Pre game bar advice, from those in the know

Bills fan since 87

OK so for this one I am going to do the bar scene before the game because A) It will be cold and B) I want to see some of Bengals/Raiders.  Problem is I'm probably not the only one thinking this.  What would you all say my best bet on getting a decent spot if I arrive around 4:30ish?

I am very familiar with the bars that are around the stadium.  Danny's south (preffered spot if I can get a bar spot)  Big Tree (small but iconic) O'Neils (great spot to stand and watch the early game with music blaring, no idea if they have food) and Wings (preffered spot if the bridge still exhisted, it was not there for the Monday NIght game and it's a long cold walk with out it.)  Am I missing any?  What's my best bet?

GO BILLS!!

Edited by Bills fan since 87

Danny's and Big Tree are great bars.  I would assume the bars will be more packed and crowded for this game than they usually are before kickoff because I am guessing there will be a decent amount of people that forego traditional tailgating to hang out inside the warm bars and watch the early game so don't really have an answer on what bar would be a sure thing getting a decent spot.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Danny's and Big Tree are great bars.  I would assume the bars will be more packed and crowded for this game than they usually are before kickoff because I am guessing there will be a decent amount of people that forego traditional tailgating to hang out inside the warm bars and watch the early game so don't really have an answer on what bar would be a sure thing getting a decent spot.

Yeah, might have to pop around a bit on the 3 above the stadium and hope to get lucky.  Again I'd just park at Wings if the bridge was still there....but i think some crackhead took a plunge and drown a few years back. Alas, no more bridge

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone mention Kettle's Korner on Abbot Rd? Two long blocks north of Southwestern.

In terms of tailgate and leaving it is an incredibly solid spot. We got home to Rochester in an hour and half Sunday after the game parking at Keetles. The establishment itself I have never tried.

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I know for a fact that @Augieloves when you bring a bottle of Wild Turkey to the tailgate and force him to do shots from your bellybutton:wub:

Sorry, I had to chose between a laugh and a barf, and it wasn’t even close! 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I flew in a few years ago for a Sunday game and made a point of going to Big Tree on Friday or Saturday just because it’s so iconic. I had heard all the old tales, but had never been inside. I’m glad I went, and I’m glad it was NOT on a game day. I can’t imagine a game day, especially on a night with wind chills below zero. 

Good luck to everyone attending. Proud of our Bills fans and the lengths they will go to to support our team! Prepare, stay safe, make NOISE and help bring home the WIN! 

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Most of those bars are crazy before the games (and even crazier / stranger AFTER the gameS), but give it a whirl - or wander the RV lot or Hammers and find someone with a TV.  I guarantee there will be a few around, and with people that want to make new friends, just bring gifts to offer.

Regardless have fun, it's going to be a hell a of day and night!!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.