Why so many tickets left?

out

15 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Canadians are a non-factor in attendance but are a big factor in the number of resale tickets available, which is the point of the OP. 

500 tickets available means it is nearly a sellout already. 

None of the Canadian resale has changed in the positive—certainly it should be down since the border opened up.  Before that, I assume all Canadians put tickets on resale September to November—yet attendance was still up. US fans snapped them all up.

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Has something changed in the last week making it harder for Canadians to enter the US?  The US just opened the border for nonessential travel in November.

Yes something changed in mid December.  We now have to do a PCR test in the US for trips under 72 hours in order to return to Canada.  I've got to do a $100 same day PCR test to go to the game Saturday night.... well to come home, but you get the idea.  According to the Bills Canadians make up around 10% of season ticket holders, so it's a factor.

Also - if I happen to test positive on that PCR test I am stuck in the US until I get a negative test, so hotels, food, more tests.  The cost can add up.  I've waited too long for a home playoff game so I'll take the risk, but it's easy to understand why others won't.

Edited by driddles
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, driddles said:

Yes something changed in mid December.  We now have to do a PCR test in the US for trips under 72 hours in order to return to Canada.  I've got to do a $100 same day PCR test to go to the game Saturday night.... well to come home, but you get the idea.  According to the Bills Canadians make up around 10% of season ticket holders, so it's a factor.

I was thinking Canadians make up something like 10% or more of a Bills crowd.  That is a significant amount!

21 minutes ago, Beast said:

500 tickets remain? 

I thought it was 20,000 plus reading some if the content in this thread.

Regardless, I'll be watching from the couch with a drink in my hand. Warm and toasty.

There was 20,500 tickets remaining but I bought 20,000 myself to help.  Merry F’ing Christmas.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, tenderland said:

Coldest game in bills history   Divisional Round - Los Angeles Raiders at Buffalo Bills - January 15th, 1994 ,0 degrees, wind chill of minus-32

Attendance  = 61,923

Yep, upper corners were void of any fans.  Kinda of a fun game in Bills lore, a 29-23 win.  Tasker went crazy.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

I thought this was 'Bills' weather, but it's too cold for the fans? Come on.

Are you going?

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Canadians are a non-factor in attendance but are a big factor in the number of resale tickets available, which is the point of the OP. 

500 tickets available means it is nearly a sellout already. 

Yes, as far as the Bills are concerned. They sold every ticket. Resale? Still plenty to sell.

22 minutes ago, tenderland said:

Coldest game in bills history   Divisional Round - Los Angeles Raiders at Buffalo Bills - January 15th, 1994 ,0 degrees, wind chill of minus-32

Attendance  = 61,923

As someone who was at that game I can state that if you are in the lower bowl, especially low inside, the wind is not bad, but definitely have layers.

2 hours ago, artmalibu said:

You would think Saturday night would be an easy time to make.  Even if people needed to travel and spend the night there would be no need to take time off of work.  

I heard -3 with the wind chill, but would not figure that would scare Bills fans off...

-3  Not for me. I will stay at home.

I’ve got 4 great lower level tickets available if anyone is interested. 
Section 111 Row 31

Lower level, Visitors side, 40 yard line on the aisle. 
Temperature in that row expected to be mid 70s. 

Edited by K-No
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.