Tua had a "sh**ty work ethic and played golf on his days off instead of putting in extra work..Flores called him out

Big Turk

Wow...Tua looks like the anti Josh Allen...dude would rather play golf than work on his craft during days off...

Flores told management "We'll never wins a Championship with this guy." and apparently used to get on him constantly about it including in front of others...

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-didnt-like-that-tua-played-golf-on-his-off-days-and-had-a-questionable-work-ethic/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This is some BS.  Players are probably better off having a hobby that they do on their days off and Tua, for as unskilled a QB as I think he is, did materially improve over the course of this season. 

For some reason golf is always used as a metaphor for negligent laziness but I guarantee you every NFL player has something recreational they do for 3 or 4 hours on off days.  Video games seem to be chief among them and that's fine too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Tua looks like the anti Josh Allen...dude would rather play golf than work on his craft during days off...

Flores told management "We'll never wins a Championship with this guy." and apparently used to get on him constantly about it including in front of others...

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-didnt-like-that-tua-played-golf-on-his-off-days-and-had-a-questionable-work-ethic/

🤣BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m so pumped they fired Flores 

Well, we've owned Flores, and he has owned the Patriots ....  so I'm not so convinved this was a good thing for us??? .... But if it means the fish are committed to Tua (and no Watson), okay, I'll take that.

Also something else to consider, the Texans' new GM is a former Patriot front office guy: If the M Jones stinks again this evening, I have no doubt BB will be on the phone as soon as he can trying to swing a deal for Watson to come to NE. ... Twice a year Bill has seen how great athleticism in a QB can be so hard to defend, Watson is one of the few available (if he is) QB's who can match Allen in this way. ... Yeah, I can see this scenario happing.

Just some things to throw into the "be careful what you wish for" conundrum of life.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Well, we've owned Flores, and he has owned the Patriots ....  so I'm not so convinved this was a good thing for us??? .... But if it means the fish are committed to Tua (and no Watson), okay, I'll take that.

Also something else to consider, the Texans' new GM is a former Patriot front office guy: If the M Jones stinks again this evening, I have no doubt BB will be on the phone as soon as he can trying to swing a deal for Watson to come to NE. ... Bill has seen twive a year how great athleticism in a QB can be so hard to defend, Watson is one of the few available (if he is) QB's who can match Allen in this way. ... Yeah, I can see this scenario happing.

Just some things to throw into the "be careful what you wish for" conundrum of life.

First, it would take a boat load of picks to pry Watson away from Houston. 
Then you would need to activate him and see what his suspension actually is. Someone can correct me, but i think the NFL has been in a holding pattern waiting to see what the legal outcome is with the allegations. 
This is all predicated on the fact that the GM in Houston worked with Belichick. Not sure how far that goes to getting a deal done.

As for Tua, this has the feel of the Drew Brees in San Diego, except not sure Miami will ever be bad enough with Tua to draft their “Philip Rivers”. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.