[Vague Title] The Angel of Death

cage

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Why is there a constant need to generate nicknames for the Bills.

The best nicknames pop up organically, this never ending lets give someone a manufactured nickname rarely works and/or is effective.

I agree Roy Batty.  I am fine calling players by their real names.  You call your friends or relatives nicknames sometimes.  People you are close to.  Otherwise an actual name is fine. 

The topics on Two Bills Drive have pretty much spun into nothingness.  (this being a perfect example)  Noone talks about hardcore football anymore.  The Bills, other teams, football history.  It really is quite boring to be honest.  

You want football watch All Madden on Fox.  That's real football.  Who cares about nicknames.  You have to earn that distinction.  The only one that matters is LT.

• Like (+1) 2

Allen is a QB like none other, but it was Brian Daboll who molded him into what he is today and I also have to shout out Jordan Palmer as well.

Daboll is excellent in terms of his passing offense, very smart and interesting in terms of play calling. His running attack has gotten better as well, but there’s more to be desired here.

All in all, he is an up and coming mind in the NFL, the emergence of Josh Allen was his major comeuppance as far as getting noticed and recognized by the NFL and the MSM, but Allen was about as raw as he could possibly be coming out of Wyoming. He deserves props for that.

58 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Allen is a QB like none other, but it was Brian Daboll who molded him into what he is today and I also have to shout out Jordan Palmer as well.

Daboll is excellent in terms of his passing offense, very smart and interesting in terms of play calling. His running attack has gotten better as well, but there’s more to be desired here.

All in all, he is an up and coming mind in the NFL, the emergence of Josh Allen was his major comeuppance as far as getting noticed and recognized by the NFL and the MSM, but Allen was about as raw as he could possibly be coming out of Wyoming. He deserves props for that.

If he had a track record of that, I'd buy it.  Or even of being a decent OC prior to Alabama and getting Josh.  To me he's like guys like Gase, or Nagy or McDaniels, who look good with good/great QBs, but not so great without them.  But that's just me.

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, Augie said:

It fit some people during a certain war, a long time ago, and should NEVER be used for the leader of our football team. IMO. 

I think nicknames are generally lame, but that one goes beyond lame to insensitive and offensive. I realize that might not be so obvious to younger people, but every day is a chance to learn something. 

Please google “Angel of Death”, then decide for yourself if that’s a good suggestion. 

Agreed 100% I’m a huge Slayer fan, but I am clearly aware of who they made “Angel of Death” about. Allen is a freak of an athlete and there has to be a better nickname for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

Not bad.  I think I prefer Rich Eisen’s “The Mandalorian” 

I'm his Baby Yoda (Grogu):wub:

19 hours ago, MJS said:

Pro Football Reference lists Allen's nickname as "General". I like "Winter Soldier" better, though.

Mitchell Trubisky is apparently nicknamed "Mr. Biscuit".

False Mitch is affectionately known as Motorboatin' Mitchell:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:40 PM, Victory Formation said:

The reason why Coach Diabolical was able to do this is the same reason why he will be a good head coach - he knows football on both side of the lines.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, Jerry Jabber said:

Agreed 100% I’m a huge Slayer fan, but I am clearly aware of who they made “Angel of Death” about. Allen is a freak of an athlete and there has to be a better nickname for him. 

Just subtract, mengele and the holocaust and replace it with football terms and we're all set, easy peasy 😁😁

3 hours ago, cage said:

Wow, I was just reacting to what I thought was a flippant tweet when I started this thread.  But then......

Oh hell yeah, need one of those !!

Actually been using “TFG” for Allen since that anecdote about some opposing d coordinator referring to him as “This F***in Guy”. How many breakdowns have there been where the D makes a perfect call, everyone does their job properly and wins their rep, and still the Bills play succeeds because Allen does something only Allen can do and you just throw your headset/phone/tablet down and yell “THIS F***IN GUY!!!”

LFG TFG!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Actually been using “TFG” for Allen since that anecdote about some opposing d coordinator referring to him as “This F***in Guy”. How many breakdowns have there been where the D makes a perfect call, everyone does their job properly and wins their rep, and still the Bills play succeeds because Allen does something only Allen can do and you just throw your headset/phone/tablet down and yell “THIS F***IN GUY!!!”

LFG TFG!

There was a moment in the Falcons game where Josh ran for a first down I think, and it showed Lee Smith and Matt Ryan chuckling on the sidelines and it pretty much radiated this energy.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.