food alone! 

(I don't disagree though. The great thing about London is unlike most of the rest of the country you can get aby cuisine you like from anywhere in the world rather than beige stodge.)

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought that had been debunked by the guy who supposedly quoted him as saying it (Lombardi?)

Bill Belichick is apparently noted for sarcastic digs at his players - "my mom could do that" "we could get a guy from the gas station who could get that done" "Foxboro high school gets that right all fall".  But what players will "take" and be motivated by from a GOAT coach wearing 6 Superbowl rings does not necessarily have the same "cachet" coming from Belichick's former LB coach and his 24-25 record.

Harrison Phillips commented on Frazier's sly layered sense of humor and little digs, but noted that when it's serious coaching, he's all "growth mindset": "this is our standard, how can we get you there?"

Also, “I’ll get the guy pumping me my gas to execute this” or “figure it out or I’ll get somebody in here who will” is a lot different than “I wish I drafted somebody else because you’re terrible”

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Brian Daboll comes from the Billicheat tree right?  He was first coach to hire him.

Brian Daboll needs to take a page out of his book and get him listed as a minority -  he is Canadian.

He has but he also hasn't been a head coach yet...perhaps McDermott's Andy Reid based influence has helped in that regard?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Hey! You leave our food alone! 

(I don't disagree though. The great thing about London is unlike most of the rest of the country you can get aby cuisine you like from anywhere in the world rather than beige stodge.)

I think I have told this story before but I'll repeat.

I was working at RAF Molesworth Joint Analysis Center at my first trip to England,

I was heavily recommended by my boss to not drive there so I went via combination of train and cab.

I was staying in a small town not too far from base which had a very small commercial district and since I had no car I basically had to eat in one of the few restaurants near hotel including one in hotel.  Food at base and town were basically the same except for one small store which had some decent wrapped bun meals open during day only.

Only thing good to eat at restaurants was kipper and was only served on Sunday.

I found out there was a small Chinese takeout place a mile or so from hotel so I walked there one night.

Menu looked good so I ordered one of my usual noodle dishes and then saw cook drop a lump of lard into wok.

I paid for my take out meal, walked out of takeout place and dropped it in garbage.

Next trip I got a car despite work recommendations and was able find some places to eat but required me driving a bit.

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He has but he also hasn't been a head coach yet...perhaps McDermott's Andy Reid based influence has helped in that regard?

Well he certainly has changed since he came to the Bills.  When he first came he appeared to be not well liked and now is buddy with many players.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It was pretty clear to me, from listening to how Daboll's post-game pressers have evolved, that McDermott sat down with him and had a chat at some point. 

Josh told a story about his rookie season where he made a different throw than he was supposed to in practice, and Daboll started screaming at him in his helmet.  Said that he came to the sideline and Daboll was still red-faced and yelling.  Said eventually Daboll calmed down, went away, then thought about it and came back and started up again.  That's a freakin' waste of time and energy.  I don't think Daboll does that now.

I think a turning point may have been around game 4 of 2019 vs NE.  On the one hand, Allen has revealed that he sat down with Beane and McDermott and had a private conversation where he made commitments to them to change some things.

On the other hand, after that game, where Daboll was seen chewing Josh out on the sideline, Daboll moved upstairs.

Gradually I noticed a shift in Daboll's pressers.  After that game he was calling various people out - "maybe the throw is a little low but we have to catch it" (Beasley) "we can't have problems with the QB-Center exchange" (Morse) as well as Josh for the INTs. 

I don't think I've heard him do that since, and he's become more interactive with the press where he calls them by name and asks how they are and so forth.

Anyway, I think McDermott laid it out for Daboll what the "growth mindset" means to him in coaching players and how he behaves with it, and it's something Daboll has worked on.

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Tua looks like the anti Josh Allen...dude would rather play golf than work on his craft during days off...

Flores told management "We'll never wins a Championship with this guy." and apparently used to get on him constantly about it including in front of others...

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-didnt-like-that-tua-played-golf-on-his-off-days-and-had-a-questionable-work-ethic/

So this is just what I was talking about.   A HC candidate is going to be asked to take Tua as his QB in the interview.  Will they turn down the interview or try to make it work?  So much for it being a “ridiculous” question eh?

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I found out there was a small Chinese takeout place a mile or so from hotel so I walked there one night.

Menu looked good so I ordered one of my usual noodle dishes and then saw cook drop a lump of lard into wok.

I paid for my take out meal, walked out of takeout place and dropped it in garbage.

What's wrong with cooking with lard?  Are you a vegetarian?  Very typical of traditional Chinese country cooking from what I understand, where a lot of the fat would come from the family pig.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m so pumped they fired Flores 

Are we?

"It has been confirmed by numerous sources, and again by Armando in this article, that Brian Flores in 2020 prior to the draft did want Tua as his quarterback and did support and want Miami to select him with the 5th overall pick. But Flores soured on Tua fast and fell out of love with him quickly."

And, I still maintain he sucked at his job.

Then he pouted to management after 1 year of his QB 

I would think if the coach specifically asked him to come in and do some work or if it was well known that his short comings were what was making them lose games than getting pissed at this for taking time would be warranted .

But if not & your winning and putting in the time & extra during the week then to go on your day off & just get away for few hours shouldn't be a thing .

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's wrong with cooking with lard?  Are you a vegetarian?  Very typical of traditional Chinese country cooking from what I understand, where a lot of the fat would come from the family pig.

Definitely not a vegetarian and most probably know that from some of the dishes I have posted my wife makes.

I have eaten food cooked in lard and it always causes issues to me in my guts although I eat pork, both western and Chinese style, with no issues.

Lard maybe is used in northern Chinese cooking but every Chinese restaurant I have been in uses oil in wok not lard. 

Seems more common in Chinese Malaysian cooking. I have not seen one Cantonese recipe calling for lard.

Stating in first century Chinese were able to get "lard" out of soy beans and maybe that is what gets translated in some cookbooks.

Ironically my wife, born in the Year of the Pig, eats pork cracklings which are cooked often in lard.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Definitely not a vegetarian and most probably know that from some of the dishes I have posted my wife makes.

I have eaten food cooked in lard and it always causes issues to me in my guts although I eat pork, both western and Chinese style, with no issues.

Lard maybe is used in northern Chinese cooking but every Chinese restaurant I have been in uses oil in wok not lard. 

Seems more common in Chinese Malaysian cooking. I have not seen one Cantonese recipe calling for lard.

Stating in first century Chinese were able to get "lard" out of soy beans and maybe that is what gets translated in some cookbooks.

Ironically my wife, born in the Year of the Pig, eats pork cracklings which are cooked often in lard.

Vegetable oil (other than soybean and coconut) is a relatively new product (in the timeline of Chinese history) so that's why I ask. It doesn't surprise me that most restaurants in the US use veg. oil but lard would likely have been used all over China until relatively recently (1900s or later)

If lard causes you issues, I would for sure not assume and would ask what oil is being used to fry.

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I can’t even contain myself.  How can any of you sleep?  

I am bouncing off the walls with boundless energy.  I’ve done 8 pushups and 6 sit-ups and I swear on everything that I hold dear I could do 4  more, of each.

GO BILLS, BABY!

The fact you are knocking out 2 more push-ups than sit-ups is the most amazing 🤩!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.