Admittance to Highmark Stadium, No Drones allowed !

HOUSE

I talk from experience, I lost a lot of tread on these shoes. During cold weather games some people are oblivious to the restrictions. When it is this cold outside season ticket holders will give away tickets and some poor uninformed fan will park in a satellite parking area, walk a half mile just to be told by Security "Oh Sir, You can't bring that drone in the stadium" so now starts the trek back to the car (another half mile in zero weather,another half mile back). Now they are ready to re-enter the Stadium, "Oh Sir,You can't bring those fireworks inside the stadium" another half mile walk back to the car, another half mile back to the stadium .

Its cold, YOU COULD DIE OUT THERE...:w00t:

Security will not hold any restricted items for you...

So.....Be a good sport and leave your rod at home....

Please read, you can thank me later

PROHIBITED ITEMS

Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.)

Tobacco products - including cigarettes/electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, lighters/matches

Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Devices

Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances

Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)

Clutch bags not to exceed 4.5" x 6.5"

Beach balls, footballs, balls, inflatable devices (balloons)

Bottles, cans, thermoses, and other beverage containers

Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches

Clothing or material with profane language or obscene graphics

Fireworks

Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of guests

Laptop computers, radios

Laser pointer devices, noisemakers

Promotional materials not approved by the Bills

Seat cushions larger than 15" x 15" or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs

Selfie sticks, sticks or poles

Strollers

Umbrellas

Video cameras, monopods and tripods

Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)

Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate

PERMITTED ITEMS

The NFL bag policy limits the size and type of bags that can be brought into the facility. This policy was put in place to enhance public safety and expedite fan entry at Highmark Stadium.

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12", or

One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), or

Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4 ½" x 6 ½"), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.  

Seat cushions must not exceed 15" x 15" and must not contain arm rests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs.

Additional clothing and blankets (must be carried loosely)

Binoculars

Cameras with lenses shorter than six (6) inches

iPads and tablet devices

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 9

• HOUSE changed the title to Admittance to Highmark Stadium
  • HOUSE changed the title to Admittance to Highmark Stadium, No Drones allowed !
1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

I asked this in another thread (maybe the weather one?) but has anyone ever had a problem bringing in a battery powered handwarmer?

Curious about this too. I have battery powered socks and a balaclava and think I'm just gonna toss the batteries in a spare set of gloves/hat and put it in my clear bag for entry. 

The fact that you can bring in a cell phone (same type of battery) but not warming clothing, especially for this game, is ridiculous and borderline negligent. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

Curious about this too. I have battery powered socks and a balaclava and think I'm just gonna toss the batteries in a spare set of gloves/hat and put it in my clear bag for entry. 

The fact that you can bring in a cell phone (same type of battery) but not warming clothing, especially for this game, is ridiculous and borderline negligent. 

I think you may get away with it if the battery is not in the clothing when you enter the stadium and you can explain it away as something else (e.g. a phone battery), I was thinking maybe the reason clothing is specifically banned is because it's hard to confirm with the metal detectors what is inside a coat, etc...

Edited by Captain Caveman

38 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I talk from experience, during the playoffs some people are oblivious to the restrictions. When it is this cold outside season ticket holders will give away tickets and some poor uninformed fan will park in a satellite parking area, walk a half mile just to be told by Security " You can't bring that drone in the stadium" so now starts the trek back to the car (another half mile in zero weather,another half mile back). Now they are ready to re-enter the Stadium, "You can't bring those fireworks inside the stadium" another half mile walk back to the car, another half mile back to the stadium .

Its cold, YOU COULD DIE OUT THERE...:w00t:

Be a good sport and leave your rod at home....

Please read, you can thank me later

PROHIBITED ITEMS

Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.)

Tobacco products - including cigarettes/electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, lighters/matches

Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Devices

Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances

Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)

Clutch bags not to exceed 4.5" x 6.5"

Beach balls, footballs, balls, inflatable devices (balloons)

Bottles, cans, thermoses, and other beverage containers

Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches

Clothing or material with profane language or obscene graphics

Fireworks

Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of guests

Laptop computers, radios

Laser pointer devices, noisemakers

Promotional materials not approved by the Bills

Seat cushions larger than 15" x 15" or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs

Selfie sticks, sticks or poles

Strollers

Umbrellas

Video cameras, monopods and tripods

Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)

Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Dildos are not in the list... let's go boys!! Fire away!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Has anyone tried?  It's literally the first item listed as prohibited.

It's not - the first item listed is battery powered clothing - a handwarmer is not clothing.  I've actually brought mine in (during the Colts game) and didn't have an issue, but wondering if it was lax enforcement or if they are allowed.  My guess is it will depend on who is at the gate and their interpretation, like so much else.

• Agree 1

No Drones allowed - DUH although you know there are those num nuts that would bring one because the only reason they make rules like this is because some one has tried it at some time before the rule was implemented .

But that won't stop the drunken jack ass out in the parking lot or at on elf the houses that surround the stadium in OP from flying one over the top of the stadium wall if they do i hope they would nail them with a huge fine and take the drone .

2 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

It's likely not the Bills who make the rules, but the insurance provider.  They really don't want the headline of "Bills fan sets self on fire with defective electric hand warmer, induces panic, kills 14".  Just bring disposable hand warmers.

• Disagree 1

What kind of a lunatic would try to bring a drone in?

Operating it would result in a huge fine, as it is illegal to operate one over people who are not involved in its operation.

Regarding aircraft, a blanket temporary flight restriction prohibits flight over any facility with a capacity of over 30,000 people within 3 miles or 3000 feet.

That applies to all NFL games.

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

It's not - the first item listed is battery powered clothing - a handwarmer is not clothing.  I've actually brought mine in (during the Colts game) and didn't have an issue, but wondering if it was lax enforcement or if they are allowed.  My guess is it will depend on who is at the gate and their interpretation, like so much else.

I don't put much faith in the reasonableness of stadium security screeners, after they tried to deny a man on crutches (me, pre-pandemic game) his fanny pack.  They already rejected my Bills Super Bowl seat cushion for the crime of having a zipper on the bottom, and were trying to deny my fanny pack (which had my meds, phone, etc) on the same grounds.  When they finally decided to get a supervisor to come over, I held out my pack with a limp wrist and effeminately proclaimed "Are you going to deny a man HIS PURSE?" (purses are allowed), and slung it on my shoulder.  This prompted the supervisor to give the staff a dirty look and say "For Pete's sake, let him in".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.