Why so many tickets left?

out

49 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Great question! The people staying home because it's cold ... there must be five or six thousand of them, since that's about how many are available on the secondary market.

So, hell, that would be plenty to cover the costs. Each of them tosses in somewhere between a hundred thousand and five hundred thousand simoleons, and boom!!

Don't forget the season ticket holders who sell their seats. 

There are many season ticket owners who are 55+ who just don't want to deal with the crappy weather.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure what this thread’s about. Why couldn’t a person enjoy going to games in the early part of the season when the weather is nice, sitting outside, and having a great time…and therefore ALSO not wanting to sit inside on those nice fall days? Who says you have to go to every game or enjoy freezing your butt off? 

Because attendance is very important in a small market city. The League looks very closely at season attendance numbers

Just saying

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If you can afford a leather recliner, you shouldn’t be watching a 55’ tv my man!!  It’s 2022x you can get an 80 inch tv for $700!!

Some of us do not have space for anything larger than 55 inches plus paid a bundle for this smarts when they first came out 3D and all

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Because attendance is very important in a small market city. The League looks very closely at season attendance numbers

Just saying

Is attendance important or ticket sales? With the percentage of season tickets sold the NFL has made their money. Throw in the ratings boost when Buffalo is a national game and I believe the league is pretty satisfied with this small market city. 

If the NFL was worried about fans coming and being at the game...perhaps they would have the foresight to take weather into account when they scheduled this weekends games and made it a daytime game so there is still some sunlight out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

The fans want a dome.

The PEGULAS don't want to pay for it. But instead of owning it, the Pegulas like to say that the "city and fans don't want it". 

That's what's really going on. 

The fans want a dome if they don't have to pay for it. I'm sure the Pegulas would say the same.

And by the way, I want a date with Halle Berry and Emma Watson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Don't forget the season ticket holders who sell their seats. 

There are many season ticket owners who are 55+ who just don't want to deal with the crappy weather.

I am honestly over the age of 50.

Everything aches.

Everything is too loud for me.

I am always cold without my shawl, even in August.

And I always seem to be waiting for my soup.

I don't need the age shaming or cancel culture that IS the early 21st century machinations.  

I have my rights, too!

...now why the hell is the window open?!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Is attendance important or ticket sales? With the percentage of season tickets sold the NFL has made their money. Throw in the ratings boost when Buffalo is a national game and I believe the league is pretty satisfied with this small market city. 

If the NFL was worried about fans coming and being at the game...perhaps they would have the foresight to take weather into account when they scheduled this weekends games and made it a daytime game so there is still some sunlight out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hindsight is 20/20 - but Sunday at 1p would have been perfect with the weather gods.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

The fans want a dome.

The PEGULAS don't want to pay for it. But instead of owning it, the Pegulas like to say that the "city and fans don't want it". 

That's what's really going on. 

This is correct. My guess is the state said this is what we will pay for. If you want a roof pay for it yourself. 

The issue isn’t just the cold. We have so many crazy wind days. It’s a home field disadvantage.  

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I would guess the upper deck will be 60% empty and the upper end zones about 40%

A lot of those seats used to be bus trips from Canada

No. Absolutely not lol. Tickets are moving. There were over 5,000 on Stubhub two days ago. This morning there are 2,800. It will be pretty much full. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

No. Absolutely not lol. Tickets are moving. There were over 5,000 on Stubhub two days ago. This morning there are 2,800. It will be pretty much full. 

plus a lot of the people trying to sell will just say “eff it” and attend if they can’t sell theirs by tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.