Why so many tickets left?

out

I think people  are making a bigger deal out of it than it should be. As if Buffalo isn't supportive of the Bills or something. That's ridiculous! People aren't taking into consideration that you have to be vaxxed to attend, so a large chunk of the population aren't even allowed to go. Also, about 30% of the season ticketholders are Canadian, they come over from Canada. With all the travel restrictions thats an issue. Also, I am as diehard of a Bills fan as you can get and even if I lived in Buffalo you couldn't pay me money to go sit in 0 degree weather when I can watch it from the comfort of my home on a 70 inch TV with my buddies, plenty of food, beer, etc. Without dealing with traffic or crowds or all the wacky nonsense of sporting events nowadays.  Forget all that noise! And quite frankly, football is the best TV sport there is, so why go when its going to be completely miserable out?! Instead of enjoying the game, it's going to be all about not freezing the death! No thanks! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Even during all those winning years, there were ALWAYS issues selling out.

It was always Ralph or Russ Salvatore that would swoop in at the last minute, buy all the remaining seats, and then donate them to a charity like the Boys & Girls club. Happened all the time. I'd even argue more often than not.

Absolutely. I do recall that.

And there were plenty of games where we were not saved from blackout.

Many a game we’re listened to on the radio with Van Miller on the call.

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I think it has to do more with the vaccine mandate than the weather IMO.

95% of people 18 or older are vaccinated.

I don’t think the mandate has anything to do with this.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

Found it:  https://www.tax.ny.gov/

What I was getting at is (I think) there is a limit to what NYS/County is willing to kick in which is probably not how much the Pegula's prefer/want to begin with.  So the additional cost from the dome is not coming from Pegula or taxes.   But maybe if we had a gofundme or a random rich fan wants to kick in the extra money we can have the dome.  This is sarcasm....its not gonna happen.  There are no amounts of RV shows and concerts that provides a reasonable payback.  Most of the money from those things does not go to the state or facility.

I think the idea mostly is that Terry isn't going to pay at all. His portion will be paid for my fans through seat licenses if he pays anything at all. I'm happy that Buffalo has major sports franchises, but Terry is not a good person. His business destroyed parts of Pennsylvania and now he apparently doesn't have enough money to upgrade his facilities like he said he would. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, artmalibu said:

You would think Saturday night would be an easy time to make.  Even if people needed to travel and spend the night there would be no need to take time off of work.  

I heard -3 with the wind chill, but would not figure that would scare Bills fans 

After five decades of going to ice bowl games, and not being a fan of getting home from night games at 2AM, I finally decided a warm couch and big screen at home was better for me!

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Absolutely. I do recall that.

And there were plenty of games where we were not saved from blackout.

Many a game we’re listened to on the radio with Van Miller on the call.

95% of people 18 or older are vaccinated.

I don’t think the mandate has anything to do with this.

95% of the city of Buffalo is not vaccinated 

There are enormous populations on the east and west sides and South Buffalo that are not vaccinated

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

95% of the city of Buffalo is not vaccinated 

There are enormous populations on the east and west sides and South Buffalo that are not vaccinated

I can buy rising Covid cases for a reason as for so many resale tickets available. I don't buy the vaccine requirement as a reason cause all season it wasn't an issue. Face it the problem is that a lot of season ticket holders are older and don't want to sit out in the cold. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I can buy rising Covid cases for a reason as for so many resale tickets available. I don't buy the vaccine requirement as a reason cause all season it wasn't an issue. Face it the problem is that a lot of season ticket holders are older and don't want to sit out in the cold. 

Absolutely my father is triple vax and close to 70 

He just got coronavirus so he's not going to the game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

guys… the Washington, Houston, and Miami games earlier this season were PACKED.  Like, complete full house.  The vaccine mandate is not the reason.

I would have bought tickets for my son and I at the prices they are.   Its at least a part of it.  As someone said earlier, its a product of more than one thing.   Canadian fans, and Coldvid.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

guys… the Washington, Houston, and Miami games earlier this season were PACKED.  Like, complete full house.  The vaccine mandate is not the reason.

But the OP isn’t about attendance.  It’s about the number of tickets available, which are mostly resale tickets.

Those resale tickets can be related to the mandate. Many season ticket holders chose to not give up their seasons even though they are not vaxed. Giving them up for refunds meant losing the tickets overall and many didn’t want to lose their seniority. 

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

But the OP isn’t about attendance.  It’s about the number of tickets available, which are mostly resale tickets.

Those resale tickets can be related to the mandate. Many season ticket holders chose to not give up their seasons even though they are not vaxed. Giving them up for refunds meant losing the tickets overall and many didn’t want to lose their seniority. 

in all honesty, I actually didn’t check TM/Stubhub the night before any of those games so I can’t say with certainty that there are more tix available for this game than there were for those.

Either way, hope it’s a packed house tomorrow.  I’ll be in Section 223 freezing my ass off and losing my voice!

if the price of tickets drop even further I HOPE some folks whom would never be able to attend a Bills playoff game decide what the heck...seize the moment..make history in the cold with 60.000 plus minus of the  best fans in the NFL

Id be there heck yes I would.

I worry about someone being too drunk and passing out outside .... a guy died like that at an air force academy game I attended back in the day.  Take care of each other, be aware. As brave as I am regarding attending a night playoffs freezeout from my comfy socal living room. My blood is so thin now compared to my WNY days. I salute the bills mafia all respect.

the coldest stadium game Ive ever experienced was the LA Coliseum. Dank humid freeze you to the bone cold , you were sitting in what felt like a cement bowl/dungeon.   ND vs USC Thanksgiving early 90's

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, tenderland said:

I have season tickets. A family function from which there is no escape is preventing me from going to the game. I am crushed. Why Saturday....why

Are you not aware of the terms of your agreement as a fan? Section 1. Paragraph 1. “Bills Before Blood”. I hereby revoke your status.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.