Poyer made first team All-Pro for NFL.com

Big Turk

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

What a crappy, inflammatory, misleading and biased tweet from “Boston Connor”. Let’s hear the exact words in the question, and the exact answer. Some  precise context would be nice. “Head hunting” is meant to incite people, and I SERIOUSLY doubt that was the intended meaning. 

Here's the link to McAfee's show (start at the 1:41:00 mark or so).  At the end of Poyer's segment, they were razzing him about not being selected for the ProBowl, then AJ says "You gonna be doin' some headhunting?", then McAfee says, "Riddell, (points at his forehead) earn some respect", then Poyer says Yes and nods.  I think he was responding to the Earn Some Respect remark.  Poyer ain't no headhunter.  This was baiting, pure and simple. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

About time....hopefully the AP takes notice and does the right thing.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/13/rams-jalen-ramsey-all-pro-reaction-twitter/

Poyer is very deserving to be an all pro. He is such a key component who in the #1 pass defense in the NFL.  Think how amazing  that accomplishment  is as we have missed Tre for a significant part of the season and have no premiere edge rusher yet!  Hyde is also important as he allows poyer to do many of the thongs he does , such as pass rush and be very good at run support. Poyer is all over the field , and he has  done it all at critical game times.  Hyde is the unquestioned leader of the group , but this year Poyer has found his own confidence and is an important emotional leader of the dbs and whole defense.  He is a hitter who is not afraid to stand over someone he has just demolished and let them hear about it, but not enough to do anything that hurts the team.

Watching a game , Poyer is in almost every play and he is always around the ball.  He and Hyde are by far my favorite players on the d , closely followed by Milano.  Those 3 , most notably poyer , show their passion and remind me of the great players of the 90’s team. They are going to hit guys and not reach down to help them up!  That’s the attitude that gets you to the Super Bowl, rather than the popularity poll pro bowl! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Poyer is going to have a great game ; love his humble attitude but it’s obvious he and the team are motivated to lay some hits on the Patsies!   I really think they want to make amends for that loss and “ embarrassment “ at home and I think the playoff level of. Intensity is something Jones will not be ready for.  Bb can scheme the d to mimimize the O somewhat , but he can’t shelter jones from the cold , pressure , the big moment he will face Saturday night .  This is not the college national championship in a dome under ideal conditions where your team is much more talented than the opponent, it’s against a better team in a hostile environment with everything on the line in terms of pride , respect , prestige, money, and a legacy.  

I like what I am hearing from the players.  I just hope Frazier has them coached up so they have figured out those attempts to get them to take false steps ( esp the LBs) and don’t give up any more the cutback runs by over pursuing early because off their adrenaline.   That one huge run in that last home game took the crowd out of it early and the Bills never recovered.  Let’s hope Frazier has been working hard on countering. Misdirection run plays , because if it comes to the passing game or Jones has to come from behind , I  think it plays into the Bills hands and we get ready for the Steelers or Chiefs!  

If there was ever a time for karma for this team , it’s now!   How amazing would it be to get a second chance at Big Ben and send him oit of the league like the jags did to Kelly.  For once it would be great to look back at history around SB time and watch replays of Ben’s last game played being in Buffalo!   Let’s go Bills, it’s a new season , and it’s time to make all that work and preseason hype become a reality!  ( btw , how many suites are available? Poyer offering Pat and Hawk suite tickets and Tasker offered two suite tickets to Kyle Brandt and wife!   How do I get on one of these shows to be offered suite tics !?   Lol!   Been a loyal fan since ‘63 , went to two Sbs that we lost to the cowboys , but I have never seen a live game in Buffalo.!  ( ashamed!) Man if I’m offered suite tickets by Tasker or Poyer for a Saturday night prime time playoff game , I’m even uberring my way up there just to avoid any chance of omicron and tipping people to get.into the suite a few hours early just to take it all in before my time is up! Lol).   

14 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Poyer is going to have a great game ; love his humble attitude but it’s obvious he and the team are motivated to lay some hits on the Patsies!   I really think they want to make amends for that loss and “ embarrassment “ at home and I think the playoff level of. Intensity is something Jones will not be ready for.  Bb can scheme the d to mimimize the O somewhat , but he can’t shelter jones from the cold , pressure , the big moment he will face Saturday night .  This is not the college national championship in a dome under ideal conditions where your team is much more talented than the opponent, it’s against a better team in a hostile environment with everything on the line in terms of pride , respect , prestige, money, and a legacy.  

I like what I am hearing from the players.  I just hope Frazier has them coached up so they have figured out those attempts to get them to take false steps ( esp the LBs) and don’t give up any more the cutback runs by over pursuing early because off their adrenaline.   That one huge run in that last home game took the crowd out of it early and the Bills never recovered.  Let’s hope Frazier has been working hard on countering. Misdirection run plays , because if it comes to the passing game or Jones has to come from behind , I  think it plays into the Bills hands and we get ready for the Steelers or Chiefs!  

If there was ever a time for karma for this team , it’s now!   How amazing would it be to get a second chance at Big Ben and send him oit of the league like the jags did to Kelly.  For once it would be great to look back at history around SB time and watch replays of Ben’s last game played being in Buffalo!   Let’s go Bills, it’s a new season , and it’s time to make all that work and preseason hype become a reality!  ( btw , how many suites are available? Poyer offering Pat and Hawk suite tickets and Tasker offered two suite tickets to Kyle Brandt and wife!   How do I get on one of these shows to be offered suite tics !?   Lol!   Been a loyal fan since ‘63 , went to two Sbs that we lost to the cowboys , but I have never seen a live game in Buffalo.!  ( ashamed!) Man if I’m offered suite tickets by Tasker or Poyer for a Saturday night prime time playoff game , I’m even uberring my way up there just to avoid any chance of omicron and tipping people to get.into the suite a few hours early just to take it all in before my time is up! Lol).   

The only way we get the Steelers is in the AFC Championship game they're the lowest seed so our next game is either the Chiefs or whoever wins between the Bengals and Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.