Tua had a "sh**ty work ethic and played golf on his days off instead of putting in extra work..Flores called him out

Big Turk

So Miami didn't know he was lazy when they drafted him, drafted him, treated him like garbage, publicly tried to replace him, failed, then got mad when he stayed lazy and made no attempt to get better.

That's some top notch HR work and Management right there.  You can see why the Dolphins are a marquee franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Tua looks like the anti Josh Allen...dude would rather play golf than work on his craft during days off...

Flores told management "We'll never wins a Championship with this guy." and apparently used to get on him constantly about it including in front of others...

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-didnt-like-that-tua-played-golf-on-his-off-days-and-had-a-questionable-work-ethic/

Hate to break it to you but Josh Allen plays golf too!

Flores is blaming his firing on having a bad QB plain and simple.  He kept putting Fitzy in and the Dolphins had to finally get rid of Fitzy so he would play Tua.  The rumors are that they are thinking if Houston hires Flores then Deshaun Watson will want to stay

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

A day off is a day off, otherwise it would be called work.

The problem is he hasn’t earned the right to play golf or do whatever on days off in season. Golf also is a day long event, it’s not like he’s sitting down to play Fortnite for a couple hours. Whether we like it not, this isn’t a 9-5 job. He has five months to do whatever he wants in the off-season before mini camp and training camp start. And they’re paying him a substantial amount of money on top of it.

Tua is a garbage quarterback and has held that team back. Flores came up around Brady who even being a league MVP would put in extra work. That’s the standard he’s holding him to. And instead of trying to get better in his most critical years of development he’s showing no initiative in doing it and hanging his teammates out to dry.

Edited by Rampage
  • Agree 5

I believe Tua at a press conference (I would really have to dig for it) made a comment along the lines of I dont need to do anything outside of what’s asked of me.. I thought at the time what a weird comment…

I guess when your used to watching Josh improvising and throwing his body on the line that kind of struck me as he’s not all in.

I don’t know, Miami has treated him like crap too by never really shutting down the Watson stuff when it was out there. 

The Bills are so lucky to have chosen a once in a generation athlete that looks to improve himself at his craft. I just hope Josh stays hungry because at some point it has to become a little boring. There are people that just keep it going, Michael Jordan comes to mind. Jordan just hated to lose at anything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

47 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Hate to break it to you but Josh Allen plays golf too!

Flores is blaming his firing on having a bad QB plain and simple.  He kept putting Fitzy in and the Dolphins had to finally get rid of Fitzy so he would play Tua.  The rumors are that they are thinking if Houston hires Flores then Deshaun Watson will want to stay

Josh Allen has put in endless amounts of work to improve at his craft. Tua has not. Allen's earned the right to go play golf if he wants to, Tua has not.

You think the dudes in that locker room respect him when they know he isn't committed to being the best QB he can be and improving as much as possible?

• Agree 4

Flores isn't blameless in all of this. He was a big fan of Tua and in full agreement with the pick when they drafted him - and bears some of the responsibility for bringing Tua to Miami. If Tua had such a bad work ethic, didn't Flores have the opportunity to see that all through training camp and the first 7 weeks of the season before naming him the starter? Maybe he was under some pressure from management; however, the fact that he started Fitz for 7 games before replacing him with Tua, and pulling Tua out of 2 subsequent games showed Flores still had the last word in which QB played. 

I have no idea if these statements about Tua are true, but Flores certainly didn't help Tua's development with the way he handled the QB situation last year and during the height of the Watson to Miami rumors.

I like Flores as a coach and I think Miami made a mistake in letting him go. But he has his share of culpability in what has transpired.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.