Why so many tickets left?

out

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I believe the GoFundMe is called taxes, couldn't find the link though. 

Found it:  https://www.tax.ny.gov/

What I was getting at is (I think) there is a limit to what NYS/County is willing to kick in which is probably not how much the Pegula's prefer/want to begin with.  So the additional cost from the dome is not coming from Pegula or taxes.   But maybe if we had a gofundme or a random rich fan wants to kick in the extra money we can have the dome.  This is sarcasm....its not gonna happen.  There are no amounts of RV shows and concerts that provides a reasonable payback.  Most of the money from those things does not go to the state or facility.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

The dome talk is nonsense. Imagine them sticking a dome over Lambeau? It’s embarrassing. These south and dome teams come up to Buffalo and don’t know what hit them. It’s removing an unmatched advantage.

That Lambeau advantage has gotten the Packers to one super bowl over the last 11 seasons with the best QB in the game. They were just bounced last year in late January at Lambeau by a Florida team with a 43 year old QB who probably has decreased blood flow. 

I could go either way on the dome thing. I do think a dome can still be a heavy advantage for the Bills. Places like Minnesota and New Orleans get LOUD. And I see Bills Maria being no different. The weather advantage wouldn't be there but the noise advantage would go up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We need a dome. 

We're not a rough and tumble "blue collar" rah rah bull#### team. We're FINALLY a team with a all-pro QB. What is the advantage to making him play in weather that's considered torture by the Geneva convention? Silly Buffalo pride? 

If we were in a dome tomorrow, I’d take Buffalo -10 in a heartbeat. With the temps being forecast? I have no idea who wins the game but I’m far less confident. 

The ball will be a rock and as we saw last time, that means the receivers have trouble catching the ball. 

I’m actually in town right now and there’s no WAY I would go sit in that mess. Call me a literal fair-weather fan, or that I’m not “tough enough” or not a real fan, but there’s nothing enjoyable about sitting outside for a minute; much less all day and then 4 hours for a game, when it’s 5 degrees out. 

This X 1,000,000!

• Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but arent the Bills are the only playoff team to require proof of vaccination to enter? (Or at least with a home game,  Raiders require I think)

This is going to have a large impact especially with a bunch of "fans" not attending because it is too cold. 

You hack off a bunch of your fan base, you get what you deserve. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wow. Some people can’t admit they’re wrong even when faced with indisputable evidence.

That is no where near packed.

The game was going to be blacked out (yes, a playoff game, blacked out).

The NFL had to give the Bills 2 extensions past the usual cutoff in order to find six different companies in the area that would purchase several thousand seats in order to lift the blackout.

In the end, 18,101 seats were empty. Thats nearly 25% of the stadium - empty.  

It was not almost filled. There were over 18,000 empty seats and that was even AFTER companies bought several thousand seafs.

Maybe. But that picture looks like a packed house. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but arent the Bills are the only playoff team to require proof of vaccination to enter? (Or at least with a home game,  Raiders require I think)

This is going to have a large impact especially with a bunch of "fans" not attending because it is too cold. 

Are you effin' kidding me?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

There was no issue with the vaccine requirements all season til now. Maybe season ticket holders should actually go to the game instead of reselling them to make a quick buck. IMO if I were the Bills I would ban the reselling of playoff tickets. 

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The fans want a dome if they don't have to pay for it. I'm sure the Pegulas would say the same.

And by the way, I want a date with Halle Berry and Emma Watson.

The public is paying for it whether they want it or not. Dome means Pegulas would have to foot more of the bill. Very naive. 

2 hours ago, noacls said:

What did Tasker say?

Yesterday on OBL, Tasker said people wouldn’t want to party outside anymore because they can party inside under a dome. He said tailgating would be dead. Lost me with the comment. You can’t toss a football in a dome. You can’t have mustard and ketchup squirting in a dome. I’m a proponent for a dome downtown and guarantee (Barkley voice) that I’ll find somewhere to tailgate outside of the dome

• Thank you (+1) 1

Playoffs will always be in January & February when WNY weather is at its worse.  You have your $40 million dollar QB for the next 10-12 years, and you are minimizing his skill set by letting the weather come into play.  

Not building a fixed roof stadium is beyond idiotic. 

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

There was no issue with the vaccine requirements all season til now. Maybe season ticket holders should actually go to the game instead of reselling them to make a quick buck. IMO if I were the Bills I would ban the reselling of playoff tickets. 

They sold out tickets pretty easily all year, overcoming the Canadian border issue, even with the bad weather.  

However, when you lose a chunk of the attendance to the Canadian border issue AND now bad weather, well this is when the vaccine requirement starts to become a problem in terms of attendance.   

The resale market is severely limited.  

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I assume as game time gets near people will lower the price and people who usually wouldn't be able to go (younger fans) will buy them and couldn't care less about the cold.

bingo Concur.  There is very small chance that highmark is not fully sold out by game time. Locals MOUNT UP fleece some scalper while yer at it.

m

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BTB said:

Playoffs will always be in January & February when WNY weather is at its worse.  You have your $40 million dollar QB for the next 10-12 years, and you are minimizing his skill set by letting he weather come into play.  

Not building a fixed roof stadium is beyond idiotic. 

You are premising your entire argument on the assumption that the primary objective of the franchise is to win games and championships.

What if it's to maximize profit?

There's the rub.

You think Pegula wants to spend $1 billion out of his own pocket to build a f-ing football stadium in Orchard Park, NY?

And that assumes the state will throw in another $500 million on top of it.

Domes are expensive.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

They sold out tickets pretty easily all year, overcoming the Canadian border issue, even with the bad weather.  

However, when you lose a chunk of the attendance to the Canadian border issue AND now bad weather, well this is when the vaccine requirement starts to become a problem in terms of attendance.   

The resale market is severely limited.  

dangit you have a really good point. Thanks that's a very valid take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

You are premising your entire argument on the assumption that the primary objective of the franchise is to win games and championships.

What if it's to maximize profit?

There's the rub.

You think Pegula wants to spend $1 billion out of his own pocket to build a f-ing football stadium in Orchard Park, NY?

And that assumes the state will throw in another $500 million on top of it.

Domes are expensive.

I have news for you…IMO the bulk of the new stadium money is coming from Joe Taxpayer…not Mr and Mrs Moneybags…and nowhere is it set in stone that the cost of a roof adds $500 mil to the cost. 

14 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Is there a possibility we don’t sell out? That would be so embarrassing.

No. There were less than 500 tickets left to be officially sold from the Bills at the beginning of the week. Most of everything online now is resale. Selling out isnt the issue, its how many of those resellers will show up if their tickets don't sell. It will still be a great crowd

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.