Why so many tickets left?

out

5 minutes ago, T master said:

Western NY economy has never been great & the fans are use to the weather . I've also heard that if you drink enough alcohol the virus dies due to alcohol poisoning LOL .

Besides these are Bills fans they jump through tables they ain't scared 😂 ... And the virus can't get through massive amounts of mustard & ketchup so pinto Ron has got it going on !! 

Perfect! That totally brightened my day - Go Bills 😊

56 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

All the people that want a dome are selling their tickets in protest. 🤣

There are few original tickets available; there’s tons of resale available. It’s going to be brutally cold and a night game. Plus all the Canadian ticket holders are pretty much shut out from attending. 

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why?

1) Weather.

2) Tough for Canadians to attend.

3) Pats fans won't travel because they know they are losing.

Wait till game day. Tickets will probably be $5.

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

As many have said, first and foremost it's the weather.

This isn't going to be normal Buffalo winter that WNYers are immune to.

This is going to be a FRIGID experience and that is enough to keep people away.

Secondly, it's tough for Canadians to come over the border, and I'm sure they represent a solid % of most home crowds.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The vaccine requirement and Canada being closed (is that still right?) obviously have some built-in effect. Throw in the fact that it's going to be one of the coldest games in Bills history and it makes a lot of sense.

And maybe a little bit of an effect from folks who are mad about no dome.

Has something changed in the last week making it harder for Canadians to enter the US?  The US just opened the border for nonessential travel in November.

The Bills are averaging 68K at home games (71.6K capacity).  They had 70K in the windy NE game and even 65K for the JETS just last week.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Has something changed in the last week making it harder for Canadians to enter the US?  The US just opened the border for nonessential travel in November.

The Bills are averaging 68K at home games (71.6K capacity).  They had 70K in the windy NE game and even 65K for the JETS just last week.

Nothing changed; it’s the required test to get back to Canada that’s a limiting factor.  Apparently Canadian ticket holders are able to resell most of their tickets. 

I think people conflate tickets available for resale with the game going to have poor attendance. That hasn’t been the case. 

12 minutes ago, tenderland said:

The vaccination issue is a good point . If it  not for that may be close to sold out. Seems resale tickets prices may need a reality check

Ummm, it was FAR less of an issue when temps were in the double digits. I think that might be barking up the wrong tree. Look for the obvious answer, and that might just be THE answer.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Nothing changed; it’s the required test to get back to Canada that’s a limiting factor.  Apparently Canadian ticket holders are able to resell most of their tickets. 

I think people conflate tickets available for resale with the game going to have poor attendance. That hasn’t been the case. 

Before November, they couldn't come at all.

Clearly the attendance numbers show the Bills haven't relied on Canadians to fill the stadium this year.  They are a non-factor this weekend.

1 minute ago, 716er said:

We've packed the house plenty of times this year with vax requirements and the border issues.

The cold is the variable that is overwhelmingly the reason tix are plentiful and cheap.

There is a big difference between 0 and 30F. Frostbite is a real risk during the game. People know that and tickets are available because of it. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

We've packed the house plenty of times this year with vax requirements and the border issues.

The cold is the variable that is overwhelmingly the reason tix are plentiful and cheap.

The cold is obviously the variable, however the vaccine requirements limit the ability to backfill the crowd with people purchasing the available tickets.  

It’s not a huge number, but it’s likely enough to get this to a sell-out.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

yup.

row 1 in a club level seat is over $700 (and rated by stubhub as a 1 star value)

row 5 on the 50 yard line is under $200 (5 star value).

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Before November, they couldn't come at all.

Clearly the attendance numbers show the Bills haven't relied on Canadians to fill the stadium this year.  They are a non-factor this weekend.

Canadians are a non-factor in attendance but are a big factor in the number of resale tickets available, which is the point of the OP. 

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Lots of people probably re selling due to cold and maybe the time of the game being a late night game 

500 tickets available means it is nearly a sellout already. 

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Lots of people probably re selling due to cold and maybe the time of the game being a late night game 

500 tickets remain? 

I thought it was 20,000 plus reading some if the content in this thread.

Regardless, I'll be watching from the couch with a drink in my hand. Warm and toasty.

I remember in the early 1990's being at a Bills - Jets game where the wind chill was -30 the actual temp was around zero. I know I certainly could not do that again.

What was amazing is in the packed stadium it did not seem that cold, and no, I don't drink so it could not have been alcohol keeping me warm. Everytime there was a good play everyone was jumping and cheering, probably to keep warm.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yup.

row 1 in a club level seat is over $700 (and rated by stubhub as a 1 star value)

row 5 on the 50 yard line is under $200 (5 star value).

That club seat price is crazy. The only advantage is being able to go into the club when you get cold.  You won't be under cover and the heaters don't reach that far down the section. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 716er said:

Yes but now there's tens of thousands of tickets on the resale market... Which means only fully vaccinated people could buy those

The original people that bought those all know the terms and conditions

And there's only a specific market of people they can sell them to

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes but now there's tens of thousands of tickets on the resale market... Which means only fully vaccinated people could buy those

The original people that bought those all know the terms and conditions

And there's only a specific market of people they can sell them to

Purely speculation, but I’d have to imagine the cross-section of unvaccinated and willing to go to a packed playoff night game in subzero temps is pretty large.   Myself included.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.