Tua had a "sh**ty work ethic and played golf on his days off instead of putting in extra work..Flores called him out

Big Turk

Maybe he wants to turn pro ;) 

I guess when you know you suck you might as well enjoy yourself instead of wasting every ones time ;) 

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Flores putting on a clinic on how not to never get an NFL HC job again...

I hope Fields doesn't golf ;)

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Sweet Fancy Moses! 😳

As for the thread title, do we fall back on the adage 'a bad workman always blames his tools'?

Or Tools always blame someone else ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Hate to break it to you but Josh Allen plays golf too!

Flores is blaming his firing on having a bad QB plain and simple.  He kept putting Fitzy in and the Dolphins had to finally get rid of Fitzy so he would play Tua.  The rumors are that they are thinking if Houston hires Flores then Deshaun Watson will want to stay

Fitzy didn't have time to golf.....he was too busy getting busy ;)

• Like (+1) 2

The  Culley firing in Houston  was BS...unless...

Houston can hire Flores and Flores patches things up with Watson. Then Watson comes back, Flores gets his Franchise QB and a blank check to remake the organization, and Watson gets his coach.  Oh and Miami looks even dumber.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I believe Tua at a press conference (I would really have to dig for it) made a comment along the lines of I dont need to do anything outside of what’s asked of me.. I thought at the time what a weird comment…

I guess when your used to watching Josh improvising and throwing his body on the line that kind of struck me as he’s not all in.

I don’t know, Miami has treated him like crap too by never really shutting down the Watson stuff when it was out there. 

So they realized they had made a mistake and wanted to make another bigger one ;)

Your not only auditioning for the Fins your trying out for the other 31 teams......man up. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I play golf sometimes on my days off. Ssssh.

Your benched ;)

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I can’t even contain myself.  How can any of you sleep?  

I am bouncing off the walls with boundless energy.  I’ve done 8 pushups and 6 sit-ups and I swear on everything that I hold dear I could do 4  more, of each.

GO BILLS, BABY!

Slacker...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Hate to break it to you but Josh Allen plays golf too!

Flores is blaming his firing on having a bad QB plain and simple.  He kept putting Fitzy in and the Dolphins had to finally get rid of Fitzy so he would play Tua.  The rumors are that they are thinking if Houston hires Flores then Deshaun Watson will want to stay

The problem isn't playing golf. It's when you do it. It's whether or not you've earned it, and it probably also relates to how hard you work during the week.  I doubt any coach would have a problem with golfing in the offseason, as an example.

41 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Why? the Bills crushed them twice a year ;)

What if they actually find someone competent ? ;) 

Unlikely but it could happen ;)

The reason the Bills crushed them has a lot to do with poor QB play and a much better roster. Flores appears to be a damn good coach, and he over-achieved there.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Josh Allen has put in endless amounts of work to improve at his craft. Tua has not. Allen's earned the right to go play golf if he wants to, Tua has not.

You think the dudes in that locker room respect him when they know he isn't committed to being the best QB he can be and improving as much as possible?

Right because you are there and you see how much work these guys put in. Or are you just going by what a salty fired coach said about his former team to make it seem like it wasn't his fault he's now unemployed?

All of these guys work hard. Here's a vid from last off-season showing how they were all excited by how hard Tua was working. The difference is he's just not very good. If Josh Allen was as bad as Tua I think you would have a problem with how much golf he plays too. Josh was probably the 7th best QB this season by the numbers so why is he playing so much golf when 40 yr olds are playing better than he is??? No down time just football 24/7!!!!

Tua’s entitled to spend his free time as he sees fit. If he’d rather improve his handicap than his skills as a QB, who am I to judge. Wasn’t Billy Joe Hobert a scratch golfer? His career turned out ok.

Couldn’t be happier that Flores going scorched earth on his way out the door basically negates any return in a trade and forces the Dolphins to ride it out with him or cut bait. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Tua looks like the anti Josh Allen...dude would rather play golf than work on his craft during days off...

Flores told management "We'll never wins a Championship with this guy." and apparently used to get on him constantly about it including in front of others...

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-didnt-like-that-tua-played-golf-on-his-off-days-and-had-a-questionable-work-ethic/

These young QBs don't walk in the door after the draft knowing how to prepare and how hard to work in the NFL.  If Flores isn't satisfied with Tua's work habits and ethics, what did he do to get to know Tua and persuade him that he cared about his success, or to keep energized players with great work habits around him in the QB room, and to guide and teach him?  Does he meet with Tua every week as Allen says he meets with McDermott?

Lest we forget, there were hints that after the Vikings victory, perhaps our QB didn't focus and prepare as he should have, only to get embarrassed completely against Green Bay the following week.  When I say "hints" I mean Eric Wood saying stuff about "needing to prepare consistently every week" on his segment which seemed pretty pointed at Allen.  The QB room was rookie Allen and Nathan Peterman.

Beane went out and signed Derek Anderson, not so much for his QB chops, as for his willingness to demonstrate an appropriate work ethic and habits.  Allen told a story about getting to the facility early (he thought), and finding that Anderson was already there lifting and telling them he'd be in the film room if they wanted to join him after they finished their lifts.

Daboll has made the point that until a player believes that you care about them as a person, they aren't going to listen to you as a coach.

All that said....a round of golf takes what, 2 hrs?  Maybe half an hour travel time on each end?  If Tua isn't preparing well enough, It's likely to be the other 165 hrs in the week that are the problem, not taking 3 hrs a week to play golf.  Allen has talked about taking time off to play video games, or have friends over, or take his puppy for a long walk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.